[Rel] VIA Rail Pack. 2.1

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [WIP] VIA Rail Pack.

Post by OC_4106 »

Plastikman wrote:I Found I nice little site on the VIA RDC

I am going to try and get this out ASAP I have just had it sitting on MY PC for a long time. I have not even Beta tested it so it might be buggy, I'll release updates as bugs are found. The RDC's and PA's might not make this pack (I can't find them on My laptop and my Desktops are dead ATM). I am making the install as I Type this out.
That site is all about 6148 (the unit in my pictures) lol
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I saw something kind of cool today, How come no one has pointed this puppy out before?

ultradome.jpg
ultradome.jpg (89.35 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
It is kind of nice looking. a Baggage car converted to a single level dome car.
there are only 3 running on VIA. They were built for the Florida Fun Train, but were left incomplete when the operation shut down. In 2000, the cars were completed for Panorama service on BC Rail's Whistler Northwind train.BC Rail's passenger service was discontinued in October 2002, they were sold to VIA Rail for service on the scenic Skeena passenger train.

I am not sure if i can reskin an existing car or if i would have to model a whole new one for this puppy. the sides wrapping onto the roof for the windows might be more work then it is worth.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I think you can reskin it, if you make it look good, you could maybe even release it for MSTS.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

the problem is that the windows wrap from the side over the roof so you have to line all of that up. many roof skins are just a small square streached of the roof or not to the same scale.

It looks like only a few people take that into account. like when SQ makes his skins, he takes that into account. the same with mine I make skins that wrap so i can paint roofs to match side details.

Anyways. this is ready for release I hope to have it on AMI today. I just need to make the Readme
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Rel] VIA Rail Pack. 2.1

Post by Plastikman »

Sorry for the long delay and saying it was done, Yet, I never released it.
Time has just been working against me.
I hope it is worth the wait. There will probably be a few bugs to spring up.
Please report any bugs. post your screen shots tell me if it is good or bad....

thanks.
NEcorridor
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NEcorridor »

Hey plastikman check out this
http://www.ovar.ca/Railfan/via/via6432.jpg
the via rail kool aid train
ALAMEDA CORRIDOR Map (WIP)

It's been revived
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

That fits in TTD toyland! :lol:
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

So?

Bugs? Thoughts on the set? .....

Is it that bad that i should just take the beta down and never release it? ~evil laugh~

Let me know if it needs more work or if it should die away into a dusty corner...
Jf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jf »

Really good, just to busy in trying it to give an evaluation. They appear like the real one and I didn't see bugs for now. Good job !
PrinceB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PrinceB »

Lookin good P. lookin good.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Ok, just a quick flashback to this pack.

I was rendering P40/P42's and F40PH's in MHQ lastnight. While redoing the VIA F40PH, I ran across a picture of the Spider-Man 2 Promo train and tossed it on a train just to see How much detail I can put in Lomo. It is not that bad....

Anyways.. I am not planning on repacking this entire set for a promo train so here you go.
via-spiderman.jpg
via-spiderman.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
SPIDERMAN.png
SPIDERMAN.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 3548 times
Spiderman.rar
(819.95 KiB) Downloaded 2180 times
I have never seen the right side of this promo train so the banner may be "backwards". If so, do we really care?
I did not set the dates to when the promo ran. I just left it open and will trust You. (in lomo scale it could be spidy 1,2,3 or 8 )
Anyways, if enough people ask, maybe I'll Make more of the VIA promo trains.
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

Now, that's hot! I'm not a big diesel person, but I got to have this in my fleet. Superb work, Plastik. Thanks.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Jf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jf »

Really hot. I don't often use promotional stuff while playing but you made a so much good job that I think I will start using some.
djmerlin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by djmerlin »

nice spiderman train

i have it in my game to

great work Plastikman

Trainmania

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35209
OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OC_4106 »

Well it says to report bugs on here but I couldn't find where directly to post bugs, I want to install the VIA Rail Set but the North American Pack 2.0 Full exe file won't let me install it in my loco file because it says that it is not my loco file. I think this is a bug?

And of course 2.1 won't let me install it without 2.0
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

eerrr... uhhh.... it should find your locomotion game install via your registry.

you should not have to change the install path, only have to hit "next" and watch it and go (after You read the readme)... the only problem i might see, is if you have vista 64 bit or you renamed your lomo.exe.

perhaps a little more information so we can get You up and running?
OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OC_4106 »

Plastikman wrote:eerrr... uhhh.... it should find your locomotion game install via your registry.

you should not have to change the install path, only have to hit "next" and watch it and go (after You read the readme)... the only problem i might see, is if you have vista 64 bit or you renamed your lomo.exe.

perhaps a little more information so we can get You up and running?
Well the only thing I did ever change was the exe when I found and installed a no-cd crack as I was tired of having to put in the CD. But it has been recognized as a regular exe until now.

I still have the good ol' Windows XP.

Also do I need to install the patch that apparently came out for Locomotion?

EDIT: NVM I installed the patch and I put back the regular exe and it still won't reconize it as the true locomotion folder.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

the install is looking for #InstallDir#\objdata\trackst.dat

so whereever you re installing to, it cant see locomotion\objdata\trackst.dat

make sure the install path goes to the root of the game;

prog_file/atari/Locomotion

NOT TO
prog_files/atari/locomotion/objdata

Are You on Vista? (not that it should matter, it is a vista compliant install)

to answer the other question.. you chould go head and patch to 1.76 then use your CD. there are also nocd patches for 1.76 out there. i use one myself since i have no cd drive on my laptop..

Edit. ok i am wron
OC_4106
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OC_4106 »

Plastikman wrote:the install is looking for #InstallDir#\objdata\trackst.dat

so whereever you re installing to, it cant see locomotion\objdata\trackst.dat

make sure the install path goes to the root of the game;

prog_file/atari/Locomotion

NOT TO
prog_files/atari/locomotion/objdata

Are You on Vista? (not that it should matter, it is a vista compliant install)

to answer the other question.. you chould go head and patch to 1.76 then use your CD. there are also nocd patches for 1.76 out there. i use one myself since i have no cd drive on my laptop..

Edit. ok i am wron
If I've installed a mod that changes my trackst.dat should it affect this installation?

EDIT: Whoops, I just searched around in my objdate folder and I noticed I don't have a trackst.dat, so I renamed a file that probably actually is my trackst.dat so I think I've solved it, I will report back in a bit.

EDIT: It works! Thanks man, now to find that nocd patch for the 1.76 patch.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

next question is how the heck did lomo start without that file? is should just do the never ending train loop.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”