Locomotion Mods

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Locomotion Mods

Post by Shadowknight1166 »

No I know that they are.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I'm not sure then, you'll just have to troubleshoot some more.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

Are they possible not invented? Or obsolete?
Some have dates that they are available.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

As I have mentioned before, I created a Great Britain and Ireland new game and everything I select in the mod is present but on a completely different map, Clifftop Climb which is the one I am currently having my issues with, even when I start a new game, some of the items such as trams and airplanes dont show up, I get the airplanes but not the airports to use. So why on one map, everything in the mod I select shows up but on a completely different one, some dont. Can someone explain that to me and how to go about fixing it. I apologize for the dragging on of this issue but its one that just will not stop bugging me.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

As long as you've done everything we've described, there should be no issues, so unfortunately I'm not sure. I even made a saved game of Clifftop Climb and used LocoMod on it, successfully adding one of the modded airports into the game.

I'm not sure if you've mentioned before, but are you playing on disc or on a download? It probably won't matter in this instance but it can affect other things.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Disc. But like I said, it loads everything I choose on one map but doesnt on a completely different map, I dont understand why thats happening.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok so deleting these mods messes up my game, is there anyway to fix this?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

You should have made a backup copy of your Objdata folder. All the old mod topics recommend you do so just in case. Adding files and modding saved games to require those files will make them unusable if you just delete the mods. For instance, you wouldn't be able to start any game in the US if you deleted the file for the Pacific (USPACIF.DAT).

If you need a clean start, recover your saved games by using the .sv5.bak files, uninstall the game, and reinstall it. If you want to get rid of the mods altogether then delete your Objdata folder entirely before reinstalling as doing so won't delete the Locomotion folder, it will only replace files with the same names as its included files.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

If I made like a new folder to put them in, would they still be deleted or no? And how would I go about making these files? Or do I make a copy of my saved games and then move them?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

And another thing, my mod saved games dont show up in my single player saved game folder? Is there a way to get them to show up in that folder in my file explorer?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

To put all of my issues into one post so I dont spam: When you say that it will replace the items, will it replace the mods or the normal ones when I reinstall after I delete the objdata folder. And the other issue is on my computer I have the Locomotion folder in three places, under user and Program Files and Program Files x86 so I dont know if thats an issue or not. So will I need to delete the objdata folder in all three places before uninstalling. And the last thing. How would I go about making my saved games into the format you mentioned in your post? Along with that, to "backup" my saved game files, can I make a new folder and move them into it or do I have to do it the way you mentioned and if so, how would I go about doing that? Because of deleting the mods, my game will not start, so any helpful advice is welcome.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Shadowknight1166 wrote: 16 Apr 2020 18:18If I made like a new folder to put them in, would they still be deleted or no?
Zakos wrote: 16 Apr 2020 17:33 doing so won't delete the Locomotion folder, it will only replace files with the same names as its included files.
See above. Nothing gets deleted if you uninstall old CS games.
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 16 Apr 2020 18:18And how would I go about making these files? Or do I make a copy of my saved games and then move them?
You're not making any files. If you mean the .bak files, I'm talking about the backup that LocoMod makes automatically when you edit a file. Rename "savegame.sv5.bak" to just "savegame.sv5" and there's your old saved file. I only brought this up as a solution to you not being able to use saved games anymore.
Shadowknight1166 wrote: 16 Apr 2020 18:21And another thing, my mod saved games dont show up in my single player saved game folder? Is there a way to get them to show up in that folder in my file explorer?
As for this, I'm not sure. Since you're using a disc version, everything should be in the same folder as the split-folder issue is unique to downloadable versions. Go into LocoMod and go to load a saved game. Make sure it's taking you to C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Locomotion\Single Player Saved Games (just click to go up a folder a few times to see where you started).

In general, please consider troubleshooting on your own as well. Mod-specific questions won't be easily answered with intuition alone, but some of these problems seem to be the PC itself of compatibility. We can provide insight, but only you have access to your computer so there's no way for me to see what's going on from your end.

Edit for new reply: Mods are not on the official release of the game. It will not remove or replace them because it doesn't recognize them, but it will replace all of the items in the base game. And yes, having it split between both Program Files folders is a problem. It would be an incredible hassle to look through everything so just reinstall the game taking care to note which folder it gets installed to. And only interact with that folder thereafter.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok so you have anwsered some of my questions. Ive got more though. I apologize for all of the questions, how would I go about making a backup copy of my saved game files especially those who have been edited. Like Clifftop Climb for example, I made a edited version where there is no ai but that saved game doesnt show up in my file explorer where single player saved games are so how would I go about backing up those files. Again, I aplogize for all of the questions but I just have a lot.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Ok so to follow up my previous question: I believe the 3rd part of your most recent post has officially anwsered all of my questions so before I uninstall, should I delete the entire locomotion folder or just the ObjData folder in every spot or should I delete all of the locomotion folders in every location I mentioned before and when I reinstall where should I put the Locomotion folder preferrable. I believe I am reaching the anwsers I am searching for.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

And this is the last post I will make, when I go to uninstall, do I need to delete the entire Locomotion folder or just the ObjData folder in every location I mentioned above even though its the exact same folder in the three places I mentioned before. Again, I truly apologize for the many questions but I believe I am getting to the anwsers I have been searching for.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

If you want to completely get rid of the mods, delete Objdata only. If you don't, just leave it. Deleting the Locomotion folder will do the job too but will delete all of your saved games as well.

I would say delete the entire Locomotion folder in regular Program files and leave the one in Program Files (x86), however.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Then uninstall?
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

Welll uninstalling and reinstalling somewhat worked. In Scenario Editor, mods no longer show up but in my file explorer, they are still present, so I dont know how to go about getting rid of them because I cannot start the game without them in my file explorer. And in the LocoMod editor, they are no longer present either but why must they still be in my file explorer for the game to start.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

What did you do specifically? I listed several options.
Shadowknight1166
Engineer
Engineer

I just deleted the objdata folder. Like I said, in the scenario editor they are no longer there but yet in my file explorer they are still there but that no longer matters to me because they are no longer in the game. Turning to the other issue is that in the LocoMod, I am still having the issue with items that are checked are not showing up in the game. Even under the Vehicle Tab. I even start a new game file, save it and exit out, go to the LocoMod, add what I want, go back into the game, load that saved game file, the items I checked dont show up so I dont know why this is happening and how to go about fixing it. Clifftop Climb is the one I am focused on fixing right now because Great Britain and Ireland, one that I edited, the LocoMod app works fine for so why on one map does it work and others it does not or is it something that I am doing and if so, what.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”