[W.I.P.] The Valuables Mod Final Version

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [RELEASE] New Valuables Mod V3.0 (Update released)

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello again,

I'm going to put a small update (or better, say a downdate :lol: ) on the valuables mod. So this will be V3.1...I will try to make it work together with the Food Mod and therefore some things must be changed. People who now have the V3.0 can keep on playing the old version, but it doesn't work with V3.1.

It doesn't change the entire mod (the basic things remain the same) but it saves some industry slots, cargo's and easy/difficult version:

1. I decided to remove both the OLDMONEY.DAT and the GASOLINE.DAT go, so these cargo's won't be in the new version because I wanted to cut some cargo's because of the games limit of 32 cargo's. With these two dats removed, the three mines that needed the Gasoline are removed as well (the city-versions of the mines stay in the mod, but they won't accept gasoline anymore, instead they now accept lumber for the tunnels in the mines and food for the cantina's) So the easy version and difficult version regions go out as well. Instead there will be one region for the valuables mod with everything pre-selected.

2. The Gold-Mill and Silver-Mill are removed as well. Only one mill will stay in the mod, that's the one which will accept both raw-gold, raw-silver (and new to this one...chemicals).

3. One of the Jewel-factories is removed as well. So it's going to be much easyer to play this mod.

4. You can now use the Cotton-Plantation from the Food-Mod in this mod as well. The cotton can be delivered to the federal bank instead of old money because money is mostly printed out of special paper.

5. The papermill from the food mod can also be used in this version of the valuables mod and cotton or lumber must be delivered there to produce paper.

6. The Chemical-Works from the food mod can also be used in this version of the valuables mod. You will need the fertilizer for the cotton-plantation and the chemicals for the gold and silver mill.

7. 2 Scenarios will be released along with this mod...A scenario with the valuables mod only, and a scenario with both mods in it. The scenario with both mods will be released on the topic for the food mod as well...

The new version will be released when the Food-Mod is ready as well, so both mods will be released at the same time. Also all of the downloads that can be found on this topic will be removed, and only one single file will be posted in the first post.

So far this update...

Regards,

Erik
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [WIP] New Valuables Mod V3.1

Post by Greyfox »

Hi EDS, Would you like me to test this for you, or has that already been accounted for.??

Greyfox.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello Greyfox,

Yeah sure, you may test this as you became my regular test-player for all of my mods :mrgreen: ...

I'll send it to your e-mail when it's ready.

Regards,

Erik
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello everyone,

I have permission from Digidampfman to include his city coal and iron ore-mines in this mod. That's a lot easyer then download them on another website...
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Hello Digidampfman,

I would like to ask permission if I can include your city iron ore and coal mines in my mod.
digidampfman wrote:Hi EDS,

no problem. Do it and let's keep the game alive.
digidampfman
The only thing I will try to do is to make the coalmines into animated buildings (like their big brother industry counterparts), the shaft that is. When they are done, or if I fail to do so the new version of the valuables mod is released, and then I'll concentrate on making a scenario with both the new food-mod and the new valuables mod.

So far,

Regards,

Erik
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

So you're still making headway?
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Headway American slang for progress
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Oooow yeah, I'm still making progress. It's coming...At the moment I play the last test of the food-mod and Greyfox is playing the lastest version of the valuables mod. So when these tests are over all of it is going to be released. Apart from that I'm trying to make the city coalmines from Digidampfman animated just as I did with the oilwells.

A little more patience and it's done...And when I'm not playing or edit the files I'm also busy with watching Lost for the third time...A man needs some relaxation once in a while :mrgreen:

That's together with Heroes and Prison Break my most favorite series...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Valuables Mod V4.0

Tonight I'm going to make two new scenario's wich will be included in the new version of this mod. One will have the new version of the mod included, the other one will have both the Valuables Mod and the Food Mod included. After testing it will be released. Is there some one who is willing to test this next to Greyfox who already signed in to test...

Please send me a PM if you would like to test, and then I will send Valuables Mod V4.0 over. The food mod can be downloaded in the Food-Mod topic, please let me know what you would like to test. Both mods in one scenario or V4.0 only...

Regards,

Erik
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well...the testplayers have the needed files. After testing is done and the testplayers have givin their review about it, the new version of the valuables mod is released. The new scenario holds both the food-mod and the new valuables-mod. It has 16 industries, 32 types of cargo and all of the needed vehicles...also a lot of work has to be done in the scenario wich is the Peninsular-Scenario by Zimmlock. The goal is to deliver 250.000 tons of food within a time-limit of 50 years...That must be possible, but if testing proves that it isn't possible I change the goal. The key of making some money lies in Lumber, but you'll need Oil (for producing Fertilizer) to start the production for the farms and plantations...But of course you can also make some money with the gold, silver, diamond, iron ore and coalmines !

Testplayers are Greyfox, lsbc and me... :lol:

I keep you people posted !

Regards,

Erik
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lsbc »

Testing my be is done.

I recommend that when released the players haul timber 1st then the waste from paper mill and then the paper. AThis will give them a good base income to go get the oil to the fertilizer plant. They can than haul fertilizer to coconut plantation or grain/grape industry. Haul that product to the food processing plant and then the food hauling will go slow until all oil wells are being accessed. While I didn't haul any cargo other than those needed to complete quest. I got the above base running and let the game play without any interaction. 250,000 can be done without much trouble if done following above steps. I did not test with the Long Station mod but did add some of my custom vehicles.

I recommend the use of Long Station mod even tho I didn't use it. it will make things much easier.

The graphics for industries could be different the the default graphics for ease of identification. I have a few in mind that might work well and will work some up and see how they look and work.

Great job EDS
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thnxsss Greyfox and lsbc for testing the new scenario !

For me only one thing remains...Releasing it. I made it to the goal as well, but just barely.

I make things a little more easy by decreasing the goal from 250.000 tons of food in 50 years to 200.000 tons of food in 50 years.

Of course this is the Valuables-Mod topic so the goal will be somewhat different. When you download the scenario from this topic it is called: "The World needs Money and Food". The cargo's from the Valuables-Mod are to be focused on and with a goal of delivering 200.000 bags of money in 50 years there's plenty of work.

The scenario will be released today in the first post :wink:
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 08 Jun 2014 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hello everybody.

I have tested yet another Mod from Emperor Darth Sidious.(EDS). This time it is the Valuables/Food Mod. My report is as follows:

Firstly, I must point out that I tested this Mod with everything "as is", Only using the vehicles that were supplied. This is the only fair way to test a Mod because that is the way the creator
intended it to be played. I added nothing to the Mod at all. However, as with all of my games I use the "no obsolete/no breakdowns" option, as this provides smoother gameplay. I also implement

the "Long Station Patch", (LSP), which I believe is a necessity in a scenario such as this.

As usual, I had a look around the map to consider the best options to create some money to start, and to observe what industries required which resources to supply other industries. Those of you that are familiar with this map should soon find a suitable industry to start you off. I will not give to much away as this would spoil some of the fun in playing the map.

During testing I didn't worry to much about the Valuables side of things, just concentrating on the Food part. Also looking at the viability, performance, and enjoyment of the scenario. I was not disappointed. Although I didn't achieve the goal as set down, I believe it is achieveable, although quite difficult. of course, it would be easier to include vehicles of your choice, but that would signifiently defeat the intended difficulty of this fine scenario. It is a pity that "dual" goals cannot be set in this scenario to make it more interesting. (in this case say a certain amount of food, together with a certain amount of a valuable, to be delivered by a certain time). I don't think this is possible, not as far as I know. Of course, the player can set their own goals on a personal basis.

In summing up, I consider this to be one of the best scenarios that EDS has ever produced. I would recommend giving this a go, but expect a nice long game, that gives an opportunity to create a good looking transport network that can be profitable and a pleasure to play.

My Rating: 9/10.

Well done EDS !!

Happy shunting,

Greyfox.
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Engineer

Re: [RELEASED] Valuables Mod V4.0

Post by 20thx1984 »

Hello EDS,
I downloaded the Valuables Mod to my Locomotion and for some reason I can't select the Federal Bank and Jewelry Factory. It will always come up as an error. Can you please help me?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello 20th,

That's strange, because you are the first one to mention a problem like this...Not much I can do with information given at the moment. Did you downloaded the latets version of the mod ? Do you use the long station patch ? When do you get the error ?

Is in the editor when you select either one of these industries ?

Does it happen when you select this region,

or when you select them separate ?

Or perhaps does it happen when you build them in the editor ?

Anyway, please give me some more detailed information please. To make sure, please try these files that I include with this post. They are from my own ObjData Folder wich I have always used. If this doesn't work I suggest that you re-install the game and then install the mod on a clean install to see if you get the same error. If it does, please let me know about it. If it doesn't the error must be caused by some other files in your ObjData Folder...
JEWELFAC.dat
(217.6 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
FEDBANK.dat
(257.64 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
I'm off to watch Netherlands - Argentina now...

Good luck !

Regards,

Erik
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Did you install the mod with a "clean install" of Lomo. Make sure that the ObjData folder is the default. then include what you want in Scenario Editor.

Hope this helps.
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Hi, I am having trouble with a file called WASTE.dat.

@Greyfox you can go to AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Atari/Locomotion/Objdata for testing mods.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

tycoonkid9 wrote:Hi, I am having trouble with a file called WASTE.dat.
I don't know what you mean with the message for Greyfox, but what seems to be the problem with the WASTE.DAT ? Maybe you can be more specific about what your problem is ??
k0nn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by k0nn »

Any idea why i am getting this type of error?
Attachments
Screenshot1.jpg
(168.82 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”