Maximum speed (speed limit) on roads

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

MrMatt
Engineer
Engineer

Maximum speed (speed limit) on roads

Post by MrMatt »

Hi, all.

I've just joined today, and maybe what I'm asking is completely ridiculous (it having, maybe, already been answered --although I have found nothing in my searches, or nobody else gives a hoot), but I want to set speed limits on certain roads.
In most places in the world, speed limits differ according to the kind of road you're on: city streets (usually 40-60 km/h), roads outside cities (70-90 km/h), and freeways/motorways/highways (100-130 km/h).
The roads in Locomotion are said to have a speed limit (if one locotools a road, the XML has a variable "field_B[1]" size="1">, supposedly to set a maximum speed for that kind of road; but whatever I do to this, after uploading the retooled .dat file into the appropriate directory, the vehicles still treat it like the Geman Autobahn: go as fast as the vehicle allows.
What am I doing wrong?
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Maximum speed (speed limit) on roads

Post by Zakos »

The Locomotion Wiki doesn't list any details on how to manipulate the variable and how it translates into a speed limit. However, there are two bits that work in conjunction with one another.

Code: Select all

Field_B[0]
Field_B[1]
Note that the values are 16 bits and therefore have a maximum value of 15.

I would edit (or copy and edit) a road vehicle and make its maximum speed 65535 (unlimited) and play around with different values of those variables for the road you'd like to edit. I would do it myself but Locomotion unfortunately doesn't work on my computer right now :(
MrMatt
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Maximum speed (speed limit) on roads

Post by MrMatt »

Thank you!

Could anyone explain how this 16 bit field works?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”