[Release] Dekosoft trains UP super set in Locomotion?!

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Single Road name Superset?

Yes, Make it all as a stand alone set with DS prefix. Make more sets like this in future
77%
Yes, Make it all as a LTD. ED. set with US prefix. Make more LTD sets like this in future
15%
Only take the bits we need and put in the US pack. Forget about limited edition sets
3%
No, Stick to the other sets in progress. we have to many sets now, why make more?
5%

Total votes: 121

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dekosoft trains UP super set in Locomotion?!

Post by Plastikman »

sorry for the lack of updates, work is killing me...

how about another screeny?

ready for next beta's... drop a PM...
Attachments
Abandoned spur by  the grain silo.
Abandoned spur by the grain silo.
Screenshot665.png (77.24 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

What dose that industri do? If its plastic-pellets: where can i download them.
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

looks outstanding.
NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

i presume its a modern grain silo
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

Hmmm. With the word FARMERS written in them big letters and grain hoppers at the siding I would presume it's not a improvement on the mouse trap.... It's a nice item ... Nice job.!!!! Sorry I just had to..... :wink:
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

8o Wow look at the tracks! :bow: all hail Plastkman :bow:
Something goes here, hell if I know.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Then may i ask just 1 thing about the industries: what industrie is it that creates plastic-pellets?
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

The Tram man wrote:Then may i ask just 1 thing about the industries: what industrie is it that creates plastic-pellets?
Question do you actually know anything about Locomotion?

Your questions and then random bursts of designated violent insults towards other users suggests you are a bot or a .............

The plastic pellets are part of the auto industry pack

And bearing in mind the prior discussions over the installation of packs, don't ask where it is or how to use it, there are search functions for that. Please allow the rest of the users here who are trying to discuss and improve this game get on with it in peace
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:
The Tram man wrote:Then may i ask just 1 thing about the industries: what industrie is it that creates plastic-pellets?

Your questions and then random bursts of designated violent insults towards other users suggests you are a bot or a .............

And bearing in mind the prior discussions over the installation of packs, don't ask where it is or how to use it, there are search functions for that. Please allow the rest of the users here who are trying to discuss and improve this game get on with it in peace
I used the search square but i got no results on Plastic-pellets.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

The Tram man wrote:

I used the search square but i got no results on Plastic-pellets.
Why we should do this for you I have absolutely no idea

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... o+industry

THAT is the auto industry mod pack, now I suggest you don't ask how to use/install it work it out for yourself!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

for the wood feight platform, would people be intrested in a single sided version?
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Plastikman wrote:for the wood feight platform, would people be intrested in a single sided version?
Yeah why not.
NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

Plastikman wrote:for the wood feight platform, would people be intrested in a single sided version?
i surely wouldnt mind definitely
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

sure are you going to edit the existing track.dat for this pack or create afresh?
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Singlesided means on some rotated points the platform appears on the opposite side, doesn't it?

If not then that'd be cool :)
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

sure are you going to edit the existing track.dat for this pack or create afresh?

Fresh. you had the beta.. :P

I am still hesitant on the single sided because it uses 2 station Slots for 1 Station when the station slots are in high demand.

I guess it is better to make them since they fit into this map so well and have only a few people use them then to not make them at all.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

OK regarding the single sided stations...

As much as i want them... there is a serious flaw in LoMo on how they function.

IF i build this, with the station on the outside:

# = track
] = Station

]##[
]##[
]##[
]##[

then rotate it 180 degree I'll get this with the station on the Inside:

#][#
#][#
#][#
#][#
#][#

I just find that unapealing....
so unless there is a solution I am overlooking.. i'll pass for now on this project.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

EDIT! This is now Obsolete* see further into the thread.

Ok next beta is ready,

I might as well go full public with this !

This is a Beta Of the new style installers.
If it proves to be successful, All items in the US pack will be using similar Installers.
It is beta, something could possibly go wrong!
Install this Version at Your own risk!

This Has not been tested on X64 yet, If you have XP64 or VISTA 64 Please let me know before You try to install this!

it is still an unfinished pack but close to its final stages. The instructions for installing are ...

1 unzip (or just open it)
2 run the set up
3 you can only install in your LoMo folder it will do everything it can to avoid that. *see notes
4 It will try to update over the internet to get patches. let me know if there is a problem.
5 use the web installer (it should start on it's own) to install the UP pack and the Scenario *see notes
6 The web installer will launch small install scripts. based on your opinion, I can hide them so they are not visible, it just seemed handy at the time to see them.

This is untested on XP64 or VISTA64 Please contact me if you can test this.

note

even though it is installed to the Lomo folder, It dose not install it to you objdata folder, It installs it to a temp folder cluster called Chicago_locomotive_Works. inside here you will find the manual install if you fail auto install, plus all the read me's. You can also find the instructions on how to build the gantry signals here.

If You were a first stage beta tester, This setup will remove all the older beta files.

Scenario Note!

The scenario uses a modified Trackst.dat, it is recommended you back yours up first.
The installer SHOULD back your trackst.dat up automatically..... but!!!! i don't want to be responsible in case of an accident.
In some RARE cases, if you have modified road dats, this could cause a conflict. If you wish to install your own modified trackst.dat by hand.. well.. i am not here to support that :P you are on your own. the folder sub-structure should be logical for finding the files on your own.Look in Your locomotion/Chicago_Locomotive_Works\Objects\Scenery\Utah_Map_Mini_Pack folder for the Scenery bits and the Trackst.dat
it would be nice if you ran the map at least once as I had intended.

Please report any errors

You can get it at *removed*
Attachments
gantry-instructions.jpg
(283.34 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 07 Jun 2008 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Damn is that song good or what. The trains sure fit to this song. Good joob Plastik.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Great Big Rollin' Railroad
Union Pacific Railroad's theme song from the late 1970s to mid 1980s
more info here http://utahrails.net/up/rollin-rr.php.

you can find the tv comercials on youtube

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”