[WIP] Sugar farm

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [WIP] Sugar farm

Post by Twiggy »

Cheers Zeak. It's not new unfortunately. Noah used this one to design the ark, that's how freaking old this thing is...!!
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Carlostraincrazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlostraincrazy »

When I tried to add this to a scenario it said missing Soybeans, and another saids Produce
How you fix that?
Visit my Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/12194Carlos
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Sounds like the product of Demontrain's heavily [self] modded loco install. he'd be the one to ask, as the one I was attempting ages ago has never been close to completion.

However, the last couple of weeks I've spent in the Gold Coast, Queensland, and driving up from Sydney (Every Sydneysider has to make the road trip pilgrimage to the Gold Coast at some stage of their lives). Of course, this means driving through Sugar Cane territory north of Grafton. I grabbed a few snaps from the car when I could for inspiration and reference. A couple of shots of the Harwood and Broadwater mills. The Condong mill is bypassed these days (possibly by the Murwillumbah bypass?)which is a shame - about 6-8 years back I did a tour of the mill, that was great.

This does not mean however, that I will be completing this any time soon - still too many things on my plate with uni, but the project has not been forgotten.
mkellerbr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mkellerbr »

One suggestion: :mrgreen:

Making a change in the Oil Refinery and / or Sugar Refinery to produce
"ETHANOL", linking the "fuel" to the ID of the Goods, and delivering the
fuel directly to the cities! :]

Here in Brazil Ethanol fuel is used in the same amount as gasoline. :D
- - - - - - - -
Image Image
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

Carlostraincrazy wrote:When I tried to add this to a scenario it said missing Soybeans, and another saids Produce
How you fix that?
Oops sorry here they are. As you can see I haven't done much more work on this idea for a lack of interest in the forums. I use them every so often but the idea doesn't work out as well as I had hoped. One problem I have noticed is that when having so many cargo types to move around the ability to keep up with all the cargo stresses the players routes and causes towns to lower one's ratings. It is ideal for those that love a challenge and a lot of trackage, not to mention so many trains running that eventually you are replacing locomotives and nothing else just to keep things moving.
Attachments
PRODUCE.dat
(899 Bytes) Downloaded 177 times
SOYBEANS.dat
(927 Bytes) Downloaded 175 times
Carlostraincrazy
Engineer
Engineer

Thank you I apprciated it
Carlostraincrazy
Engineer
Engineer

I added these dat file but know it saids missing corn and fertilzer if there's any other files please my I have them all?
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

At AMI trains (and possibly elsewhere) there is a tool called locoSSA. Using this will tell you everything that you are missing from the scenario.
Carlostraincrazy
Engineer
Engineer

That wasn't for scenarios but the new food plant and sugar farms and winery that appects sugar
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

Carlostraincrazy wrote:I added these dat file but know it saids missing corn and fertilzer if there's any other files please my I have them all?
You sure can, but as I said earlier I have done nothing with this for some time and therefor I don't remember all the interconnected dat files etc.
Attachments
CORN.dat
(892 Bytes) Downloaded 163 times
FERTILIZ.dat
(965 Bytes) Downloaded 165 times
BEANS.dat
not sure if this is needed
(880 Bytes) Downloaded 167 times
Zixda
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zixda »

I think it's a great idea! (Personally I have no Idea's for a company at all! :P) The only Thing I would change is that you should keep grain farm. Other than that great!
-Zixda "Teamwork…means never having to take all the blame yourself."
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

The only thing I've done to this mod in 8 months is lighten the graphics oand rename the sugar farm to sugar plantation. I did it to make it easier to see the difference between the 2.
Attachments
wheat farm and sugar plantation
wheat farm and sugar plantation
Screenshot23 m.png (77.31 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
another view... fields and buildings are about 40 % lighter
another view... fields and buildings are about 40 % lighter
Screenshot24 m.png (91.07 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

That looks quite awesome demon!! I should definitely make some time to get my stuff up and running again. (Life has been hectic at the moment, bought new house, started my own consultancy, and have a baby due in 2 weeks!!)

We'll get this project over and done finally!!
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

I tried to add new buildings and leave the fields as they are now but I keep getting black blobs. Congrats on house and baby to be twiggy. I had forgotten so much of this modding stuff, but now have free time and as you can see I have a few new loco's in the pic.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Cheers mate. Those locos look pretty cool. They're a bit too dark for detail though. But they, and the building are the bomb... I'd like to say I'll have some ready to go soon, and while I'm working away, I should get a bit of time to... But at home, I don't even get the chance to check out the forums, let alone do anything else on the computer!!
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

The loco's are GE/Aloc ef-1's see screenshot

Also a screenshot of white blobs ( failed correction attempt)
Attachments
bottom is the ef-1A top are a few home-brewed loco's
bottom is the ef-1A top are a few home-brewed loco's
What If Electrix.png (251.77 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Heavy snow AKA white blobs error that I need to fix
Heavy snow AKA white blobs error that I need to fix
Screenshot25 m.png (47.91 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Verry nice work demon, you have the black square because you dont use the correct "invisable" color/palet and or did not mentioned the new structure correct in the xml.
Now there is a (sugar) MOD in development that uses sugar beets to produce sugar, i dont know how the two ll interact, i have drawn a sugarplant and a office building for that.
Attachments
Sugar plant.png
Sugar plant.png (49.33 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
Holly Sugar Office Building 1.png
Holly Sugar Office Building 1.png (14.71 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

Thanks for suggestion Zimm. Got the blackout lifted now I got to mess around to locate it right. Dang the things one forgets when not modding much anymore. I know there was another sugar mod. Mine simply uses the same dat ID as grain. Made it that way to avoid creating the wagons to haul it. There shouldn't be any clash other than an industry being used.

I use Train SIm modeler mainly because I have it and do know how to use it. Someday in future I'll try out the other 3d programs but for now mine will be a bit crude looking.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Demon; are those done with MSTS2Lomo?If so you mind me doing them for you? As they are indeed a bit dark :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

The loco's are Trains Sim Modeler converted with MSTS2Loco.... The 3d Model is my creation however the texture is not.. would that be a copyright problem? If not I can and will send them for you are much better at that than me. The Specs for loco's are just what I thought would be ok, since they are not prototypical.

I always liked the electric Loco's in US but since there are so few I created my own.

What would you need? the s files and texture and anything else?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”