[WIP] Sugar farm

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [WIP] Sugar farm

Post by Twiggy »

Demon, I stand corrected.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

wadeo1984 wrote:Demon, I stand corrected.
Is that like... half bent over??

Sugar beets here go in hopper trucks and on trains in old steel tipper wagons... so, perhaps MjD and I could figure out a add on from the BR Set?

SQ: Would you mind if I did a version of your company colour actros to carry sugar beets?

Best wishes,
Andel
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

not at all.. :) go ahead. if you have any problems or if you want to make me do it, talk to me via msn..
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Is that like... half bent over??
No, its more like stood down off my soapbox... Until this topic, I had never heard of sugar beets.
Corrected and educated, but not bent over... My name isn't Mr Worley...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

hehehehe. Shhhhh. He's my special friend ;)
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

I've finally got a few days to work on this again. Have been tossing the idea of a cane plantation and a sugar beet farm as separate industries, not sure if that would cause the age old problem with the 16 industry limit. The cargo type would be the same but there would be 2 different industries producing sugar used as the loco-operator sees fit.
Hopefully memory will serve me for sprite positioning when make the sugar beet farm, or perhaps I can merely give the old "new paint" job to existing farm(s)... depends on how long the lull at work continues.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

I reckon just the one industry, and a repaint. I've gone off 7 on 7 off, back to 5 on 2 off with work, so my progress is back to zilch...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

ahh i haven't heard anything about sugar beets since the 80's. Used to live in Nebraska where sugar beets where piled into large piles and then loaded in hoppers by an front end loader, two hours east of scottsbluff on BN. But if i remember correctly BN and UP stopped carrying sugar beets in the middle 80's. it would be kinda cool to see a sugar beet train.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

I'm just coming out of exams, so theoretically I would have abut 4 months off... but I've got some work experience lined up, so I may not get much time after all. I'll see what I can do.
Zeak
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Zeak »

don't know if you are interested. I was looking into something myself a while back. Scrapped the idea though. You are welcome to use this though.

You just have to change the black to the blue
Attachments
cain2.png
cain2.png (26.95 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
cain1.png
cain1.png (25.41 KiB) Viewed 3200 times
silo.png
silo.png (14.68 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Excellent mate. We can use them!
Hammo, with that permission, there's half of your job done!
I really should get cracking on my stuff, I'm doing the 4 t wagons at the moment, move to the 8t next and then an 600hp alco to release.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

great! It was really making the initial graphics that I hadn't had a chance to do. And hadn't thought of a great way of doing it. But this solves much of my problem. I might have a chance to look at it in about a month. I've got a big exam next week, and then I'll have to dedicate quite a bit of time to a robotics project I'm involved in at the moment.In 27 days, most of the team leaves for the us with the robots, so I may be free for a bit after that... or after end of semester exams.

But I really want to get this done at some stage. Just like a couple of other projects I've started/have planned.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hammo wrote:But I really want to get this done at some stage. Just like a couple of other projects I've started/have planned.
Story of my life... But it'll get done, and between all of us, it'll be grand

/gloat off.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

if those are just one sprite and not models you have to remove the ladder so it does not looks like there are four ladders only visible from 1 view each,you understand what I mean?
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

yep. Copy it remove the ladder and use that as three of the 4 sprites.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

ok, good, you understand me, just wanted to prevent a disaster :wink:
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Zeak
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Zeak »

Ill see if I can dig up any old files to that may come in handy. Sorry the Silo is only the one image.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

UPDATE: My laptop spat the dummy on me the other day, and, well, stupid me didn't back anything at all up. It was mainly loco stuff that I lost, but I lost all my rendering and 3d stuff for this set. Not to mention 3dsMAX is gone too, until I can find where I put the CD for it. I can still play Lomo, I have all my games and that on my USB. Hopefully, after all the work and time (when I got it!), I can get back to where I was pretty quickly.

Regards,

W
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Have you tried removing the hard drive from your laptop and checking the contents on another computer? Your laptop may have died, but was it your hard drive or something else?
Zeak
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Zeak »

If you laptop is fairly new it should be a sarta drive. Easy to grab the files off if that's the case.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”