Temporary Wiki

Discussions related to programming Transport Empire.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

iLess
Engineer
Engineer

Temporary Wiki

Post by iLess »

As there is no Wiki atm. I will leave mine online to put in Notes and usefull information regarding the project, which IMO do not belong into a forum.
Feel free to add stuff if you like. I hope we will soon have an official wiki again.

Here's the address again: http://tempire.selfip.org
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

iLess wrote:I hope we will soon have an official wiki again.
Thanks for the temporary wiki.

I too hope that we will soon have the official wiki again. (Hopefully, including all the content that used to be in there)
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

I've been looking around in that wiki. Interesting stuff.
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
iLess
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iLess »

hehe. I collected it when i was trying to make my own small arcade-style 1v1 game for playing over the network. It was meant to be a pre-project to get familiar with networking and other game related stuff. But unfortunately my friend who assured me his support on the project didn't write a single line of code, so i ended up writing everything alone. Eventually the project died in the end. I did a working prototype though (which included a windowing system, sound using OpenAL and font-rendering using FreeType and graphics all done in OpenGL). But controlling the game speed to be stable with changing latencies was something i didn't really solve properly. Its the hardest part of networking. I tried to implement some kind of Age of Empires Networking model, but it didn't work out as smooth as i was hoping. Because as soon as latency gets high the game has to realize that very fast and make order turns contain more gameframes than before. But when latency drops again the game becomes faster again. This all made the gameplay very jerking and therefore unpleasant.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It appears to be down...

This could be moved to the official Transport Empire site on my server if desired, even if it just remains a temporary wiki. (I'm not sure how possible it'll be to get the old data back, to be honest).
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

orudge wrote:It appears to be down...
It's a Dyndns address... The two most likely situations are:

1. The server is switched off or disconnected or whatever. (:P)
2. The IP address changed and the DynDNS records aren't updated yet.

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
Under construction...
iLess
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iLess »

Sorry for the inconvenience. But atm they are working on the electric lines in our building so it got turned off a couple of times. but it should be back online now. The Ip changing is not a problem as i have a small daemon that keeps updating it.

Return to “Transport Empire Coding”