New City items [formaly known as Just a Hotel]

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

New City items [formaly known as Just a Hotel]

Post by Zimmlock »

Hi, i was so board of the BLDCTY16 that i decided to make it look a little better, but at the end i end up with a more and less new building so i didnt replace BLDCTY16 and gave it a new name BLDUSHT2, it is not a real new building i have done copy and past a lot from some US buildings and here is the result (3 days work).
Attachments
BLDCTY16.png
BLDCTY16.png (32.87 KiB) Viewed 5793 times
Astor Hotel.png
Astor Hotel.png (58.69 KiB) Viewed 5793 times
BLDUSHT2.dat
(139.09 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
Last edited by Zimmlock on 19 Aug 2011 09:48, edited 2 times in total.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: just a hotel

Post by Tattoo »

Sweet! It'd be nice if you could do something with that ugly a$$ white building that pops up everywhere. I'm tired of lookin at that thing. It's like it's the only damn building in the game. I could of sworn there was more of a variety of buildings then just that one ugly a$$ white one but I might be thinking of ttd and all the new graphics for it.

Thanks Zimmlock. Nice work. I hope you get bored more often. :)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

@ tatoo, i know that one, ill see if i can tweak it a little, ha the TTD buildings, well i have had a hand on them aswell, but i have enough of TTD Locomotion is more nice to look at regardless the limitations of the game.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Looks even better as the test-screens you have send me Zimm !

@Tattoo, if you don't like that ugly building, why do you select it in the editor then ?( :lol:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

So Zimm, you are going to do Locomotion graphics now?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:@Tattoo, if you don't like that ugly building, why do you select it in the editor then ?( :lol:
I didn't select it. It was in the senerio that I played, the Industry River. I just don't remember there being such an abundance of them in the game the last time I played. I thought there was more of a variety of buildings.
Zimmlock wrote:@ tatoo, i know that one, ill see if i can tweak it a little, ha the TTD buildings, well i have had a hand on them aswell, but i have enough of TTD Locomotion is more nice to look at regardless the limitations of the game.
No kiddin'? You were in on the new buildings, huh? I didn't know that. Good job. I agree with ya, Lomo is better looking. I like the curved tracks over the 45 degree angle curves of TTD. And everything is bigger. That's why I switched. But I bought Transportation Tycoon when it first came out and I think I still had a 386 computer back then. It was like 1994. And there was no internet back then. Only BBS's. Or the internet was just starting out. Something like that. I was playing Doom and Quake when the internet first came to my area.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Illegal_Alien wrote:So Zimm, you are going to do Locomotion graphics now?
I am here since i left TTD and as Sidious wrote i allready have done some drawing, like the new-automod, the new-coalmines, some locomotive sheds.
Its more complicated than TTD, i do not use a 3d program like Blender or 3dMax, still draw all 4 views by hand.

@Tatoo i drew TTRS, road and bridge sets, and some industrys like coalmines and powerplants, you can find then in a ECS from George, drew halve the japan set (buildings) and the redrew harbour set, there is allmost no TTD screenshot without something i made or had my hand on.

I started with a Sinclair computer, but this was replaced with a 286, i first played A-train, and bought Transport Tycoon as soon as it was released, and played it for 10 years.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Tattoo wrote:

Lomo is better looking. I like the curved tracks over the 45 degree angle curves of TTD. And everything is bigger. That's why I switched. But I bought Transportation Tycoon when it first came out.

I liked Transport Tycoon for the time being (played with it until Locomotion came out), but I always hated those strange curves and the fact that is was only had one viewpoint. But I have to admid that adding stations and vehicles is a lot more easy then it is in Locomotion...I always said that it would be nice if there would come a game wich has the best of both games. The graphics and tracks and trains from locomotion and the easy editing of (O)TT(D)...
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Yeah, I like the stations too. Especially the Coal stations. It'd be cool if we could make them in Locomotion like in OTTD. But I can live with the way they are because I think Locomotion is better. And with all the stuff Zimmlock is making and has made already it makes the game even better. Thanks again Zim. I only wish we can do something about the bridges. I don't like the way the curves are. I want to create some curves for my tube bridge but I can't. There's just no way to do it without having to use 2 or 3 bridges to do it. I did come up with a way to do it but it would need 3 bridges to use them so I never finished it.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I already use a lot of different bridge-types, but I can't use anymore because I use those two station-concourses as well. I can use al bridges for the roads as well, and I can use the Fly-Over bridge too...(not in the picture)

When I have to build curved-bridges I use that causeway-bridge. It's the one in the middle. Original it came with Zeak's freeway, but I have edited it so I could use it for railroads as well as I find that one better lookin then that fly-over. The steelgirder bridge came from the fanpage, and connot be build in curves but it has very nice supports. I still use the original names for all my bridges...

So I have a lot to choose :wink:
Bridges.JPG
Bridges.JPG (150.19 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 17 Aug 2011 09:26, edited 2 times in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Can i link to one of my old idea`s?: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... it=Station Offcourse with the talent of Zimm, it would be epic.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Tattoo wrote:Sweet! It'd be nice if you could do something with that ugly a$$ white building that pops up everywhere. I'm tired of lookin at that thing. It's like it's the only damn building in the game. I could of sworn there was more of a variety of buildings then just that one ugly a$$ white one
Tatoo its your lucky day :D
Here i have a replacement for that one ugly a$$ white building, infact it are 3 buildings to have some more variation, if you replace the original its like you dimm the light in town, lol.
Aha dont forget to backup you original BLDCTY14.dat.
have fun
Attachments
BLDCTY14 replacement.png
BLDCTY14 replacement.png (98.92 KiB) Viewed 5545 times
BLDCTY14 replacement01.png
BLDCTY14 replacement01.png (90.02 KiB) Viewed 5545 times
BLDCTY14.dat
(70.55 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Zimmlock wrote:Tatoo its your lucky day :D
Here i have a replacement for that one ugly a$$ white building, infact it are 3 buildings to have some more variation, if you replace the original its like you dimm the light in town, lol.
Aha dont forget to backup you original BLDCTY14.dat.
have fun
SWEET!! Thanks Zim. Now that's what I was talking about. Now that looks a LOT better then seeing that ugly a$$ white building all over the map. You da man Zimmlock. And as far a backup, I keep a fully installed copy of the game in a separate folder for backup. It's only 520meg. So when I change something, I just get it out of the backup folder.

I'll try this out right now. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah! That's way nicer. Now there's a little more variation instead of white everywhere. It looks a little more realistic now. Thank you very much Zimlock. You do a very good job on buildings. I be liking them. :)

EDIT2: Here's a screen shot in game of the 2 new buildings. I changed the images in BLDCTY16 to use the new graphics so I can see how it looks and opened up my saved game of The Industry river. I didn't think it was used in this game because I couldn't find it but there was one in Oldway. Only 1. Here's the shot...
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
(388.93 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New City items [formaly known as Just a Hotel]

Post by Zimmlock »

Zeak made once a "australien" road with sidewalks, for long time i didnt like that in towns each building is surrounded with a little strype of grass before the road begins, this doesnt look verry civillised, so i added a sidewalk to the US normal road, if you wonder why the large curve looks the way it does is because you can build 6 trees around it.
I kept the original name ROADUS2.dat, but if you dont want to overwrite your original you have to rename it.
Have fun.
Attachments
road with sidewalk.png
road with sidewalk.png (100.5 KiB) Viewed 5425 times
ROADUS2.dat
(62.09 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Blaxlandridge3
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: New City items [formaly known as Just a Hotel]

Post by Blaxlandridge3 »

Thank you for the link to this topic Zakos. I have been looking for a road with sidewalk for decades!
Mac OS sucks.

......If Locomotion can't work on it......

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87176 : Let's Play Together! US Midwest!

Subscribe to meh YouTube --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFaVMm ... JfXVMrYd2A?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”