[REL] Cityrail Set 2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [WIP] Cityrail Set

Post by Twiggy »

Plastikman wrote:There are some german chaps making a full aussie set over on the fanpage. They are taking a little longer then expected due to illness.

It looks like a lot of is is close to ready for release.

How can I translate that page? I'm not too skilled in german, except for swearing!!
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
WafflerVCK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WafflerVCK »

Can anyone post a link to it? I can't find it
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

WafflerVCK wrote:Can anyone post a link to it? I can't find it
To what? The LoMo forum? http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Azetta
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azetta »

Those that are registered on the fanpage can find a few Australian trains here. Haven't tried them myself though.
cookie930
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cookie930 »

Any updates??
http://www.thepeopleplan.org.au/

The next train departing platform 3 is the 2:34 Craigieburn stopping all stations to Craigieburn except Flagstaff. Remember to validate your metcard before you travel.
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

cookie930 wrote:Any updates??
No...just read the previous page...;-)
aj1304
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aj1304 »

given tha lack on info on cityrail and on the website of the manufacturer, i suggest asking about technical specs here: http://www.railpage.com.au/f-f58.htm

its probably your best bet.
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

aj1304 wrote:given tha lack on info on cityrail and on the website of the manufacturer, i suggest asking about technical specs here: http://www.railpage.com.au/f-f58.htm

its probably your best bet.
I asked there (http://www.railpage.com.au/modules.php? ... t=11338715) almost a month ago but none has answered me yet... :-(

My best bet could probably be this... ;-)
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Why are aussies the only ones to make everything hard for anyone else?I'll bet there's not another set out there that's having as many delays as this one...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
cookie930
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cookie930 »

wadeo1984 wrote:Why are aussies the only ones to make everything hard for anyone else?I'll bet there's not another set out there that's having as many delays as this one...
Well maybe they take after Cityrail and therefore for a more realistic train it has to be delayed. :lol:

The next train departing platform 3 is the 2:34 Craigieburn stopping all stations to Craigieburn except Flagstaff. Remember to validate your metcard before you travel.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

wadeo1984 wrote:Why are aussies the only ones to make everything hard for anyone else?I'll bet there's not another set out there that's having as many delays as this one...
portuguese set... there have been 3 or 4 sets made, 2 or more additional wips and nothing has ever been released.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
aj1304
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aj1304 »

The main problem with getting information is that they dont seem to want you to know how fast their (cityrail) trains can go. all i can find is weight. If you need to just base it around ingame trains.
with r/s sets / 620/720 railcars being the slowest (say 80kmh) -> T/G Sets / Endeavour Railcars (maybe around 110) -> (V/M Sets) (130+) (or something like that in the event there is no details available

no matter where ive looked, ive found nothing bar height/width/length and weight
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Tell me about it. When i was doing research for the IC-Highliners (A Metra EMU in Chicago). nothing at all on the Web. NOTHING! i think i found builders dates and 100's of photos.

I decided to go to the damn station. i went late at night as the last trains were coming in. i asked a maintenance guy there. he gave me all the information and let me take photos of the entire trains including the cab.

then I stopped at my dads and busted out his old railroad books from the 80's. sure enough, all the stats were in 3 different books. more information then i ever wanted including a scale drawing. I wish i had that when i guessed the sizes on the one in the US set.

my solution for you. guestimate.... as long as it is close to other LoMo items. it cant be to bad
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
cookie930
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cookie930 »

After much deliberation I decided to venture out and search for the speeds of the various cityrail rollingstock.

r/s sets-134kw 1500rpm max speed 125km/h restricted to 115km/h

620/720-max speed 125km/h restricted to 115km/h

t/g sets-max speed is 125km/h restricted to 115km/h

endeavor-power 352 kW at 1800rpm max speed 160km/h restricted to 145km/h

v/m-max speed 130km/h restricted to 115km/h

Sorry thats all I could find but you could adapt the power from what I have, just lower it for the 620/720 from the endevour and raise it for the t/g/v/m sets from the r/s power. Hope to see these realesed soon the original models are a bit too long for me. Now all we need is a scenario to run it on and a 4D to invade Sydney as a Tangara. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

WafflerVCK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WafflerVCK »

I was hoping to get an OSCAR into this set, but I can't find a MSTS Model. We might need to make one ourself.
cookie930
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cookie930 »

WafflerVCK wrote:I was hoping to get an OSCAR into this set, but I can't find a MSTS Model. We might need to make one ourself.
Couldn't that be in Version 2. Are you planning to do other Australian stuff after this is finished because theres nothing out there but an XPT and some Melbourne EMU's. I miss the Aussie set that used to be around.

andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

There was poley's set on AMI but it had to be taken offline when he ran into some copyright problems...

zeak did send me his work and I need to put it up online at some point... I will do shortly

I'm looking forward to some aussie bits though... maybe Rai will play lomo yet...
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

cookie930 wrote: Couldn't that be in Version 2.
That's for sure ;-)
cookie930 wrote:Are you planning to do other Australian stuff after this is finished because theres nothing out there but an XPT and some Melbourne EMU's. I miss the Aussie set that used to be around.
I'm doing... but just some passenger trains - CountryLink trains,...etc...
cookie930
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cookie930 »

Hodkowicz wrote:
cookie930 wrote: Couldn't that be in Version 2.
That's for sure ;-)
cookie930 wrote:Are you planning to do other Australian stuff after this is finished because theres nothing out there but an XPT and some Melbourne EMU's. I miss the Aussie set that used to be around.
I'm doing... but just some passenger trains - CountryLink trains,...etc...
Sounds good im really looking forward to it. :bow:

popey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by popey »

andel wrote:There was poley's set on AMI but it had to be taken offline when he ran into some copyright problems...

zeak did send me his work and I need to put it up online at some point... I will do shortly

I'm looking forward to some aussie bits though... maybe Rai will play lomo yet...
Yeah, I'm still around keeping my head down around here.

The original set could be re-uploaded if you want to Andel, there was nothing wrong with it, just took it down as a precaution. It's just not to the quality of Plastik, SQ and Hodz here etc... even after I tried to improve it, so that's while I've never been bothered with it. Drop us a PM with email address if you still want it.

I really just lost interest in my set and was working on another set but that's stalled as well. I think my lomo CD is stuffed anyway...

Back on topic, this stuff is looking great guys, if you need any help or ideas give us a shout I'll see what I can do.

Nathan

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”