[REL] Cityrail Set 2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [REL] Cityrail Set 1.1

Post by demontrain »

Hammo wrote:I know it's not possible now, I wasn't sure if it could be, but I still doubt it.

Anyway, that means we probably need some narrow gauge locos now...

And working on a sugar cane farm is possibly something I could help with later on, if you need any. Time to learn about the coding and sprites involved with industries... for at least one of us. :wink:
I modified a few city buildings to produce sugar and I've had a modified farm producing sugar for some time. I send the sugar in covered hoppers to (city building) bakery.

Also note the other cargo types. Some my own creations and others I can't recall who they belong to. I've had thoughts of adapting the winery to accept grain grapes and sugar but haven't gotten around to that yet. There are a few problems I've run accross with so many different cargo types and am still figuring out ways to get around them. As of now the most different cargo types I've been able to use in a game is 31. Granted many of them have the same ID as another. Grain and sugar are the same ID # which solves the adapt a vehicle issue.

I haven't released any of my adapted items due to I am not sure where that fine line of copyright is. I'll gladly release them once the grey area is cleared up. (most have new buildings of my creation tho the graphix look good to me they're not of the HQ that others produce.
Attachments
Screenshot0002.PNG
Screenshot0002.PNG (129 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hammo wrote:I know it's not possible now, I wasn't sure if it could be, but I still doubt it.

Anyway, that means we probably need some narrow gauge locos now...

And working on a sugar cane farm is possibly something I could help with later on, if you need any. Time to learn about the coding and sprites involved with industries... for at least one of us. :wink:
I'm with you there Hammo...

@ Hod: The Goninan S set seems to be rediculously low in terms of reliability...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

wadeo1984 wrote:The Goninan S set seems to be rediculously low in terms of reliability...
Hmm, all CityRail power cars should have the same reliability (96, passenger carriages - 100) so if you have any problem it's not because of wrong setting of reliability or me...
Maybe they are trying to be more realistic ;-)
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

I haven't really had any trouble with the Gonian S Sets.

But we've still got the problem with making 6 car sets (M-T-T-M-T-M). Maybe if we had a Driver trailer? Exactly the same model as the power car, just with 0 power. That might solve something by allowing us to run (M-T-T-M-DT-M). I'm not sure if the U-sets ever ran that way, but I know that the R sets and some V sets run that way.
Hodkowicz wrote:Maybe they are trying to be more realistic ;-)
I'll pay that one :lol:

And the M sets should start off with about 40% reliability when they're first introduced :)
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

:-D
Hammo wrote:But we've still got the problem with making 6 car sets (M-T-T-M-T-M). Maybe if we had a Driver trailer? Exactly the same model as the power car, just with 0 power. That might solve something by allowing us to run (M-T-T-M-DT-M). I'm not sure if the U-sets ever ran that way, but I know that the R sets and some V sets run that way.
Is this the situation you mean? <M-T-T-M>-T-M>
Attachments
Loco_obraz202.png
Loco_obraz202.png (23.09 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
gazzabytes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzabytes »

Hodkowicz wrote::-D
Hammo wrote:But we've still got the problem with making 6 car sets (M-T-T-M-T-M). Maybe if we had a Driver trailer? Exactly the same model as the power car, just with 0 power. That might solve something by allowing us to run (M-T-T-M-DT-M). I'm not sure if the U-sets ever ran that way, but I know that the R sets and some V sets run that way.
That setup works, but <M-T-<M-T-T-M> doesn't work.
Gazzabytes

Join Perfect World - It's FREE
http://www.cubizone.com/register.asp?id ... B575A5C595
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Hodkowicz wrote::-D
Yes. I tried that and couldn't get it to work... that's from v1.1 right?
I kept getting the message that I needed another power car before I could run it.
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

Hammo wrote:Yes. I tried that and couldn't get it to work... that's from v1.1 right?
I kept getting the message that I needed another power car before I could run it.
You're right. It doesn't want to run!!! :-( I didn't test it. Anyway, i know solution of it, but i have to switch off dualhead limitation, so it can be built with just one power car (two or more...).
I'll change it for S (Goninan, Comeng) and V Sets and do the 1.2 update.
gazzabytes wrote:That setup works, but <M-T-<M-T-T-M> doesn't work.
It works...look at the picture below. You have to switch the direction then take the train off rails and place it back.
Attachments
Loco_obraz203.png
Loco_obraz203.png (37.8 KiB) Viewed 3423 times
Loco_obraz204.png
Loco_obraz204.png (30.27 KiB) Viewed 3423 times
gazzabytes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzabytes »

Is it just me or is there a noticable gap between the 2nd and 3rd cars in the second pic?
Gazzabytes

Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

gazzabytes wrote:Is it just me or is there a noticable gap between the 2nd and 3rd cars in the second pic?
That's just an honest imitation of reality. If that were a real Cityrail train, several of the doors would have a sticker pasted across them as they had been rendered inoperable. We'd have also probably had a derailment and 70% of the trains either late or cancelled. So I think that having a few gaps isn't really such a bad thing :P

On a serious note, yes. That happens a bit in some mods, I've found. Nothing's perfect, but I can't say that I really notice it when I'm playing. It's certainly much better than it was in the beta!
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

gazzabytes wrote:Is it just me or is there a noticable gap between the 2nd and 3rd cars in the second pic?
Have you ever played with them? :shock: It's one of the LM bugs and every long train (longer than original LM trains) has problems with these gaps. (just from this view)
Last edited by Hodkowicz on 15 Jun 2008 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
gazzabytes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gazzabytes »

Hodkowicz wrote:
Have you ever play with them? :shock: It's one of the LM bugs and every long train (longer than original LM trains) has problems with these gaps. (just from this view)
I have played with them.

I created a ficticous scenario with British climate and town names and a mix of locomotion default, CityRail v1.1, BR Set and Plastikman's US Sets and haven't had that gap noticeable.
Gazzabytes

Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

If you pause the game, you will see gaps...(not always) :-(
And as you can see it's not just a problem of newly created trains but all long ones...
Attachments
Loco_obraz205.png
Loco_obraz205.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 3349 times
Loco_obraz206.png
Loco_obraz206.png (11.95 KiB) Viewed 3350 times
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

like gazzabytes, I too have played with a mixture of BR and cityrail, and I haven't noticed the larger spacing. It all looks pretty normal on my computer.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

As I said. It's visible only from a side view. And if you don't want to see the gaps, you should't pause the game! ;-)
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hodkowicz wrote:As I said. It's visible only from a side view. And if you don't want to see the gaps, you should't pause the game! ;-)
I can't say I've ever paused the game. You don't make money standing still (unless of course you happen to be the CEO of Maquarie Bank...)! Another train which could make it into V1.3 is the PL class, whilst not a CityRail Train, they are seen a fair bit on the network, hauling container traffic. It'd be a good one to do from scratch, due to its simplicity.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Funny... I've never seen a PL class on the network. I see plenty of 81 and 82 class, but not much else. It may depend on which line you're on, though.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hammo wrote:Funny... I've never seen a PL class on the network. I see plenty of 81 and 82 class, but not much else. It may depend on which line you're on, though.
They are a modified 48 Class used by Patricks and Toll on container traffic from the south west to Botany. Nothing special, just different. 81 and 82 would be good too. I know ze germans have a couple in their soon to be released set.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

wadeo1984 wrote:
Hammo wrote:Funny... I've never seen a PL class on the network. I see plenty of 81 and 82 class, but not much else. It may depend on which line you're on, though.
They are a modified 48 Class used by Patricks and Toll on container traffic from the south west to Botany. Nothing special, just different. 81 and 82 would be good too. I know ze germans have a couple in their soon to be released set.
I may be wrong here, but I thought that That set is:
Plastikman wrote:
Hammo wrote:I think there's something of that order going on over at fanpage... not sure what they're up to, or if it's even still under development.
Unfortunately, both of the developers of that set are MIA, no one knows their whereabouts. I am not saying it is a dead project. but, she is sitting idol for now. it has been over 2 months since one has logged in and othe ther logged in once in over 3 month, he has not even been on his msn.
This set, meaning that it may never be released.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hammo wrote:
wadeo1984 wrote:
I may be wrong here, but I thought that That set is:
Plastikman wrote:
Hammo wrote:I think there's something of that order going on over at fanpage... not sure what they're up to, or if it's even still under development.
Unfortunately, both of the developers of that set are MIA, no one knows their whereabouts. I am not saying it is a dead project. but, she is sitting idol for now. it has been over 2 months since one has logged in and othe ther logged in once in over 3 month, he has not even been on his msn.
This set, meaning that it may never be released.
I was chatting with walter from over there, he's just outta hospital, and said the set is starting to progress again and hasn't carked it. but time will tell.
Hey, have you Sydneysiders heard of anything more on that new train pictured in ur avatar?

Later
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”