source code for Vehicle creator now available

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

ghostknife
Engineer
Engineer

source code for Vehicle creator now available

Post by ghostknife »

Back in Sept 05 I talked nicely to Scrat (remember him, creator of 'vehicle creator' and numerous other wonderful things. He stopped coming here after a dispute with another member and halted his various projects). Well I pesuaded him to share the source code with me for the part of vehicle creator that allows you to generate the 136. bmp images of an MSTS model. I hoped to finish off some bits like stopping the tilting of MSTS models when going up/down slopes and to try and get the additional images needed for steam locos.
Well I had good intentions to do it but unfortunately I had an attack of 'real life' which intruded rudely into my gaming and shows no signs of going away. My free time is like unicorn **** I just can't find any and I cant justify sitting on this program any longer.

So I'm throwing it open to you the members!
If you have the programing ability in visual basic 6 then drop me an e-mail at msts2locomotion@yahoo.co.uk

Bare in mind this is'nt the full vehicle creator program, just the part that converts MSTS models into usable .bmps for further conversion to locomotion. But Scrat has hinted to me that if a good job is made of fixing this he may well part with the full code for vehicle creator.

So don't be shy come forward.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

*bump*

I know i'm bumping old topics, but this one shouldnt be allowed to die, anyone have the skills to help??
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

MajorDuck wrote:*bump*

I know i'm bumping old topics, but this one shouldnt be allowed to die, anyone have the skills to help??
i argee, i would love to see it myself but i dont even have vb installed anymore.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Visscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Visscher »

I would love to help as well, but i dont have the knowledge for VB. I do know a bit of Delphi, C++ and java (simple school programming).

If you think i could help you please send me a pm and i will have a look at it.
geordie_bri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by geordie_bri »

I know basic VB6 programming, it's whats used in my A-level computing class. I've also got a perfectly legal :wink: copy of VB6 as well.

I wouldn't mind a gander at the source code, but i don't i'll be able to make any adjustments....

Bri
ghostknife
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ghostknife »

Interest has been shown!
Major Duck and Andel have been sent the source code and taken the heavy burden from me.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

ghostknife wrote:Interest has been shown!
Major Duck and Andel have been sent the source code and taken the heavy burden from me.
Indeed but don't expect anything soon peeps, i need to re-learn the basics as i havent touched any programming for a few years, and im not sure of andels capabilites, but we'll try :D
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

MajorDuck wrote:
ghostknife wrote:Interest has been shown!
Indeed but don't expect anything soon peeps, i need to re-learn the basics as i havent touched any programming for a few years, and im not sure of andels capabilites, but we'll try :D
did someone mention coffee?

I'm looking at it... so I'll obviously tell you all nothing until i get somewhere....
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Banjobeni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Banjobeni »

I know i'm bumbing this thread, but I tried to send an email to the above mentioned adress and GMX told me the account no longer exists. That leads me to two questions:
1. Is there a new version of MSTS2Loco available to download so the email adress is not necessary anymore? If so, can someone give me a link to the new version?
2. Or can someone send me the sourcecode to b.ernst@gmx.ch? I'm doing much vb6 and am good in maths so i could do the changes myself and put the result online...

thx, Banjobeni
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Er no?

To be honest i dont realy trust a guy who is comming here and directly asking for a sourcecode. Espacialy if its a new account.

But welcome anyway :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Banjobeni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Banjobeni »

Well, i might be a newbie here, thats true. But visit http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net - I'm a bit better known there. You can also search in the filebase for my username Banjobeni and see the models.

What can I do to make you trust me? I just want to make the tilting work, if someone didn't do it already.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

drop me a PM.
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Banjobeni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Banjobeni »

done.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Banjobeni wrote:Well, i might be a newbie here, thats true. But visit http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net - I'm a bit better known there. You can also search in the filebase for my username Banjobeni and see the models.

What can I do to make you trust me? I just want to make the tilting work, if someone didn't do it already.
Tilting as the hill stuff? Well, if you could also implement the tilting in corners (as the APT) and steamer thing then you recieve a kiss from me :lol:

Well, ok maybe "trust" not a good work, but welcome again :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Banjobeni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Banjobeni »

Tilting in corners is not possible - at least not the way i think you want it to. The problem is that you cant tell exactly from the angle if the train is in a curve.
I'm gonna take some screenshots to help understanding what I mean.

EDIT: Implemented now, read further
Last edited by Banjobeni on 19 Jul 2006 15:09, edited 2 times in total.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Pikkabird did once make it with its Turbotrain. But how i dont know.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

i made one too, but not with the converter. i tilted the train 8° and rerendered it. left right middle.
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Banjobeni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Banjobeni »

Hm, does Locomotion use special sprites when the train is in a curve?
Isn't it the same sprite in a right curve and in a left curve when the angle (seen from the top) is the same?
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I'd take apart the APT and have a look
Andel
[/size]
Banjobeni
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Banjobeni »

I'm on it. It looks to me that every single sprite is tripled (L,M,R), but it also looks quite complicated. Are there sitches in the xml that control the behaviour of those sprites?

Edit: ok, it doesnt seem to be sooo hard to realize this. I dont know how MSTS2Loco is built inside but with a simple one-part Vehicle (No extra part for the weels) it should be realizable.
Last edited by Banjobeni on 17 Jul 2006 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”