Solution to the infamous passengers-from-nowhere bug

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Solution to the infamous passengers-from-nowhere bug

Post by Plastikman »

nicholas51 wrote:I have the money bug in all scenarios mainly in aircraft unbelievably even in Boulder Breakers bugs stations are large and have a more awkward for the list put a station on the side of oremine and had no load on the station does not pick up the load at all station was on the side of mine:: :evil:
the aircraft bug is part of the game engine. it has done that since day one.
there is also the helicopter bug where it cant land properly due to a bad path.

because of both of those. i try to never use anything that flies..
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Zainy521
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Zainy521 »

I've determined that the glitch that causes the game to crach when playing with LSP only occures when passengers(could be any cargo, bit I only tested it around towns) start to appear in the station.
Jerrythabest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jerrythabest »

That is correct. Loco Station Fixer v1.1 actually reverted one of the LSP's patches. v1.2 should have addressed this issue.
Plastikman wrote:the aircraft bug is part of the game engine. it has done that since day one.
there is also the helicopter bug where it cant land properly due to a bad path.
I hardly ever use aircrafts, so I wonder what this aircraft bug is? If you could give some steps to reproduce I'll look into it.
Lochris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lochris »

As far as I know, there is a bug with the biggest Airport: If a helicopter stands on the Helipad, it blocks the plane, which has landed, from driving to the terminal. This plane then blocks the plane which wants to drive on the runway to start. And this plane finally blocks the helicopter. So they are all stuck and you can't stop or delete one of them.
ImageImage

English is not my mother tongue, so feel free to correct me!
Zainy521
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Zainy521 »

Lochris wrote:As far as I know, there is a bug with the biggest Airport: If a helicopter stands on the Helipad, it blocks the plane, which has landed, from driving to the terminal. This plane then blocks the plane which wants to drive on the runway to start. And this plane finally blocks the helicopter. So they are all stuck and you can't stop or delete one of them.
That can be avoided by using the international airport in the enhanced airport pack. You can get it on AMI.
Jerrythabest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jerrythabest »

Lochris wrote:As far as I know, there is a bug with the biggest Airport: If a helicopter stands on the Helipad, it blocks the plane, which has landed, from driving to the terminal. This plane then blocks the plane which wants to drive on the runway to start. And this plane finally blocks the helicopter. So they are all stuck and you can't stop or delete one of them.
I guess I can look into that and see whether it's possible to improve the game's handling of airports.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

The helicopter bug can also happen with just the helipad. It ends up stuck in a pathing loop trying to land.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Jerrythabest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jerrythabest »

Does that happen with another helicopter standing on it, or even when it's empty?
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

have 5 helipads and 1 UFO (helicopter) in the 200+ years its flying around it never got stuck, so i guess this happens only with more then one flying object.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
jo3do88y
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by jo3do88y »

Is there such a mod about so that after a while the passengers don't disappear. It's really annoying if the train is delayed due to congestion and when it gets to the station there aren't any passengers waiting for it :(
Jerrythabest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jerrythabest »

Isn't it a major point of the game that you try to avoid that situation? :P

Anyway, I figure it would be easy to make a mod that prevents cargo from being removed when your performance is low.
I think I could do such a thing, but I wouldn't include it in Loco Station Fixer as it's a cheat rather than a bugfix.
Bit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bit »

No patch or cheat needed, try this...

Build an extra platform at the station, signalled off to stop it interfering with the rest of the trackwork. Now add a train with one coach and set at said platform with the following orders...

Stop at MyStation
Unload all Passengers
Stop at MyStation

The train will never leave but will repeatedly pick up and then drop off any passengers, keeping them at the station forever. Another train can come along at any time and pick up the passengers.

This works with any cargo, if the dummy train has the right wagons. I use a modified brake van as a loco for the dummy train, so that it looks like just a set of wagons at the station. Be careful with loads you can see though, such as coal, iron ore or wood as the wagons can be seen flipping between empty and full. To get around this I hide these wagons in a covered station tile, like a goods shed. However, you may also see loads on the platforms coming and going - a small drawback.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

There is a max that your dummy train can pick up and release. so will it still work if the max capacity of your dummy is reached?
for example , 1 wagon can carry 45 passengers and the station has 150 passengers. what happens with the other 105?
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
jo3do88y
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by jo3do88y »

surely they would stay waiting there as there is a service in opperation, Thanks for the tip by the way. Honestly you should see some of my rail networks then you'll understand why i asked :D
Bit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bit »

jo3do88y wrote:surely they would stay waiting there as there is a service in opperation, Thanks for the tip by the way. Honestly you should see some of my rail networks then you'll understand why i asked :D
This seems to be the case in my experiance. So just one coach/wagon required for the desired cargo type. A by-product is that it should make stations 'happy'!

P.S. Do let us know if you try it and it works for you, it's changed the way I play :wink:
jo3do88y
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by jo3do88y »

hhmmm i tried it but the coach doesn't deposit the passengers back at the station, they just dissapear :o
Jerrythabest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jerrythabest »

I wonder, if the station produces *and* accepts the same cargo type (as is often the case with passengers), would this still work? I think the reason for the passengers 'disappearing' is because they are accepted at the station, which pays you nothing because the distance is 0.
Bit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bit »

Jerrythabest wrote:I wonder, if the station produces *and* accepts the same cargo type (as is often the case with passengers), would this still work? I think the reason for the passengers 'disappearing' is because they are accepted at the station, which pays you nothing because the distance is 0.
Good point. As you may have guessed, I tend to do this with freight rather than passengers, and at 'rural' stations often by small villages which produce occasional passengers and even mail but probably don't generally accept passengers or mail. It's also worth noting that by delaying the pickup of cargos the payment rate for them wil be adversely affected (especially grapes and livestock!)

So, it may be of no use to you but if the station was further from the town/village and serviced by unloading buses it might work.

(I also use modified 'primary' industries that only kick out products after coal or passengers are delivered. I then truck the output to the local village station. All in an attempt to have a map covered with farms and forests, rather than plain green space with rural branch lines and small mixed goods trains servicing them. So I guess my scenarios are a bit 'off the wall'. I have vague ideas about releasing a "Rural Mod Pack" when I get the time to disentangle my mods from all the others I use, if anybody's interested.)

adh074
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adh074 »

Hi cant get loco station fixer v1.2 to work everytime i doulde click on it, a box flashes uo but nothing else, any ideas??
Jerrythabest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jerrythabest »

You mean that it opens a window that disappears right away? That's something it definitely shouldn't be doing.

Does this happen if you double-click the .jar file while the game is NOT running?

If so, let's see if we can get some output from Java.

Code: Select all

1. Start Notepad.
 2. Copy and paste the following 3 lines into the blank document:

@echo off
	start "LSF" "Locomotion Station Fixer.jar"
	pause

4. Choose 'File' -> 'Save As...'
 5. Set the 'File type' to 'All files (*.*)'.
 6. Browse to the same location as your Loco Station Fixer.jar file.
 7. In the 'File name' field, type in a shortcut name of your choice.
    IMPORTANT: end your name in '.bat' (excluding the quotes)!
 8. Save the file and run it.
 9. A command prompt window should pop up saying
    'Press any key to continue...' and it should launch Loco Station Fixer at the same time.
10. If the prompt says anything [i]other[/i] than that, please paste a screenshot here.
11. Press any key to close the prompt again.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”