Licensing

Development discussion about Transport Empire. Other discussion to General forum please.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

aarona wrote:Who likes this license?

http://thedjbway.org/license_free.html
Didn't read all, but looks nice.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Don't listen to much to me as I'm just lurking around at the moment.. :) It is you who are working on the stuff that should decide on this matter.

What makes me abit afraid is that I beleave that it can be quite dangerous to have money in the picture. We are not a formal organisation as such, nor there are are any written rules. As someone (was it Steve?) said before: if money comes in to the picture the question araises, who will get what etc. I think if we get into a such situation there is a risk that someone will try to grab these money and put the whole project in a very dangrous situation. I don't think this is an unrealistic danger which we will put the project into.

Not that I don't like money, but I beleve that the risks are to high for taking the chance. Especially with a project where a lot of people have put their own free time into it.

Do want that parts of TE be reused in other games?
Yes, why not?

Is it allowed to bind TE code with non-free code?
No.

Is it allowed to have TE code be sold if it part of an other non-free
No.

Is it allowed to sell TE as such?
No.

Do we want to make money on TE?
No.

DVDs with extra matereal such as mods and such could be sold. But then it should be done when the TE group is strong and the members know eachother well. The money that comes in shall belong to TE. They should be used for servers, domain name and other such costs.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “Transport Empire Development”