[DD] Game controls

Development discussion about Transport Empire. Other discussion to General forum please.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

[DD] Game controls

Post by Hyronymus »

In this topic the game controls for Transport Empire were discussed. The Design Document doesn't mention them anywhere though.

Game controls
Transport Empire can be played with a keyboard and any mouse with at least 2 buttons. Mice with a scroll wheel will have added functionality to the mouse, i.e. zooming in/out can be assigned to scrolling the mousewheel up or down. The keyboard is primarily required for text input. Function keys (F1-F12) and Ctrl, Alt and Shift keys are available for quick selection of menus and or they enhance mouse functionality. Free keyboard characters can be mapped as shortcuts for frequently used actions, i.e. choosing track type, building a signal etc. Players are free to map the keyboard characters to their own preferences.

Question 1: should we already think of game menus that we will need and how those menus can be called?
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

Question 1: Yes, because it will be a good exercise to think about what we want in an interface, how it looks like, etc. There would be no point in building a temp interface is a more permanant one can be thought out now.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I agree, we should think about all the windows we are going to make now. I can only think of a main window which is very much like the TTD toolbar. This window will allow players to access other windows, like building stuff, loading/saving windows etc.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Transport Empire Development”