[WIP] BR Station Pack

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

And tomorrow I'll be doing an abusive spree... but for today...
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Grudz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grudz »

Sorry their hasn't been any updates for a while, me n Geoff had to put it to one side for a bit, whilst we concentrate on life. Hopefully we will have more time to work on the pack soon
Grudz
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

any more news gents ? 8)
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

When want you to bring out your parcel with the new signals?
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

news gents?
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I think Real Life has caught up with them...

Andelibob
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Ok, thanks, then I must wait. :cry:
scrabble
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by scrabble »

When will this be released :?: or has it been released somewhere else :?:
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Hey guys,
First of all i'd like to say, sorry that we (me and Grudz) aint been round to give you news 'n' updates, even releases. Life has basically, caught up on us, with exams and work etc, u kno life, just like what andle had said;
I think Real Life has caught up with them...
A little, small, teenie-weenie, tiny problem, is that my hard drive decided to wipe everything.. and yes.. including lomo. :(
However, luckily, Grudz has the signals and all that jazz on his, so all not lost, but i gotta do a few things again, like codings and sprites, nothing really :| S no worries... i've got lots of time to work on the pack. :D

Once again i'm sorry for the long wait for an update, and sorry for an even longer wait for the release, but remember; good things come to those who wait ;)
Grudz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grudz »

Hi guys!! Geoff and I decided that our first attempt wasn't good enough, so we've had a re-think to how we are going to approach this. During the first attempt we were basically learning all the different things within in Loco.

As soon as Geoff stops stressin about x and y offsets I'll get him to post a few screenies of the progress so far
Grudz
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Okay, here's some screenshots of some of what i've done so far.
what i have done is;
  • Improved graphics on signal gantries, and platforms
  • Made a track for the platforms clearer, and easier to place platforms etc.
  • Made the platforms as Track mods (like a 3rd rail, or overheads) this will, and should, make it much easier, and quicker, to build the platforms
Soon I'll be making 4-aspect signal gantry and semaphores.

But right now, I've been improving the X and Y offsets for the sprites for the signals, and their feathers. Right now its a matter of working out the offsets by guessing. So does anyone know how to work out the X and Y offsets to make things easier, quicker, and better?

Also if there is any suggestions, comments, questions, even requests about what me n grudz (mainly me) are doing then just say.

Hope you all like what you see on the screenshots :D
Attachments
Screenshot9.PNG
Screenshot9.PNG (469.76 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
Screenshot8.PNG
Screenshot8.PNG (469.76 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hey, that looks good. I have been making searchlight, dwarf and gantry signals and a ton of station items, and bridges for the US Set recently and ugh... the fun one was making a 50 story building.. getting the first x/y is a pain, after that it all falls into place. if you guys are stuck, feel free to PM me.

~edit~ it looks like the gantry clips as the train goes under it?
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Yeah i've also spotted out that problem about the clipping and i cant find a way to fix that. Its also making the sprite look like the gantry in the middle of the grid along the track, AND in line with the gantry going the opposite way. as u see the vertical poles start at the corners of the grid, but when you rotate the view twice (or 180 degrees) it looks like the signals have moved along the grid to the other side. So if i make it centre it wont move, but its the offsets which is a pain in the 'You Know What'.

Is the offsets to do with the dimensions of the image of the sprite. Or, is the offsets basically guess work? If so, then what?
Because how i do it is, at first i make the offsets as; xofs="-1" yofs="-1". Then I move the sprite about, and just thinking ahead (as i do) I'm gunna have the same trouble with the offsets for the feathers, the 4-aspect signals, and if I ever get to it the semaphores.
I just have a feeling that there is a way to work out a sprites offset, but what is it lol. Grudz and Myself had tried to work it out for a while but failed.

...and thanks Plastikman, I'll probably PM you about those station items sometime in the future, hehe
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I like it... I'd love to see one maybe integrated into a station to make the station look longer....
Andel
[/size]
DJ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DJ »

When is this been relased???
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

You have to cut the gantry in half and have it come from both sides and meet in the middle to remove the clip. similar to how a covered station is made. I am not sure if the xml will let you build on both sides of the track at once for a one way signal. that is something i'll have to deal with myself soon. as far as pushing crap around with the x/y it litteraly is 1 unit is lke 1 pixel at a time. along the x/y map. i'll add you to my MSN and fill you in on more info.

we should just combine sets into the "AMI object replacemment pack".. LOL

DJ wrote:When is this been relased???
it's not
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

you made the signalbridge from scratch?
G-TANK-G
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by G-TANK-G »

Seelenquell wrote:you made the signalbridge from scratch?
Indeed i did, but i used the signals you gave me a while back as a template for how high to make it etc. :D
Grudz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [WIP] BR Station Pack

Post by Grudz »

hi folks,

just a quick update on progress

We've been messing around with some of the sprites and all is lookin impressive, however with the news of the guys from Germany recieving permission from Atari to play around with the naughty stuff in loco we're gonna see what can be done with that.
Grudz
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] BR Station Pack

Post by Plastikman »

Grudz wrote:hi folks,

just a quick update on progress

We've been messing around with some of the sprites and all is lookin impressive, however with the news of the guys from Germany recieving permission from Atari to play around with the naughty stuff in loco we're gonna see what can be done with that.
LOL,, yeah i sort of went into stop and hold and see whats up mode myself on the US bridges and stations... altho we discovered a funn lil toy that will be unvieled real soon i hope.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”