Tools

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

jimbobuk
Engineer
Engineer

Tools

Post by jimbobuk »

Hi guys,

Its been a while since ive been on here or played loco to be honest, but I wanted to know if there are any newer tools for adding bits without having to manually alter the trackst.dat etc.

I've forgotten how to do it & want to start playing again, but I've got a lot of stuff id like working but isnt & stuff thats in that don't work/don't want but not a tick box in scenario editor to deselect.

Any help would be fab!
TJ-99
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Tools

Post by TJ-99 »

Easiest thing to do might be to make a backup of all the objdata files, then uninstall the game, and then re-install it. That would give you a clean copy of the game to play.

Later, when you get more comfortable, you can put some of the mod files back in the game.

As for editing the data files, such as trackst.dat, locotool.exe is the only tool I know of. It really isn't that hard. I just started playing Locomotion a month or two ago, and have gotten pretty comfortable editing the files.
jimbobuk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbobuk »

Thanks for the answer, I have multiple instances of the game (renamed folders, then swap names for different one to be primary).

The thing is I have a version with the serpent & its actually faultless! A rare feat I know!
Problem is, I want to change platform edges, & industries to more modern versions & don't want to kill it.
I especially would like to get the platform bridge from bauplatz working but I cant seem to get it & also to be able to use the dwarf signals & freight buildings from the dutch station pack.

I have used locotool in the past, but never to much success, been playing loco since it was released, so you've done better than me to get to grips with it so fast! lol.

Thanks
Jamie
Harbon 1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Harbon 1 »

Have a read through these tutorials, took me a few goes at getting it right but it comes quite easily after a while :)
jimbobuk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbobuk »

Yeah I've done that, got most of the stuff sorted out...but some bits still I cannot get working like the crane from the dutch set, but I guess I'll just have to live with it!

Thanks for the links though! :D
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Unfortunately you can't have all the packs you want working at once, but you seem to know what you're doing. Happy locomoting!

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”