Engine Progress (uzurpator)

Discussions related to programming Transport Empire.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

GJ :)

Once I get some SVN server, I'll uplod the current source, so we can all use it.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Touqen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Touqen »

What's the status on the SVN server? If you want I have a server available. I'd really like to see this project continue on as I think it has a lot of promise.

Also, I'd be willing to contribute man hours as I am a coder myself.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Teh SVN is in limbo.

I am researching other options tho.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The SVN server is up and running and has been for months, it's just this project appears to be a bit disorganised when it comes to who knows what (ie, server details, and so on). ;)
knedle
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by knedle »

You need a menager then. ;)
Touqen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Touqen »

I have a feeling that once some progress has been made the project will begin to organize itself. I find that people (especially those that work for free) have a hard time organizing "what ifs".
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Progress has been stellar - unfortuneatly ponly in my head becauce my main computer fried its mainboard. Waiting for a replacement as we speak.

Anyhow - thread safety has been raised significantly. I still have weird issues with rendeder, and therefore decided to single-thread it. There should be no performance hit since OGRE is single threaded anyways.

Source is @ svn://81.171.98.104/
neroden
Engineer
Engineer

Can I get SVN commit powers?

Post by neroden »

Is there some way I could get an account so I could commit to SVN.

I wanna do Linux porting work. And spelling fixes. And it touches a lot of files.

And my existing patches haven't been integrated....
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Sorry for late reply.

I haven't included your patches due to technical problems - I once again have to set up my environment on another computer

Anyhow. Now that SVN is working I think we can set up the dependancies and whatnot and start working without patches/diffs, alas for some time. :)
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Development is on hold again :/ mY laptop (second computer) got total system crash, and until I fix it i cannot do anything :/

anyhow - I know where the crash occurs with the 'abnormal termination' problem. Fix in progress.

Return to “Transport Empire Coding”