After more then a year has been past by, I'm back on the forums. A lot has happened in the past time. I did become a father of two beautifull daughters. Didn't have a lot time to play Locomotion anymore so there's (again) much to learn
A lot has happened since the last time I got the idea for a valuables-mod. Tattoo has helped me A LOT in the past with this idea and all of the previous released versions contains part of his work as well. So here's 4th released version of the valuables-mod.
What's the Valuables Mod ?
The valuables mod is a mod that brings all types of valuables to your Locomotion game. It has gold, silver, diamonds, jewelry and money in it. It also comes with new vehicles, new city-buildings, new industries and new stations. It also brings a new transportline to the game with new industries and citybuildings. The Gold, Silver and Diamond-mines all produce raw stuff (raw gold, raw silver and raw diamonds). The raw gold and raw silver goes to a mill where gold and silver bars will be produced out of it. Then the gold and silver bars (and the raw diamonds) will be transported to a Jewelry-Factory where Jewelry gets produced out of it.
The goldbars, silverbars and jewelry can be delivered in the city by banks and jewelry-shops. The mod also brings money to the game and a saving and loans shop. The Bank, jewelry-shops and saving and loans all accept money and this can be transported between the buildings intown and to other towns with armored trains and trucks.
Here are the new mines and the mill, these still are the old pictures and nothing from those industries has reworked as of yet only the Jewelry-Factory which is not shown on this picture.
Here's an overview of some of the stations and vehicles that are included with the mod.
CHANGES FROM V3.0:
1. OLDMONEY.DAT and GASOLINE.DAT removed
2. Goldmill and Silvermill removed. Instead only one remains wich accepts Raw Gold, Raw Silver and Chemicals, it needs all three to produce.
3. One Jewel-Factory remains instead of two. It accepts Goldbares, Silverbars and Raw Diamonds but doesn't need all at the same time to produce.
4. The Federal Bank remains in the mod wich accepts Goldbars, Silverbars and Paper, it needs all three to produce Money and Waste.
5. Three of the six mines are removed. The ones that need gasoline to produce the raw materials. Instead they can now accept lumber and food, but those cargo's are not needed for the production. The city-versions of these mines remain in the mod, they accept and produce the same cargo's as the Industrial versions.
6. The Cotton-Farm from the Food-Mod is added, it needs Fertilizer to produce Cotton and Waste.
7. The Papermill from the Food-Mod is added, it needs Cotton and/or Lumber to produce Paper and Waste.
8. The Oil-Refinery is removed from the mod, because Gasoline is no longer needed. Instead the Chemical-Works from the Food-Mod comes in to produce the chemicals and fertilizer needed for the mill and the Cotton-Farm.
9. The two regions with an easy and hard version are removed. The Valuables Mod V4.0 region replaces these two.
10. The city-version of the Oilwell comes with this mod as well (the two gas-stations are removed), via this way another industry-spot is now open for other industries.
11. I removed the Waste-Facility and replaced it with a Steel and Waste Facility. The Waste-Facility now accepts Coal, Iron Ore and Waste. It needs all cargo's to produce Steel and Goods. The steel inside the waste is melted to create new recycled steel, and out of the coal, iron ore, waste and recycled steel new goods are made.
It will also have city-industry counterparts from the Oilwells (made by me) and the Coal and Iron Ore Mines (made by Digidampfman and used with his permission). I strongly suggest that you will not download or use other (older) links in this topic, as they will not work anymore with V4.0
Have fun with it !
The Mod: The Scenario: The Food-Mod can be found here.
Test-Review by Greyfox:
Greyfox wrote:Hello everybody,
Once again, I have been asked by Emporer Darth Sidious (EDS) to test one of his mods. This time it is the Valuables Mod V4.0.
Here is my report on the Valuables Mod V4.0:
I opened the game using the scenario supplied, (The Peninsular Scenario), and I used the vehicles supplied, no additional mods of any kind. Everything was "as is". I thought that this was the best & fairest way to test this mod.
I realised that long train lines had to be built to deliver what was necessary to produce Raw Diamonds, Raw Gold and Silver, and of course Jewelry, not forgetting gold & silver bars. I recommend planning your track layout before you do anything.
We also see the introduction of steam trams, which I found to be a bit of a novelty, but effective. It made the mod a little more interesting, including all of the other resources. I also implement the "Long Station Patch", (LSP), which I believe is a necessity in a scenario such as this.
As usual, I had a look around the map to consider the best options to create some money to start, and to observe what industries required which resources to supply other industries. Those of you that are familiar with this map should soon find a suitable industry to start you off. I will not give to much away as this would spoil some of the fun in playing the map.
Well.....EDS has done it again. I can only reiterate what I said about the Food Mod. The Valuables Mod V4.0 is an excellent mod, quite brilliant, well worth a look and a download. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I imagine you will spend a lot of hours playing it. I hope so, because EDS has put a lot of time & effort into this, and it wasn't all "plain sailing", but it is a brilliant mod. Good luck to all who play it. As for the scenario in summing up, I consider this to be one of the best scenarios that EDS has ever produced. I would recommend giving this a go, but expect a nice long game, that gives an opportunity to create a good looking transport network that can be profitable and a pleasure to play.
My Rating: 9/10.
Test-Review by lsbc:
lsbc wrote:Testing my be is done.
I recommend that when released the players haul timber 1st then the waste from paper mill and then the paper. AThis will give them a good base income to go get the oil to the fertilizer plant. They can than haul fertilizer to coconut plantation or grain/grape industry. Haul that product to the food processing plant and then the food hauling will go slow until all oil wells are being accessed. While I didn't haul any cargo other than those needed to complete quest. I got the above base running and let the game play without any interaction. 250,000 can be done without much trouble if done following above steps. I did not test with the Long Station mod but did add some of my custom vehicles.
I recommend the use of Long Station mod even tho I didn't use it. it will make things much easier.
The graphics for industries could be different the the default graphics for ease of identification. I have a few in mind that might work well and will work some up and see how they look and work.
Great job EDS
(On request a message to warn people about the original tracks and roads being overwritten, because of this it might give some trouble with the original scenarios in the game, but that's also mentioned in the included Readme File as well !!! As some people forget to read the file sometimes !)