[RFD] Airports: how is they constructed? by modules or fixed

Development discussion about Transport Empire. Other discussion to General forum please.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

What about the terminal strips (module), that are just a field that the airport woner builds, where other companies are obeyed to build terminals (perhaps they have to ask the owner first).
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Yea, it makes sense to plan the area in which terminals can be placed. I think any terminal building should be checked with the owner first, whether it's a town or company. So you can't just steal someone elses airport, but you can still sell a bit of your airport to someone to make money, if you need it.
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

(about zuu's post here a little above) :

So, when building/designing the airport, you (or the town) only put down runways + terminal-space.

When a company wants to use an airport, they have to build their terminal on one of the terminal-spaces ?

That's a good idea.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Yes, I agree with it as long as terminals are in the reserved terminal area and hangars are in the reserved hangar area.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

PJayTycy wrote:(about zuu's post here a little above) :

So, when building/designing the airport, you (or the town) only put down runways + terminal-space.

When a company wants to use an airport, they have to build their terminal on one of the terminal-spaces ?

That's a good idea.
So if you want to keep your airport four your self, just don't place any terminal-spaces. :D
By the way i think we maybe should have one-way taxis to simplify the designing of airports.

I think it is OK to seperate terminal-space and hangar-space, as Hyronymus proposed.

Locked until the DD discussion arrives at this issue.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “Transport Empire Development”