Added some code to the CVS repository

Discussions related to programming Transport Empire.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Added some code to the CVS repository

Post by Hellfire »

I just checked in a bunch of code to the CVS repository.

People who have been monitoring the project the last two weeks, will be familiar with the things I've put in there. It's basically the source of Milestone 5, with some modifications:
  • Added autoconf/automake scripts. This will reduce the effort needed for maintaining Makefiles a lot. Compiling works perfectly on MinGW and Linux. Cygwin and Visual C++ support are a To Do item.
  • Changed the directory structure of the source code. The C++ source code now has its own subdirectory, which makes it relatively easy for us to add "conf" and "data" directories later.
  • The code is now available to non-developers! :D
  • Added a very brief license file. I'd like to release it under the GPL license in the near future, but until I do so, the source code is proprietary, meaning that you can try it, change it and send me patches, but you cannot distribute the sources or the binaries, unless I have given you explicit authorization.
For more information on the CVS repository, please visit the project page on Sourceforge. The CVS directory is called "tempire".

Feel free to discuss here. :)
Last edited by Hellfire on 20 Mar 2006 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hmm, Raknet seems to be nice, consindering it's UDP it has to do it's own packet correction if not you will get some problems.
To bad it's not suited for closed source project yet.

Ohh, the current design, doing a quick look at the files shows it's much like my "terminal methode" network design :)

Happy coding and keep up the good work.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

eis_os wrote:Hmm, Raknet seems to be nice, consindering it's UDP it has to do it's own packet correction if not you will get some problems.
To bad it's not suited for closed source project yet.
It is, actually. RakNet is released three different licenses: GPL and two closed-source licenses.
Ohh, the current design, doing a quick look at the files shows it's much like my "terminal methode" network design :)

Happy coding and keep up the good work.
Thanks for the thumbs-up! :)

(This is just the kind of support that really helps to keep me motivated. :D )
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Hellfire, having looked at your code I must say it looks more promising than ever. :)

Didn't knew RakNet before.. it's website says that it is commonly used, so perhaps it's good. Not to mention that you are using it.. :)

Good luck. I think it is admirable that you're going straight at the behind the surface stuff. Verry nice.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “Transport Empire Coding”