[Discussion] Sketchup, Blender, 3Dmax and other 3D programs

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Discussion] Sketchup, Blender, 3Dmax and other 3D programs

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I give up. Program doesn`t do what i want. *Goes crying in a little corner*. (At least i got it working to the 3dsm thing, only rendering part is confusing me, and i getting the need of vandalizing some public property :twisted:
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Illegal_Alien wrote:I give up. Program doesn`t do what i want. *Goes crying in a little corner*. (At least i got it working to the 3dsm thing, only rendering part is confusing me, and i getting the need of vandalizing some public property :twisted:
Have you purchased 3ds? Or is there a way to get it for free. Because I looked at the price and my bank account slapped me in the face. :lol:
MetalheadTycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MetalheadTycoon »

Lol Opan, I feel the same way. Although I'm still learning how to use sketchup and Blender :roll:
From The Town Of Nickel
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

To do the exporting to 3dsm, you do need sketchup pro;

Sketchup to blender

Opan; you can use the trial version, or PM me at extremegames and i'll show you what to do, legally.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Blender, I tried to contact you at Xtreme games but when I click on "contact us" it brings me to this site http://err.000webhost.com/ Can I pm you on tt?
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Check your hotmail account.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Ok I don't mean to bump this thread, but I can't get sketchup models into blender. I was on a website that showed me how, but it only works for mac users, which I'm not. Is there another way?
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

http://sites.google.com/site/alexvaqp/sketchupblender

So you got the plug-in for blender as well?
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

No, where could I get this plugin?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Opan wrote:No, where could I get this plugin?
Maybe a good idea to try google or something?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Holds Opan's Hand; okay, here we go, walking across the road :mrgreen:

Collada 1.4.0 Would you like me to push you on the swings now? :wink:
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

BlenderUser wrote:Holds Opan's Hand; okay, here we go, walking across the road :mrgreen:

Collada 1.4.0 Would you like me to push you on the swings now? :wink:

Yes please :tongue: thanks though
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

To install the script; unzip the script (Well thats first, just keep the rar open)

Open your Blender folder(Where you installed the program)
There should be only one folder inside that called ".Blender" (Open that)
Inside there is a folder called "Scripts" (Open that)

Now for the extremely hard part... Extract the files inside the rar(That you left open); into the scripts folder.

Then just open the Program "Blender"
And when you click... File-> Import(Or export)-> You will see "Collada 1.4 (.dae)"

------------------

Please note, you may need to update your version of blender to the right one :P

-------------
Moved by me.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Ok thanks blenderuser. The problem is that there is no scripts folder in blender. I'll just re-install it. Thanks anyways :)
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Tried making sure you can see hidden files?
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

No it works now It was just an error when installing.

Although I do have one quick question. I know you've sent me that page on how to get sketchup files into blender but I can't seem to get the kmz file into a zip file. Just putting .zip at the end doesn't do anything and I put it into a rar file and unpacked it and got nothing.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

When your in sketch; and export it, make sure you select. (.dae) .. its the other option.
MetalheadTycoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MetalheadTycoon »

Hi, I was wondering, Once I have the model of something in blender how do I render it and turn it into a dat file?
Thanks
From The Town Of Nickel
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

By not googleing "How to render in blender"; and most of all not looking here

You will then have to look at the 4th post in this topic to see the angles the images are taken at; and make a mini clip in blender, but rather then using A LOT of frames, the max frames, would be the max images needed for locomotion; and get either your object, or your camera to move accordingly.

You then need to make the xml (the guts and bones of the object)...
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

lego_trains wrote:there is a tutorial on the FanPage by MartinMundorf for this.

I can't find the exact link, this one is similar. It is not the full tutorial http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/wbb/i ... eadID=4376
-----------------------------
MartinMundorf
-----------------------------
You can make it like me:

1) ScetchUp 6 google download (free of charge)

2) after that the MSTS Plug-in for ScetchUp google downloadhttp://www31.brinkster.com/decapod/sketchup.htm(version 2.0 is the most current)

3) Construct objects

--------------
Okay; still working out what his talking about, but I got an idea to work in, in sketchup
Ill work out more what his saying later.
--------------

Attention: If you then 3D objects construct (goes very simply, the program is almost even declared - even I habs understood;))

4) you must make yourself the color textures themselves, google function transform the textures out of ScetchUp not in that after MSTS. That means, you must do handicrafts with paint yourself your own colors:

5.) For example „rot_1" (then define you the R_G_B - values) and store this file then as a png off. These farbdateien may not exceed 128X128 pixel, 64X64 wealth ber perfectly from.

6.) then you generate 2 files

into the file 1, your even generated png (your own palette) come must the file 1 you then in google ScetchUp as a source file for your color textures determine (goes very
simply)

7.) you do not load yourself the "tga tool" down (left have I now unfortunately, might however with something googlen to find its). You require this tool in order to generate out of your PNG files respectively one. ACE file.

8.) The „rot_1.ace" comes then (and all of other ace) in the files 2

9.) if you have an object in ScetchUp ready, would reassure you, that all colors of you yourself would generate textures (the png´s out of Ornder 1) are.

10.) then you export the model as a MSTS model in the files 2! *

11.) also the addition question "Make a. SD - File?" with "yes" confirm - then therein the colors in reference are stored to the MSTS model.

12.) in the file 2 you have then a MSTS model, that then with MSTS2Loco in 136 (or more ...) Gas changed becomes. You know believe the remainder I ... :Zwinkern2:

*Edith lets yet notice in: That transform can a googleScetchUp model into a MSTS File between 2 seconds and 20 minutes!!! last - according to that like many polygons (and/or corners and edges) the object has. Temporarily looks (at least with me) the program so, as would have it suspended itself. Simply wait! One can minimize however the window. Then also another use (z. B. the Web browser) looks "frozen" to be sure also, but if one on this Doppelklickt that runs very normally. Then also other uses can be started (z. B. Locomotion) if the MSTS model is ready, hears is goes one (if one good fortune has;) a dull "ping" -the MSTS model ready (like in the microwave) after that it then further with steps 11.)

Reference

The double convert is over MSTS no king way at itself - however it is simple and functions.

Moreover I receive no liability at your PCs if the way indicated above damages should cause. With me, it functioned in any case.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”