[REL] Cityrail Set 2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] Cityrail Set 1.2

Post by Hodkowicz »

wadeo1984 wrote:Hod, thank you! Great work! I'll have these downloaded in a wink! Do you have any plans for doing Brisbane stock?
No worries...
But i'm affraid i'm not going to make any train from Brisbane (well, may be one :) ), i focus on other Australian trains such as Tilt Train.

Anyway, don't tell me you are a land surveyor :shock:
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Yeah, I'm a Senior Mining Surveyor, and a Civil and Land Surveyor. Don't tell me you do the same?
Are you talking about the QR Tilt?
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
WafflerVCK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WafflerVCK »

Hodkowicz, great to see you still working on the project.
gazzabytes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzabytes »

Maybe a good idea to change the subject of this thread to show the update.

BTW, The set is excellent, can't wait until the XPT and Xplorer come out as well as the rest of the CityRail trains.
Gazzabytes

Join Perfect World - It's FREE
http://www.cubizone.com/register.asp?id ... B575A5C595
WafflerVCK
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] Cityrail Set 2.0

Post by WafflerVCK »

Updated OP.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

There is already an XPT in the BR set.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Kevo00 wrote:There is already an XPT in the BR set.
There is... but to be brutally honest, it doesn't look anything like this:

Nor does it greatly resemble the old livery:

I'm not having a go at anyone (particularly not the author of the BR Set version), but you can understand some of the anticipation, given the teaser we've been presented.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Hammo wrote:...
I'm not having a go at anyone (particularly not the author of the BR Set version), but you can understand some of the anticipation, given the teaser we've been presented.
No offence taken. I don't think I updated the XPT since I made the original a couple of years ago so it will look dated, especially compared to the work shown in that screenshot. :)

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
burrowoozilla
Engineer
Engineer
Location: 6 minutes north of Brisbane Central, 25 mins west from Airport. 10 mins southeast from Ferny Grove.

Post by burrowoozilla »

WafflerVCK wrote:This set contains several trains from all types of railway transport around Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It originated from my stay in this area.

Suburban trains provide operation in areas of the Greater Sydney (lines: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line, Bankstown Line, Inner West Line, Cumberland Line, Airport & East Hills Line, South Line, North Shore and Western Lines, Northern Line, Carlington Line and Olympic Park Sprint), whereas intercity trains operate also in further areas, e.g. city of Newcastle (Newcastle & Central Coast Line), city of Wollongong (South Coast Line), city of Goulburn (Southern Highlands Line) or city of Lithgow (Blue Mountains Line).
Regional trains operate from Newcastle to towns of Maitland, Dungog and Scone (Hunter Line). On this line, there are only diesel units in operation, whereas only double-deck electric units run on all other lines. Most of all units run as 4 or 8 car configurations (motor car + 2 trailers + motor car), sometimes they combine 2 units together.

For more information on CityRail trains see summary.

2.0 Update Log

Hunter RailCar
H-Set(OSCAR)

1.2 Update Log
From now on they can run in 6 carriage units (<M-T-T-M>-T-M>)

Includes:

-Suburban Trains-

CRSSETC.dat - CityRail S-Set (Comeng) 'Power Car'
CRSSETCP.dat - CityRail S-Set (Comeng) 'Passenger Carriage'
CRSSETG.dat - CityRail S-Set (Goninan) 'Power Car'
CRSSETGP.dat - CityRail S-Set (Goninan) 'Passenger Carriage'
CRTSET.dat - CityRail T-Set (Tangara) 'Power Car'
CRTSETPC.dat - CityRail T-Set (Tangara) 'Passenger Carriage'
CRMSET.dat - CityRail M-Set (Millenium) 'Power Car'
CRMSETPC.dat - CityRail M-Set (Millenium) 'Passenger Carriage'

-Intercity Trains-

CRUSET.dat - CityRail U-Set (U-Boat) 'Power Car'
CRUSETPC.dat - CityRail U-Set (U-Boat) 'Passenger Carriage'
CRVSET.dat - CityRail V-Set 'Power Car'
CRVSETPC.dat - CityRail V-Set 'Passenger Carriage'
CRGSET.dat - CityRail G-Set (Tangara) 'Power Car'
CRGSETPC.dat - CityRail G-Set (Tangara) 'Passenger Carriage'
CRHSET.dat - CityRail H-Set (Oscar) 'Power Car'
CRHSETPC.dat - CityRail H-Set (Oscar) 'Passenger Carriage'

-Regional Trains-

CR620.dat - CityRail 620/720 Class 'Multiple Unit'
CRENDEV.dat - CityRail Endeavour 'Multiple Unit'
*CRHUNTER.dat - CityRail Hunter 'Multiple Unit'

-Bonus-

AU4D.dat - AU Connex 4D 'Power Car'
AU4DPC.dat - AU Connex 4D 'Passenger Carriage'

Click the logo to download

[list]Thanks to:
Hodkowicz - Converting the models into high-res and continuing the project.

WafflerVCK - thanks for his help with information about the trains,
testing and converting the models originally.

Chris Jennings - the author of the B, M, S, V, U and Tulloch
MSTS models.

Brendan Robinson - the author of the 620/720 Class and Endeavour
MSTS models.

Michael Thompson - the author of the Tangara MSTS model.

Strongbow - thanks for his advice on the problem solved in update 1.1.

Everyone at the TT-Forums for helping us!

[/list][/b]

Well, that's an interest. I have two questions.

I has started to notice that some people can make trains or planes and other stuff.. Could you tell me which software that it can make trains and edit speed and other things.

Second quiz is, I tried to find "Sydney" scenario but unable to find it. Who have the link?
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

a) There is no one program to make vehicles for locomotion. There are a few guides out there. use the search. To edit vehicle stats, use "locotool". Again, use the search to find that.
b) There is no Sydney scenario.
c) Would you mind not quoting such a large block of text? If you need to, that's fine, but could you at least remove the images and [IMG] tags?
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Use the search, it's there for a reason, it doesn't squeal if you click on it, and it's got the power to search this entire site in less than a second!!
I'm guilty of it, but try to stay on topic. If you have a question about programs, search. If you don't find anything, then start a topic about it...
Finally, don't quote such large blocks, especially, as Hammo says, with bitmaps in them. For those of us who went over our download limit for this month, it takes a fairly long time to read just to sentences...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Zeak
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Zeak »

FYI I have a model of center point tower laying around on here somewhere. I can have a hunt for you if you want.
aciby
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aciby »

G'day

awesome work on the models guys.

one im trying to find i the red rattler, anyone know where i can find a set?

many thanks
steve
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

The what? p.s: Dont bump old topic please.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Sorry dude, don't think there are any red rattlers out for Locomotion. Though it would be nice if there were as obviously its a classic train.

And IA, Red Rattlers were the suburban trains used in Sydney before the present trains. Though that wasn't their official names, they were known as Red Rattlers.
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/145904 ... 3209DUuwVa

I don't see why he was digging if the question was relevant to the thread. Sometimes I think certain people just don't want newcomers to come to Loco.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I didnt saw the revelance hench the comment. And newcommers are welcome but they do need to use that grey stuff first. Instead of random posting.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
aciby
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aciby »

sorry if posted in the wrong area. but you can see why i saw the relevance of red rattlers when the topic name was cityrail...

thanks guys :)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I had no problem with your post, and it was more relevant to post here than create a new topic for it.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
C3805.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by C3805. »

aciby wrote:G'day

awesome work on the models guys.

one im trying to find i the red rattler, anyone know where i can find a set?

many thanks
steve
What he is referring to are the first Sydney single deck EMUs that were made in several batches from 1926 onwards to the last order in 1958, totaling 1060. The original wooden slide windows that came with the carriages, combined with the Tuscan/Indian red livery that was painted on from 1921 (original Bradfield cars) to 1972, and again from 1976, earned them the nickname "Red Rattlers". Public concerns of safety as well as numerous events of commuters falling from the trains (most were fitted with manually operated doors, only the last 1958 batch had power operated doors) led to their mass retirement and scrapping in 1994. Like Badger, I found nothing wrong with his post, and would love to see these in Lomo, in the various liveries they wore.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

To correct you, they were the first steel bodied EMUs on the network. The first EMUs on the network had wooden bodies.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”