[REL] Tube Bridge

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Tube Bridge

Post by Illegal_Alien »

How you gonna do the ramps? This is one level, if you got more levels, does it gonna look like the brick bridge? (Offcourse no bricks but you know what i mean.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Illegal_Alien wrote:How you gonna do the ramps? This is one level, if you got more levels, does it gonna look like the brick bridge? (Offcourse no bricks but you know what i mean.)
I'm not really sure yet. Haven't gotten that far. I spent all yesterday adjusting the diameter of it and more time gettings the colors right. I'll get something to look at in few hours. Altho I'm thinking the tube might be in the ground at the bottom of the ramp. Maybe not. We'll see in lil while. Thanks...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This bridge is very interesting. :D
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

more interesting was Burrowoozilla, err, I mean Vemon's rant.

and yes Tatoo, I've also withdrawn all my support of him.
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

I think admin should clean up this thread, getting rid of useless posts including burrowzilla's and mine :p. its good to see different people doing different things, spam and arguments ruins it for all.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

bluebeetle wrote:I think admin should clean up this thread, getting rid of useless posts including burrowzilla's and mine :p. its good to see different people doing different things, spam and arguments ruins it for all.
I agree that this ownership of an idea and or concept just seems to instill fear into would be modders.
I have released a few mods (quality lacking) to temporarily fill a void or request and met with some constructive comments and also with pm's accusing me of stealing someone's idea. (strange that the person that pm'd wasn't the person that had the idea in 1st place). Anyways my point is since there is no way to actually claim the right to an idea unless the is a finished product to show it this is all a bunch of what to have claim to fame crap. Let those that have an idea develop it and show off what they've done and no have these boring squabbles over bragging rights.

To be on topic the tube bridge does have a lot of potential and pitfalls also. Everyone will have their own opinion on what future bridges etc. will look like along with any other future based mods. I think the main span is cool just as it is bridge5.png top including the approaches. Those the think approahes should be different can use an existing bridge approach or create there own. Great work so far!
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I got one ramp done today. Here's a screenshot. Now that I got one done, the rest should go easier. The first one usually takes the longest until I get it lookin' right. I'm done for today. I might change it again because I was thinkin, what about roads? It's not wide enough. I like the look of it now but to work with roads, I'd have to straighten the sides to look more like the TTD bridge. I didn't want to do that tho. Tomorrow's another day. Goodnight....
Attachments
Screenshot9.png
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

not badd. i am thinki9ng that the rings are a bit to fat now? sigh
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

i prefer the one with half the rings tbh
maybe you cought make them both?
(dont know if its just a case of removing something or not)
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman wrote:not badd. i am thinki9ng that the rings are a bit to fat now? sigh
I think I agree with you. I didn't think about that when I changed to diameter of the tube from 16 to 14 because of the fatter rings. I should have thinned the rings some. That won't be hard to change tho.

@Martin1990: I like the other one more myself and I am doing both. I was gonna do just the one with less rings only but there will be a problem with that one when the bridge doesn't start in the right spot. The bridge won't have a ring on the end and it'll look funny.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Use half sized rings at start point? I think that you cant get it 100% correct. (You could try to look at the hangbridge thing, because that is using different looks each block.)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Use half sized rings at start point? I think that you cant get it 100% correct. (You could try to look at the hangbridge thing, because that is using different looks each block.)
The hangbridge thing? What is that? Never heard of it.

EDIT: You mentioned it and nothing comes up when searched for hangbridge.
Last edited by Tattoo on 02 Apr 2010 02:44, edited 2 times in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Suspension Bridge (the one ingame sorry got a little brain*poof*)
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Suspension Bridge (the one ingame sorry got a little brain*poof*)
Oh, ok. I know what ya mean now. That one spans 4 tiles and has different sprites for each tile. I don't see where that would help this bridge. I have it spanning 2 tiles now only because I have 2 versions of it. The version with the rings spread out more needs it. Thanks for the idea tho.

EDIT: I want to thank everyone for the feedback on this. It helps to have more than one idea to combine to get a better outcome.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Sorry for the double post. I got another screenshot. I made the rings thinner and think it looks better this way. Thanks Plastikman. I like the thick rings but not close together like in this one. I'll keep the other one with thicker rings maybe. Now I have to flip this all around for the other side and then start on the supports. Any ideas for them. I'm not sure what to do with em yet. Another day down. More tomorrow...
Attachments
Screenshot12.png
Screenshot12.png (48.45 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Nice work Tat... very nice work.
Martin1990
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Martin1990 »

and the suports, anyone seen a floating bridge before?

also how terrible does it look to place a station on it?
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

BlenderUser wrote:Nice work Tat... very nice work.
Thanks

I have a question for anybody that might know. I added a screenshot to show. When I zoom out, once or more, the mesh part of the bridge disapears. Does anyone know why or how to fix it? I'm thinking of moving the mesh over one pixel and see what that does but other than that, I don't know. Thanks.
Oh and I tried other screen resolutions and it's the same. I have it at 1280x720.

EDIT: I moved the mesh over and it looks like this now.
Attachments
Screenshot13.png
Screenshot13.png (17.34 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Screenshot16.png
Screenshot16.png (14.29 KiB) Viewed 2817 times
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Tube Bridge

Post by strongbow »

Did you try using the "transparent colour" that some default stations use? It's one of the last colours in the palette.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: [WIP] Tube Bridge

Post by Tattoo »

strongbow wrote:Did you try using the "transparent colour" that some default stations use? It's one of the last colours in the palette.
Do you mean the color 255,0,255? No I haven't. Thanks Strongbow. This is what I've been doing. I changed the mesh from 1 pixel to 2 pixels It's not solid when I zoom out now or empty until I go to the 3rd zoom out. Now I can flip it and work on the supports.
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (58.35 KiB) Viewed 2785 times

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”