[REL] Boundary Marker

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] Boundary Marker

Post by Plastikman »

Boundary Marker

Ver. 1.0

By Chicago Locomotive Works.
Plastikman

What is it?:
This is a little tool for Route style maps.

It allows the map builder to set a route through a square map to give the illusion of a larger map by placing boundaries where he would like to prevent the player from passing through.

This is a simple tool to try to guide the path of the player.

It is available from 1900 to the end of time.
It can not be removed by AI or Players in the game.

There are 2 versions included in this mod;

one version for use while building in scenario editor so you can see where you placed it.

One version for use in game play so it is "mostly" hidden from view.

In the Sample pictures, You can see it in the editor and you can not see it in the game (unless you zoom in closer and it is a slightly textured [shadowed] tile).

In this example, they are placed on the Tehachapi beta map to keep you honest in Caliente.
You can't tunnel through the hill or make a bridge and a shortcut to tunnel #2 on the other side of the river.

as you can see on the river side. you can stager them diagonally (or in a zig-zag) for them to still work and scenic around them with trees.

With this, we are able to take away some of your "sandbox" world and force you to keep you on the historic path of the routemap.
Attachments
Boundary_Marker.zip
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 924 times
blockade 1.png
blockade 1.png (100.58 KiB) Viewed 11075 times
blockade 2.png
blockade 2.png (95.72 KiB) Viewed 11067 times
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [REL] Boundary Marker

Post by kalvingp30fan »

This is a very good thing plastik, thank you for releasing it.
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

i am sure this will make some people mad, but it puts a big fat smile on my face.

This would work good in yellowhead pass as well.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

bluebeetle wrote:This would work good in yellowhead pass as well.
most of your maps.

The same with zimmlock's and a few others.

I have been holding back on this one for over a year. i guess TEH was the motivation to make it.

Another shot of it in use in game...
Attachments
oh_crap_BB_Blocked_my_path.png
oh_crap_BB_Blocked_my_path.png (159.01 KiB) Viewed 11046 times
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

speaking of yellowhead, can you re-upload V1, I liked it a lot better than V2
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Why not just use big walls of stone, as is normal in routemap style UK scenarios?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Sorry to sway off topic, but i don't suppose these route markers could be used to solve the elusive problem with town growth speed ? Perhaps to act as a barrier for the town to grow ?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

rdrdrdrd wrote:speaking of yellowhead, can you re-upload V1, I liked it a lot better than V2
i will have to find v1, i had a major comp crash (got a new comp) and lost A LOT of stuff. So i may and may not have it. :(
I don't even remember what v2 was? But that map has way to many straight lines in it (like the lake and river shores), and needs to be rework into a nice piece of art.

okay we better get back on topic lol
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

yeaqh sorry
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

adroman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adroman »

Something that has been missing for sooo long... Great to see it releas
I'm also curious to if it stops town growth...

Thanks! :D
"There it was, hidden in alphabetical order." Rita Holt

I'm back, baby!
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Kevo00 wrote:Why not just use big walls of stone, as is normal in routemap style UK scenarios?
You could still tunnel through them, or simply level them if the user didn't "get" the route-map concept.

'Tis good work Mr Plastik.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

jake.grimshaw wrote:Sorry to sway off topic, but i don't suppose these route markers could be used to solve the elusive problem with town growth speed ? Perhaps to act as a barrier for the town to grow ?
Actually, it did totaly stop town growth in limited beta. I made a town boxed in by 3 side with markers and one side by a industructable row of freight stations.

The problem I had was while the town could not get out, I could not get in! Fortunatly, the marker do not stop the station boundary.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I tested it too, and yes it does work. It looks like you have accidentally found a cure fo the crazy town growth :D
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

yeah i know this is a bump, but i feel this needs to be brought up.

is there a reason this isn't listed on AMI, in Plastiks signature or maybe as an option to click in the north american menu when installing that set, like the auto mod, etc......

This was already buried by two pages of threads, and this tool rocks the cab of my engine, and will be using it for every one of my maps. Which means people are going to need this tool.

Yes i can link to this thread, but people who don't come to this forum will never know about this great tool.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Have no fear. It will get put into the scenery pack
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I can't figure out how to place these in the scenerio editor. Can anyone tell me how to do this please? Thanks...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Put the blockade from the BLDSTOP-Build folder in your objects folder, you need to activate it as a city building in the scenario editor to put it into the game. Then look at "build miscellaneous Buildings".
Close locomotion and replace the build-version with the play-version in your objects folder to play.
Attachments
Screenshot25.png
(292.71 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

mmmmm.. candy canes.....
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

robo wrote:Put the blockade from the BLDSTOP-Build folder in your objects folder, you need to activate it as a city building in the scenario editor to put it into the game. Then look at "build miscellaneous Buildings".
Close locomotion and replace the build-version with the play-version in your objects folder to play.
Thanks. I just found it before I came back here. I didn't know about that menu choice and thought it strange that I couldn't find it so I hit everything I could and finally found it...
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”