Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Posts: 597
Location: Chicago
18 Wheel of Steel US semi trucks converted for Locomotion.

These 9 trucks are the first set of trucks for this pack. There are many many more to do. These were done with the truck and trailers together because they look better this way. I might do some separate at a later date. For now I'm working on combined tractor-trailers and will update this pack when more are done. I'm also working on some European trucks for this as well. Them will come next.

INFO:

Mack CH613 Day Cab 4x2 + 2 28' Dryvan Pups

Cargo - Goods
Amount - 10 crates per trailer

To install: Extract to objdata folder. There are 9 truck.dats and one sound.dat

Tractor-Trailers created by pete379jp
Wheels created by Ventures87
UPS truck skin by trikz
Trailer skins redone by Tattoo
Metal textures from CGTextures

Credit to Strongbow in helping me to make them look as good as they do.

Please let me know what ya think.

Tattoo


Attachments:
Mack_CH613.png
Mack_CH613.png [ 28.17 KiB | Viewed 5417 times ]
Semi_Trucks_Pack_001.rar [1.78 MiB]
Downloaded 1026 times

_________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Last edited by Tattoo on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:38 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 8:22 pm
Posts: 1092
Location: Landgraaf, the Netherlands
Woow ! As always they really look great mate ! Only one thing about them...why such a small amount of cargo ? Those trucks can carry much more then that...Keep up the good work for now, and I'll convert a few (for personal use) in my NAM-Games !

Regards,

Erik

_________________
Image

:: Emperor' Screenshots :: Problem with Bridges :: The Long Station Patch :: Help with Opie's Dutch Stations :: The Serpent "Mod-Free" :: The Empty Region :: The City Oilwell :: The City Flourmill :: The Food-Mod :: The Valuables-Mod V4.0 :: A "One-Sided Station" :: Standard vehicles for Plastikman's Automod :: Maximum production from industries :: Tutorial to change tracks for trams and trains :: My own vehicle creation thread ::


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 am
Posts: 673
O_O These are awesome! Definitely will be used in my games.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 am 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Posts: 597
Location: Chicago
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:
Those trucks can carry much more then that

Not really. The payload for these double trailers is 33,935 lbs and loaded weight is 65,100 lbs which is around 33 tons total. This info is from the "The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Comprehensive Truck Size and Weight Study".

Here's the link to it. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/reports/tswstud ... apter3.pdf

So the numbers are actually correct. I have them a little higher than what's in the report. I thought they'd haul more too but obviously not. And the companies of these trucks only carry light weight packages here in the US as from what info I found on them. I wanted to put them at 15 tons per trailer but the total weight would be too high then. There is an 80,000 lb limit here in the US so if it was 15 per trailer plus the curb weight which is 14 tons, that would be 44 tons which is overweight here in the US.

Thanks for the compliments on them. I hoped they'd go over well. I put a lot of work into them. But I forgot to include Strongbow in the credits above for his help in making them look good. I did put him in the readme.txt tho. I'll add it now. Thanks again Strongbow. You were a great help with these.

_________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:17 am 
Offline
Chairman
Chairman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm
Posts: 856
Location: Canada
These look fantastic! Incredible job mate!
*Runs off to find lomo CD*

_________________
Locomotion Related:
Northern Ontario & Quebec


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:19 am 
Offline
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 156
Location: New York
Great looking addition Tattoo. Will be using in my next game after a few personal modifications to suit my games :)

_________________
Image
My Locomotion Files: - Working Low Level Snow In Winter Climate


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 am 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm
Posts: 310
Location: NorCal
Tattoo wrote:
Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:
Those trucks can carry much more then that

Not really. The payload for these double trailers is 33,935 lbs and loaded weight is 65,100 lbs which is around 33 tons total. This info is from the "The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Comprehensive Truck Size and Weight Study".

Here's the link to it. http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/reports/tswstud ... apter3.pdf

So the numbers are actually correct. I have them a little higher than what's in the report. I thought they'd haul more too but obviously not. And the companies of these trucks only carry light weight packages here in the US as from what info I found on them. I wanted to put them at 15 tons per trailer but the total weight would be too high then. There is an 80,000 lb limit here in the US so if it was 15 per trailer plus the curb weight which is 14 tons, that would be 44 tons which is overweight here in the US.

Thanks for the compliments on them. I hoped they'd go over well. I put a lot of work into them. But I forgot to include Strongbow in the credits above for his help in making them look good. I did put him in the readme.txt tho. I'll add it now. Thanks again Strongbow. You were a great help with these.

Except one goods in Loco only weighs 1/2 ton, so you can have 20 goods and still be within weight restrictions. Also, shouldn't UPS and FedEx ship mail?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Posts: 597
Location: Chicago
Zainy521 wrote:
Except one goods in Loco only weighs 1/2 ton, so you can have 20 goods and still be within weight restrictions. Also, shouldn't UPS and FedEx ship mail?

No it doesn't. The default truck carries 15 tons of food or goods. When it's goods, it's only 15 crates. Look at the screen shot. So how do you figure it's only a 1/2 ton? It would be nice if that were true but unfortunately, it isn't.

Yes the FedEx and UPS trucks do carry mail but these trucks don't deliver it. They only move it from one city to another. To deliver mail, a different truck would be used, not these.


Attachments:
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png [ 67.46 KiB | Viewed 5243 times ]

_________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 am 
Offline
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 156
Location: New York
Hey Tattoo where did you get the Cola lorry from buddy?

_________________
Image
My Locomotion Files: - Working Low Level Snow In Winter Climate


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:59 am 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm
Posts: 310
Location: NorCal
Tattoo wrote:
Zainy521 wrote:
Except one goods in Loco only weighs 1/2 ton, so you can have 20 goods and still be within weight restrictions. Also, shouldn't UPS and FedEx ship mail?

No it doesn't. The default truck carries 15 tons of food or goods. When it's goods, it's only 15 crates. Look at the screen shot. So how do you figure it's only a 1/2 ton? It would be nice if that were true but unfortunately, it isn't.

Yes the FedEx and UPS trucks do carry mail but these trucks don't deliver it. They only move it from one city to another. To deliver mail, a different truck would be used, not these.

Because in the DAT, unit weight is listed as 126. One ton is 255.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:21 am 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Posts: 597
Location: Chicago
Drengin wrote:
Hey Tattoo where did you get the Cola lorry from buddy?

Hey Drengin. That's the very first truck I did but it's not done yet. I'm trying to get the correct info for it. It should be released soon.

@Zainy521, I sent you a pm to discuss this further because I don't know what you're talking about.

Has anyone else heard of this? Plastikman would know.

_________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:31 pm 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:46 am
Posts: 669
Location: detroit michigan, USA
These look awesome Tattoo! Thank you a lot for making these.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm 
Offline
Engineer
Engineer

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 30
Location: .be
the very first one in your 'build trucks' screenshot also looks great tattoo :D


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2018 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2018.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.