Wrapper for Locotool

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Lintz
Engineer
Engineer

Wrapper for Locotool

Post by Lintz »

Hi.
First off i know that there is a ton of threads on the same subject. but i have been searching the web for the last 2 hours for a solution with no luck.
My problem with the wrapper tool is when i drag all the files in OBJdata to the box in the wrapper tool. i firstly gives me about 500 pop-up windows. all the windows tell me the same exact thing. That the file is not a .dat file.
(Look at attached picture)
Popups.png
(203.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When its done and i have closed all the pop-ups, it creates 2 folders "Normal" and "No breakdown".
When I open op the folders, the normal folder contains almost all the original files. While the "no breakdown" folder only contains 9 of files. and i know that these files aren't all the vehicles in the game. (Because fx. the Pacific is named USPACIF, and its not there :( )
(Look at attached picture)
No Breakdown folder.png
(108.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
And when i open up Locomotion, nothing has changed. I know i am supposed to buy new trains before it works, but i have done that and my trains, trucks etc. still break down.
When i try to run the tool in compatible mode and as administrator, but then it wont let me drag the files onto the tool.
I have reinstalled the game 3 times and downloaded the tool from various websites but with no luck.

I hope you guys know what i can do to enjoy this fantastic game without having to replace every vehicle i have every 8 years :D
PS. i have the Steam version of the game running on Windows 10
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Wrapper for Locotool

Post by Zakos »

In order for the changes to take effect, you need to take the (albeit scarce) contents of the No Breakdowns folder and put them in the main Objdata folder. Locomotion only reads Objdata itself; it doesn't care about subfolders.

Those popups are to be expected; when you use the tool for something like No Breakdowns, every non-vehicle file will produce one of those windows. So even though they're all .dat files, the tool just uses that message to tell you that the file isn't compatible.

Though I've never seen this in particular before. Oddly enough, the wrapper appears to have worked on all of the game's default ships but nothing else.
Lintz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lintz »

Zakos wrote:In order for the changes to take effect, you need to take the (albeit scarce) contents of the No Breakdowns folder and put them in the main Objdata folder. Locomotion only reads Objdata itself; it doesn't care about subfolders.

Those popups are to be expected; when you use the tool for something like No Breakdowns, every non-vehicle file will produce one of those windows. So even though they're all .dat files, the tool just uses that message to tell you that the file isn't compatible.

Though I've never seen this in particular before. Oddly enough, the wrapper appears to have worked on all of the game's default ships but nothing else.

Yes ofcourse, i forgot to say that i also remembered to put the newly generated files into the objdata folder.
So if its only the game's ships that have been modified does that mean that all the other files aren't compatible somehow? Because when i try to modify the Pacific train (USPACIF). It tells me the exact same thing as the rest of the files.
USPACIF.png
(187.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I can't say for sure, but after searching around it seems that there might be a problem using the wrapper on downloaded versions of the game, e.g. a Steam purchase (as shown in your screenshots). Perhaps you could attach on of the files that didn't work so I could try it on my own wrapper.
Lintz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lintz »

Zakos wrote:I can't say for sure, but after searching around it seems that there might be a problem using the wrapper on downloaded versions of the game, e.g. a Steam purchase (as shown in your screenshots). Perhaps you could attach on of the files that didn't work so I could try it on my own wrapper.
I can send you the Pacific, as its the only one I know the name of. :oops:
USPACIF.DAT
(565.3 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I can't even decompile the file with Locotool itself. Unfortunately it looks like your files, for whatever reason, are not compatible with the wrapper. They seem to have either been unintentionally tampered with by the online retailer, or they have been deliberately encrypted like a few of Plastikman's mods.
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Here you can find all files with all original vehicles without breakdowns. I guess that's what you want.
Simply all.dat files put into the ObjData folder and choose to overwrite. But make a backup before.

http://www.wisim-welt.de/filebase/index ... reakdowns/
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Lintz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lintz »

Walter1940 wrote:Here you can find all files with all original vehicles without breakdowns. I guess that's what you want.
Simply all.dat files put into the ObjData folder and choose to overwrite. But make a backup before.

That seems to have done the trick. The trains reliability is at 0% and they haven't broken down.
Thank you for your time both of you :)
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Happy to help. If you decide to apply the wrapper to any mods you may download, you shouldn't have a problem.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

Walter1940 wrote:Here you can find all files with all original vehicles without breakdowns. I guess that's what you want.

Thanks Wally, I've been away from Locomotion a while, and I just bought it on Steam. This is a big help, thanks.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”