[W.I.P.] The Valuables Mod Final Version

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [RELEASE] New Valuables Mod V3.0

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello Conrail,

I have looked at it with Locossa as well and you where right. Like Greyfox said, these cargo's are indeed from my new Food Mod, but I don't know how they got in the scenario.

Any way here's the re-done easy version of the scenario without those needed files...Thanks for letting me now this and I'll change it in the released version.
A Valuable Mission (VM Easy Version).SC5
(961.1 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Regards,

Erik
Loconoob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loconoob »

I cant wait to be able to play Lomo again! ( I'm on my summer break vacation ) I can't put into words how good that new Federal Bank looks. All the buildings seem to fit together nicely, and it actually looks like a fancy bank, or an old military base barracks or something :D
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks Loconoob !

The Federal bank is actually build from three ingame buildings. The Bank building itself is a Concerthall with the roof removed, the park is a city-building and the other building is from the PRINTWORK.DAT

I figured that if it's a federal bank wich revieves gold/silver bars and paper it will need an extra building where the money gets printed. So I hope you can find the time and maybe you can post a few nice screenshots when you started playing around with it.

Have fun and enjoy your vacation :wink:
Greyfox wrote:If I remember correctly, the original Peninsular Scenario came with Boundry Markers. This one doesn't, so it might encourage some of you to cross the water. Try not to,as, once again, it decreases the difficulty. So, if you are up for a challenge, leave everything "as is".
The original Peninsular was already clear from Boundry markers, as this scenario made by Zimmlock was a pre-scenario for the Serpent. The Serpent however did have those Boundry Markers.

Thanks for an excellent review of my mod mate :wink: !
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Hello EDS,

Thanks for the complement. The scenario was enjoyable, but very difficult, at least with the vehicles supplied. But that's part of the difficulty. As for the Peninsular scenario, I'm still sure that it had Boundary Markers. Anyway, not to worry, no point in me arguing about it. Keep up the good work. :]

Regards,

Greyfox.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [RELEASE] New Valuables Mod V3.0 (Update released)

Post by ConrailHeritage »

Just wondering, where do you take jewelry? I already am at 74% after only 3 yrs. ( :shock: ) But i dont know where to take jewlery!
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jewelry is delivered at the jeweller-stores in town. The buildings that accept jewelry are these. Left ones are jeweller-stores, the right ones are savings and loan-shops:
Jewellers.PNG
Jewellers.PNG (16.9 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
But if you are already at 74% after three years, then I suggest that you play the easy version of the scenario. If you play the difficult version then it will take slightly longer :wink:

Nice to see that you're enjoying the mod :mrgreen: !

When one person enjoys it, then the modder knows his work wasn't for nothing hahahaha :lol:
Loconoob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loconoob »

Gladly :D Perhaps I could use this mod, with your permission of course, to enhance the release of my next map I'm making--I would give you credit :wink:
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well Loconoob,

Always nice that people create new maps and make use of my mods, but when you release the map the only thing that you must mention then is that it needs this mod and where people can download it. I will not give permission to include the entire mod with your map.

So people can download the map from your topic (or you can release the map in this topic), but the valuables mod itself must be downloaded from this topic mate...

I'm curious of what your map will be like...This game needs a few new and good maps :mrgreen: !
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Valuables Mod V3.0

Walter1940 wrote:As I see it, you can use almost any other industries more if you used your modification.
You have 10 Industries by 16 slots. Is this intentional?

I mean, I make games fun where I can use as many different industries. But with the mod you need obviously still a lot of industries. That takes away places.
It's been a while since Walter1940 has wrote this. But I'm the type of guy who wants to please all of the people who use my mods. So a few days after the release of the completed mod I had an idea. I made mines in to city-buildings. I know that the idea is not new, but via this way people like Walter1940 and other people as well are able to use the mine-buildings from the Valuables mod (and to produce the raw materials) without using the needed industry slots.

I can't take away the cargo-limit of 32, but via this way you will still be able to use 16 other industry buildings (of course when you play the valuables mod in total you will still need the Jewelry-Factory, the Federal Bank, the Mill, the Forest and the Oilwells (which can be made in to a city building as well :mrgreen: but I'm not going to do that...)

Here are a few screens, since a mine (when build) never looks the same twice I'll ask you: Can you see the difference ? Always one of the industries on the pictures below is a real industry, the other one being a city building-industry:

Take a look:

here's an overview of the industry-versions and city-building-versions

Here's a view of the Diamondmine. One's made out of city-buildings, the other one is the real industry-building...

Here's a view of the Goldmine. One's made out of city-buildings, the other one is the real industry-building...

Here's a view of the Silvermine. One's made out of city-buildings, the other one is the real industry-building...

As you can see all the mines look the same. The only difference with the real mines (with the silver and diamond-mines) are that the city-buildings are not animated. I don't know what kind of amount the city-buildings produce (I entered the max number of 255 in the XML.file) but if you make enough buildings they can match their real industry counterparts easy. These city-buildings produce the materials just like the industry-buildings and all accept gasoline. So in this case you don't need two different industries of the same type.

It takes away something of the challenge and therefore I will not include them in any of the included scenario's and they will come as a separate download in the first post. I need to test them for a few days as I'm not sure yet if the game may chrash if I use them in a scenario. At the moment I only know that some of the higher buildings are clipping a little bit, but hey...I can live with that. A perfect world doesn't excist :mrgreen:

So far this small update, I will release those in a couple of days...

Regards,

Erik
Loconoob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loconoob »

Haha yes of course, that's what I had in mind anyway :wink: The map is going to be a detailed rendition of the Portland/ Vancouver area. This is a wet, green, and full of trees map, however, looking at satellite, I'll try to copy the coloring and tree placement of the landscape. As for towns and industries, Portland, Vancouver, and all subsidiary suburbs and sections are going to be small and simple for a sort of uncrowded beginning--plus it would take decades to map the city and highways by hand :shock: The industries will be mostly coal, iron, and steel, and lumber, which is most of the major ones here. I suppose chemicals to. I don't quite understand if you want me to place some of the food and valuable mod industries in game then refer them to you, or just tell them to do it on their own...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Loconoob wrote:I don't quite understand if you want me to place some of the food and valuable mod industries in game then refer them to you, or just tell them to do it on their own...
Hahahaha, If you downloaded the valuables mod, I mean you can create a map with the new mod in it of course, but I mean when you create a readme for it and a new topic to release the map to the public that you point people to where they can find the needed mod to play your map... :wink:

I think we misunderstand each other hehehehe... :lol: that doesn't matter, as it keeps the discussion going on the forums hahahaha !

Good night for now everyone ! It was a busy day, even for a sunday, I'm off to bed as I'm very :O
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I tried it, and I wouldn't mind some more wagons in the mod :)

Also, just so this one doesn't go down the tubes too, are you allowed to use objects as long as they are Chris Sawyer's original files?
Loconoob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loconoob »

Cool, that won't be a problem at all, my maps would love to accommodate your mod(s) :o
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

LocoRoller wrote:I tried it, and I wouldn't mind some more wagons in the mod :)

Also, just so this one doesn't go down the tubes too, are you allowed to use objects as long as they are Chris Sawyer's original files?
As far as I'm concered this one won't go down the tube as you say it so nicely :mrgreen:. Like I said in the first post, should there be anybody who sees some of their work where I have no permission for than PM me and I will get to work...and as far as I know the entire forum is using mods that where created out of Chris his mind. If you make a new Locomotive for the game you will need the game to play around with that locomotive...So everything is created (in a way) via Chris Sawyer.

Most mods on the forums are also altered work from Chris so yeah I guess if they are Chris Sawyer's original files they can be used to be modded. I didn't see Chris around yet to complain about someone's using his stuff and doesn't have his permission to release it on the forums. If that ever happens, the forums could be closed :wink:

About the vehicles...What vehicles do you mean ? The mod already has a lot of new vehicles rail and road alike...So what more should be in it ?

@Loconoob :mrgreen: Most of my mods do, the ones from the past alike...
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I was referring to the hopper wagons, but then I remembered that you altered the original hoppers too.

Also, it looks like one of the pieces of the diamond mine was created by Zimmlock. I have it in use as the new Coalmine.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

The original hoppers where done by Zimmlock. I don't use them A LOT since I'm not realy hot on standard vehicles, they where made as some sort of a request for people who like to play with standard vehicles, but they look nice indeed.

As for the Diamondmine, it is the one from Zimmlock as well...(which I also use partially as a coalmine). I have made my own coalmine out of the two mines, but that's for me personally. I have his permission to release that mine with the mod. The Silvermine comes from the original game to keep some (visual) changes between the two mines...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well I'll release those citymines. I have tested them A LOT these days and there fine.

A few days ago I had the problem that they were clipping heavily, but that problem is now solved. So here are the Diamond, Gold and Silver Mines as city buildings. These are not included in any scenario yet and not included in the Valuables Mod Regional File (so you must select them yourself) but they do save you at least three industry-slots. It's all up to you wich ones you prefer...

Their not that hard to find anyway, you'll find them in the list of other valuables mod city-buildings...

B.t.w. they all produce the raw materials and are edited to the max, the all accept gasoline, passengers and mail.
Valuables Mod City-Mine Buildings.rar
(341.46 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Have fun with them :mrgreen: !
Predador
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Predador »

Emperor Darth Sidious, I really liked your mod. I made all the connections to get the money(Gold Bars, Paper & Silver Bars) and is only possible to transport it with the safe truck?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks Predador :lol:

It's of course also possible to transport all the valuables with the included trains, but as for trucks you can only use the armored trucks, the converted standard trucks and the hopper trucks for the raw materials...

If you would like to use other road-vehicles to transport these valuables, then you must edit them yourself.

If you don't know how to do that, please let me know and then I help you with that. But it can also be found on the forums how to change the load of a vehicle...

Good luck on that !

Regards,

Erik
Predador
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Predador »

Yes i want to change the load of some vehicles :). If you the IDs loads send it to me please. Thanks

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”