Long John Silver's Trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Not_LJS
Engineer
Engineer

Long John Silver's Trains

Post by Not_LJS »

Okay, so, some older forum members might remember me, but I haven't been on tt-forums in years, and I'm posting this under a new account anyway since in all likelihood I'll just get banned for posting this since it's directly in violation of the rules. But whatever.

I happened recently to stroll through the forums to see how dead they are these days, and I noticed several people searching for the long-lost Long John Silver site, which had a variety of very high quality US freight equipment available for free download. However, whoever LJS was, he seems to be long gone, and so is his site and with it the only available links from which these could be obtained. As such no one has been able to download them for years.

However, I also happen to be going through all my old Locomotion files to try to create a playable install with all the mods I used to love back in the day, and lo and behold, I found an old copy of my ObjData with all of LJS's trains in it. I believe this is the full set of everything he ever uploaded. I figure that since I still have 'em, I might as well share, so I rounded them all up into folders as best as I remember how they looked when originally downloaded, and zipped em up. This includes, most importantly, a FULL SET OF NORFOLK SOUTHERN HERITAGE UNITS.

In the absence of anyone to ask permission of to release them, I'm just gonna chuck the zip up onto the forums for any remaining newbies to have one last shot at obtaining these excellent trains. It probably won't last long, so once it gets taken down, I ask that those who got to download it to pass a copy on to those still seeking it. "Share and share alike" and all that.

I claim absolutely no credit for anything in this zip file. I just thought it was a shame that some of the best-looking US trains ever made for Locomotion had been lost to history. Long John Silver, if you're out there and you find this, I ask that you please either grant me permission to offer this zip of your work, or put your site back up and I'll promptly retract it and disappear.
Attachments
LJS US Trains Full Download.zip
(24 MiB) Downloaded 760 times
Jagged_bacon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Long John Silver's Trains

Post by Jagged_bacon »

Holy crap thank you so much! I've been looking for this for so long :bow:
Let the good times roll!
I make locomotion videos! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF9pxC ... VuIltm0vhQ
montanna.27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by montanna.27 »

yes i like these ones aswell
have you danced with the devil in the pale moon light
gtasa
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gtasa »

Thank you. I've wondered if someone had a cache of all his stuff. I have a few things from the site but its nice to have it all again.
onart
Engineer
Engineer

Post by onart »

Hello
I am totally lost here. I use the steam version of locomotion and tried to add these files. They show in the scenario editor with picture, but when I try to select them I get a red popup window that it cannot dind the data for this object, on all of them. The files were renamed to .DAT as steam wants it. I did this before with the dutrch train set without any problems, so I wonder what my problem with these might be. Any help?
griffinrails
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by griffinrails »

Just archived the link to Wayback.
= STEAM TRAM viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87037 =+= CITY AND COUNTRY USA viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87054 =+= MAILCAR PATCH viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87071 =+= THE DECLINE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87127 =+= NEW STATIONS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87191=+= DISTANT SIGNALS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87206 =+= AUSSIE LEVEL CROSSING viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87364 =+= BROAD GAUGE FOR LOCOMOTION viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87336 =+= OMNIBUS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=88862 =

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZYvWn ... T3EdQqUlKw
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Use OpenLoco

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”