Locomods.EU

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Locomods.EU

Post by strongbow »

Thank you and welcome. :)
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

We have recently decided to close down Locomods.EU since we're not creating any new mods and the site was just collecting dust while taking some financial resources to keep alive.

All my packs are now available on Owen's Locomotion depot:

http://www.locomotiondepot.net/amitrains/strongbow

I have even updated a few packs with some minor changes:

Tatra Electric Railways v3.6
Added the new 2013 livery of the 425.95 EMU in 3.6 along with some bonus trains - yellow 425.95 and retro 420.95.

Matterhorn Railways v1.2
Changed obsolete date on the silver MGB BDSeh 4/8 in 1.2.

GTW Generation 2+ v2.4
Changed obsolete date on original livery STA class 101 in 2.4.

There's also a PDF database with all my vehicles (sans the AMI A320, GTW and Tram packs).

Hopefully the addition of my sets to Owen's site will give them exposure to users who have not stumbled upon Locomods.EU in the past and provide them with some enjoyment while playing this old, faulty, but still fun game. :wink:

Thanks!
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Nice to see that these nice mods will not go down the tube strongbow...

Are you still playing locomotion yourself ? Because the fan base seems to die slowly around these forums, and modders like yourself are realy rare to see around...That doesn't mean the game is dying as well. I for one, will be playing locomotion until I probably choke and die, but I can't speak for other modders and players :wink:

So hope to see you around the forums someday, and thanks for outstanding work mate :wink: !

Regards,

Erik
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote: Are you still playing locomotion yourself ?
Here are some screenshots of last weekend's game - I've finally found the time to play the game instead of creatings mods for it. :)

But yes, the fan base seems to get smaller and smaller unfortunately, not just here but on other forums too. That's why we closed down the site as well, it doesn't make sense to have many websites devoted to the game with such a small amount of people playing it. But that doesn't mean I'm leaving the game or the forums, I might even do some mods in the future, who knows. Right now I prefer playing it though. ;)
Attachments
loco23042015.png
(2.34 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

strongbow wrote:Here are some screenshots of last weekend's game - I've finally found the time to play the game instead of creatings mods for it. :)
Well at least that's some improvement, and hey...It only took you 10 years :mrgreen:

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work, I'm doing the same so welcome on the other side ! :wink:
Manuel18
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Manuel18 »

Those trains Looks soo cute Mr strongbow :mrgreen: and nice Scenario :lol:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198029896773]Image[/url]
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

looks good as usual, mr. strongbow :-P

i must admit i stopped playing, cause i bought some land and now i live in a new home so i (we) have a lot to do.. and when i have some time i usually play xcom on ipad. lol. altough i bought the transport-tycoon for ipad. i even stopped playing that.

i wonder how many people are still playing/modding for locomotion.
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Haven't seen you for a long time. :)

I also tried Transport Tycoon on my iPhone, but since it's not compatible with Locomotion DATs, I stopped playing it. If only it was possible to somehow convert our DATs, that would be great. But I don't think many people are playing the games unfortunately.

Anyway, enjoy summer. ;)
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

strongbow wrote:Haven't seen you for a long time. :)

I also tried Transport Tycoon on my iPhone, but since it's not compatible with Locomotion DATs, I stopped playing it. If only it was possible to somehow convert our DATs, that would be great. But I don't think many people are playing the games unfortunately.

Anyway, enjoy summer. ;)
Sadly a lot of the locomotion sites now seem to be more cobwebs than anything else, even the release by Steam generated little attention, in all honesty I think locomotion has gone as far as it's users and modders can take it at this stage because of the aforementioned declining fan base
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Will the other creator's mods be archived as well?
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

I hope so, he still hasn't come around to sending them to Owen. I'll check with him.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hey strong long time no see.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Hey IA.

Reminds me I wanted to ask you whether you know the guy who created these: http://rhbformsts.spoorpunt.nl/
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

At all creations Sjoerd Lafeber was involved.
But you can also read on the website. :P
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

hey IA, hey Martin,

yeah summer is coming around.. my kid is going to school third year after the summer o.O

i often asked on the transport-tycoon-website for using DATs. they declined it every time. so i got bored and didn´t ask no more. well, since locomotion and the mobile-game are almost dead maybe it´s good how it is. honestly i wouln´t have the time anymore to convert my DATs. and i can´t even remember password and username on my hosting website so it´s not gonna be online again lol.. the other guy who too was updating it, is gone. wonder where he is..

xcom is way more fun beside my MASCHINE. and my family of course.

btw: is there ever a lomo2 on track? i thought i sometime read something about CS. maybe it was a dream lol..
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

That's really sad with them not understanding what modders mean to their game. We basically kept Locomotion alive for much longer than it would have lived without modifications. I don't think it would be too hard to implement a system for the mobile TT where people could download new mods, maybe some for a small fee. We would get some pocket money, people would play the game, everyone would be happy. In an alternate universe, we managed to make a living out of building small 3D trains for others to play with. ;)

Never heard of Lomo 2 though. Must've been a secret schwül dream of yours. :P
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Thanks for uploading to owens. I just reinstalled locomotion and am saddened by how small we have become.
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

rdrdrdrd wrote:Thanks for uploading to owens. I just reinstalled locomotion and am saddened by how small we have become.
We became small because Atari didn't follow through with an add on packs like with The Sims (possibly due to the issues between themselves and CS) and also Atari itself didn't last the course being broken up and sold off to different companies
Couple that with some stupid name calling and infighting at times and people who were willing to contribute got bored and wandered off and taken with the normal attritional process as the players got older, got married and had children and it is no wonder that the game is dying off.
I will be honest I don't think I have seen anything recently that would now persuade me to take up Locomotion as a first line game as its competitors are far better in terms of graphics for in game items, so while I won't say Locomotion is dead sadly it is close to that point
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Oh yes, its highly understandable that communities shrink, but I remember the golden age of locomotion modding. Being a beta tester for some of the big packs, working on my own projects and scenarios, the nostalgia hits home.

The thing loco has for me still is its signal based routing system. I haven't found a game that lets me "play train set" nearly as much. Sure some games have more realistic routes or vehicles, but locomotion lets me have my own portable scale layout wherever I want.

I've honestly considered finishing up a few of my projects here recently,just for a sense o completion and to bring some life back to the game if I can. Time will tell if I can still find the hours to work on them though.
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Gerrie de B.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gerrie de B. »

Can I thank all above creators for the work they have done in the past! I still enjoy every minute I play on Locomotion with all the great vehicles, buildings, mods, etc! Never too old to play! And as a lot of Dutch say Hardco..., euhm..., Locomotion will never die!!! ;)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”