[WIP] BR Station Pack

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Grudz
Engineer
Engineer

[WIP] BR Station Pack

Post by Grudz »

After a couple of ours playing with PaintShop Pro G-Tank-G and myself have been exploring the possibility of UK style platforms, based on that brilliant German pack. We're only just playing around with it at the moment, but some feedback and assistance with some of the station buildings would be appreciated.
Attachments
GrudzWorks.PNG
GrudzWorks.PNG (69.05 KiB) Viewed 24219 times
Grudz
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

...and a screenshot from me :D hope u like.. or love
Attachments
see the lights
see the lights
Screenshot15.png (769.83 KiB) Viewed 24310 times
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

Ummmm..PLEASE?.....those would be perfect for the AMI trains set
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

WOW! Those station platforms look superb. Keep us informed.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I'm not a loco player but one thing I would say is that is difficult to tell the difference between vertecal surfaces and horizontal surfaces, especially "behind the yellow line" on the island platform in particular. Otherwise it looks good!
Grudz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grudz »

Well spotted, I thought something didn't look quite right but couldn't figure out what.
Grudz
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Ameecher wrote:I'm not a loco player but one thing I would say is that is difficult to tell the difference between vertecal surfaces and horizontal surfaces, especially "behind the yellow line" on the island platform in particular. Otherwise it looks good!
done :)
Attachments
UK Platform2.PNG
UK Platform2.PNG (40.44 KiB) Viewed 23946 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That looks very nice!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

That GNER thing should have a makeover...

I was thinking; isnt it possible to make station acting like for example industries, so you have a basic platform and then when you want to have a big building or something you could "fund" it, maybe its even possible to add a new menu.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

looking really good !! nice to see my class 508s and class 142 & 150 to 8) 8)
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Illegal_Alien wrote:That GNER thing should have a makeover...

I was thinking; isnt it possible to make station acting like for example industries, so you have a basic platform and then when you want to have a big building or something you could "fund" it, maybe its even possible to add a new menu.
So, you mean, for example, one of the farms silos ontop of a platform?

because that is possible, on 'RobinH's great additions pack', it has a silo as a platform. However RobinH coded that as a signal, but it looks like a platform. So really this pack, and RobinH's, are for visual purposes. however some of the platform Robin drew, and the platforms i drew, are coded as stations. so it will expand your station area. good eh? ;)

The platform edges are a track piece add-on. Which means it's not built as a station, it just looks like it. And from RobinH's pack, theres a station with an almost invisible sprite, so it would appear that the train stops at the platform edge track add-on, but the game is coded that it is really stopping at the invisible station,

For the seperate menu is possible, because (again) on RobinH's pack, the station add-ons are build on a seperate, and almost invisible track.

Quite complicated I know, so my hint is, if you didn't understand any bit of what i said, try out his pack and see for yourself... or wait until me and grudz release this one ;)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

No i mean that you could build a station, just the way you place for example the lighthouse. Its doesnt do anything with your cachment area, its only cosmetic.

Difficult to explain.

I dont use that pack because i dont like it.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

ooohhhh... so build the light-house like u do for one of my platforms?

or build a platform the same way has you'd build a lighthouse (somehow), or a tree... :? ?( :oops:
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, you make the station on the old fasion way, but you are putting the station buildings/roofs just like the tree/lighthouse and stuff.
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

so without the track?

it could be possible yeah... but by building it as a tree the town's authority would approve with you more as u keep building stations
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, the tree way was an example, but i think you now understand it :P, if i am correct you will get 200+ possibility`s for making stations, and if you make your station as "building" blocks, the variation would be endless.
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

release date?
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

jonnie47 wrote:release date?
Its done when its done, and its done when its finished.
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

jonnie47 wrote:release date?
when im done lol sorry. i honestly dont know when me and grudz (well mostly me) will finish this pack. Too be honest I'm strugling on designs for stations lol.

And I.A the only way that u can build a lighthouse or transmitter is through the scenario builder. or is there another way?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I dont know, compare a industry with a scenery object ?

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”