[BETA] Monorail

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[BETA] Monorail

Post by Damage »

At last.

It's a TTO-styled monorail for Locomotion, completed with tube bridge, new tunnel, and new monorail station. The tag [Beta] is there, mostly because there are no proper trains for it, although i've made 3 new trains for testing purpose. Hopefully the community will add new trains later.

Anyways, enjoy! :wink:

Authors:
Damage - track, tunnel, trains
Tattoo - track rework, bridge
Strongbow - station

Thanks to everyone who supported the project!
Special thanks to Plastikman, Oleg and the TTDRussia.net community!

Information for modders: any trains can use monorail as a track. Just replace "trackst" with "monorail" in the xml.
Improvements are welcome, but don't forget to credit the authors.

*update (22/07/2010)
-added monorail station (forgot to put it last time)
-updated tube bridge
Attachments
Monorail.zip
(496.91 KiB) Downloaded 1911 times
Last edited by Damage on 22 Jul 2010 18:39, edited 2 times in total.
http://forums.ttdrussia.net/ - Home of "Russian Loco" project

Project file list
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [BETA] Monorail

Post by Damage »

Some screenshots
Attachments
Track, bridge, tunnel
Track, bridge, tunnel
Screenshot139.jpg (173.48 KiB) Viewed 8865 times
Trains
Trains
Screenshot140.jpg (77.4 KiB) Viewed 8865 times
Station
Station
Screenshot142.jpg (146.29 KiB) Viewed 8865 times

Project file list
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Nice, very nice. This is the quality that should be aspired to.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Finaly after how many years? 3 or 4? :P

Hmm APT-E with some alterations looks like a nice monorail:
Attachments
Screenshot107.png
Screenshot107.png (55.7 KiB) Viewed 8845 times
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
bnsfnut
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bnsfnut »

I've got a proplem. When I go to select them in the scenario editor I get the stupid to many objects of this type selected error, when I don't have anything selected.
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Finaly after how many years? 3 or 4? :P

Hmm APT-E with some alterations looks like a nice monorail:
Well, as least its done :P, and its only been 8months:P (I still have the sketchup he sent me to look at) :mrgreen:
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

2.5 years from the very beginning, i think. Not all the time, of course. :wink: And better late, than never.
I've got a proplem. When I go to select them in the scenario editor I get the stupid to many objects of this type selected error, when I don't have anything selected.
Check the bridges tab and the station tab. Both are limited to 8 object. And pay attention to *gray half-filled* items, they ARE selected, because they are required for something else.

Project file list
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

HOLY CRAP it's finally here :shock:
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

:shock: Great. I used to think that the project has been dead. You don't know how happy I am when it has been finally released, at lease I can make the trains for the monorail in Osaka and Chongqing.
Visit Nanyue Express for my railway car drawings
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

HEY HEY!! He released it. Kewl. I wanted to release it when I was done working on it back in April. I think 3 trains for it is a good start. I must not have sent Damage the new bridge for this so I'll post it here. Sorry bout that Damage. The supports under the ramps were changed to look better with the Monorail. Now all the supports look the same. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do.
Attachments
BRDGTUBE.rar
(17.37 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (24.09 KiB) Viewed 8744 times
Last edited by Tattoo on 22 Jul 2010 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

Would you like to kindly make the another version of the bridge without the tube (using the same supports)? :D I think it would be more realistic like the one shown in this picture:
http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-tw/File:Cqqg02.jpg
But it still awesome already with the released one, so it is absolutely OK without entertaining me. I hope my monorail trains will be available in few days. Thank you again for the effort paid by all of you.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Great to see this released. I guess the station is missing from the archive? :wink:
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

Here is my first attempt to make monorail trains. It is the rolling stock for Chongqing Metro Line 2, made by Hitachi and CNR Changchun. Enjoy and I beg your comments. Rolling stocks for Osaka, Okinawa or even Dubai can be made just by modifying the 3D model slightly. I can also make the rolling stock for Kuala Lumpur Monorail if I still have time and interest on it :lol:

Update: I have just shortened the "legs" of the cars by a little bit ,but I think it is not my preference to remove those "legs" as they are really present in the real one.
Attachments
CQMQKZ2.zip
Password: rail.kychung.com
(217.95 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Screenshot195.gif
Screenshot195.gif (17.09 KiB) Viewed 8539 times
Last edited by K.Y.Chung on 23 Jul 2010 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

The part under the train should be a bit shorter i thing, it looks weird.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

They need to be that size to keep the train from falling off, or the bogies from intruding into the passenger compartment.
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

Tattoo wrote:HEY HEY!! He released it. Kewl. I wanted to release it when I was done working on it back in April. I think 3 trains for it is a good start. I must not have sent Damage the new bridge for this so I'll post it here. Sorry bout that Damage. The supports under the ramps were changed to look better with the Monorail. Now all the supports look the same. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I do.
Updated it. Thanks!
strongbow wrote:Great to see this released. I guess the station is missing from the archive? :wink:
Whooooops... :roll:
My bad. Fixed.

BTW, Strongbow and Tattoo, thanks again for taking a major part in all this! Really appreciate your work!

Oh, and everyone please forgive me for making you wait so long, but in my opinion, the monorail kinda sucked with brick bridge... :wink:

Project file list
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Damage wrote:BTW, Strongbow and Tattoo, thanks again for taking a major part in all this! Really appreciate your work!
Any time Damage. I enjoyed workin on it and I'm happy that ya finally got it released. I knew it would be a hit.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Yep, my pleasure as well.

Can't wait to see more trains released for this...
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

New trains are still coming. I've compiled the Series 2000 for Osaka Monorail and Type 1000 for Okinawa Monorail. I will release them when the remaining 2 trains are finished.
Attachments
Screenshot196.gif
Screenshot196.gif (54.87 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

K.Y.Chung wrote:Would you like to kindly make the another version of the bridge without the tube (using the same supports)? :D I think it would be more realistic like the one shown in this picture:
http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-tw/File:Cqqg02.jpg
But it still awesome already with the released one, so it is absolutely OK without entertaining me. I hope my monorail trains will be available in few days. Thank you again for the effort paid by all of you.
I could do that when I get the time for it. I'm currently involved with something else at the moment but will get it made as soon as I finish the other things I have going. Nice monorail trains, btw.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”