Window Mode?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ikuto
Engineer
Engineer

Window Mode?

Post by ikuto »

is there any tools or some change setting to make this game run in window mode?

regards
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Window Mode?

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Nope
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Right click on desktop icon --> Properties --> Run in windowed mode.

Don't listen to IA.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

47407 wrote:Don't listen to IA.
A friendly hi to you too. (Still; nope)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
whrm3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by whrm3 »

ikuto wrote:is there any tools or some change setting to make this game run in window mode?

regards
I did find a hack that allows you to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 in windowed mode and since RCT2 & Locomotion share the same game engine it also works for Locomotion! :D Linky!
Startrekkevster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Startrekkevster »

Thanks a million!!!!! For so long me & my friend have been looking for something like this for ages as we go on locomotion multiplayer regular. Works a real treat now. Its even playing while im typing this message! :wink:
whrm3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by whrm3 »

Startrekkevster wrote:Thanks a million!!!!! For so long me & my friend have been looking for something like this for ages as we go on locomotion multiplayer regular. Works a real treat now. Its even playing while im typing this message! :wink:
Yeah, I recently bought RCT2 and I found that hack on the internet. While browsing my HD I saw the LOCO logo and I got the idea; since RTC2 & LOCO have the same engine maybe the hack would work with it. It did! I was so excited.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Oh boy, I really really hate to dig up 7.5-year-old topics, but I messed around with this and have something to add.

The mod only seems to work if you have your resolution set to 800x600 or 640x480 before transferring the files, a caveat which isn't listed on any related links or files. The same goes for anyone trying to use it for RCT2. It could probably be updated to run on higher resolutions (at least those available in the game itself), but I haven't a clue how to do it. Also notable is that in both games, right-click scrolling seems broken in windowed mode.

TL;DR change resolution to 800x600 or 640x480 on a clean install, then open the .zip and use it like normal.
FenderBender
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FenderBender »

Zakos wrote: 28 Feb 2020 08:46 Oh boy, I really really hate to dig up 7.5-year-old topics...
Me too, but I felt compelled after I discovered a trick to give me windowed mode with a reasonable resolution. I have used two tools in combination for this. I hope this hasn't been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything with Google.
  1. Download Locomotion Resolution Changer from here.
  2. Download rct2-ddhack.zip from here.
  3. Install both utilities to your Locomotion home directory (where loco.exe is found).
  4. Use the resolution changer to set your desired resolution (beware, quite a lot of 'standard' resolutions do not work. I found the largest one that worked for me is 1600x1200).
  5. Run Locomotion, and your game will appear in a window sized as you require.
I hope this helps someone else. I can't remember how many years I've been looking for this. I found each in isolation but they never quite worked how I wanted individually. I also tried dxwnd but that made the game run too slowly.

Be aware that I cannot change the resolution in game without ddhack becoming uncooperative.

If you have any success as I did, please post the resolutions you have got it to work with. Any resolution I tried bigger than 1600 horizontally or 1200 vertically failed for me. Thanks. :)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”