AMI Donation Drive 2011

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

AMI Donation Drive 2011

Post by andel »

Hullo

During the switch to new software, we raised about £40... we have a need to raise a little bit more - I'm grateful to those who have donated already... to those who haven't, if you can, we'd appreciate it if you could spare a few quid to support this website.

www.amitrains.co.uk - if you donate, you get the exclusive bus pack... and you never know, we have more buses awaiting... which you'll be given access to.

Many thanks in advance
Andel
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: AMI Donation Drive 2011

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Only a bus? I can remember something else i gave. :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
flint
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flint »

I thought there were Chicago Passenger Cars for Metra and CNW in there too? :?
Long Live CNW!!!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

flint wrote:I thought there were Chicago Passenger Cars for Metra and CNW in there too? :?
Probably - I can't remember - I mainly make sure the hosting is still there for the future :-)

Andel
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Yes there is some other stuff.
Attachments
animated.gif
animated.gif (86.53 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (57.58 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (50.83 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

and even more....
Attachments
animated.gif
animated.gif (66.28 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (70.51 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (73.57 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

a few busses... (not all pictured)
Attachments
animated.gif
animated.gif (55.5 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (55.79 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (54.25 KiB) Viewed 4112 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Start of some new stuff for it. I plan to add metro north and cdot comets and amtrash horizons...
Attachments
animated.gif
animated.gif (64.36 KiB) Viewed 4111 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (258.82 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (258.86 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Some nice bits there... but here's a kicker for you all...

I'm considering chucking the towel in when the pot runs out. I need about £40 - make it £50 to cover the extra month - donation pack or not - if you want to keep the website and its repository and ability to always be there, i need some donations.
Andel
[/size]
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Thats a wake up call from the big man himself.

I was considering some added exclusive content over the next month or two, including the big boy repaints and some spine car sets.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hey everyone.

I just looked at the Download Statistics on AMI.

there are currently 113 packs/files available for download on AMI totaling a file size of about 650MB.
There have been 22,153 downloads in the last 4 months. I am sure the bandwidth has been through the roof. all of that is not counting my updates hosted off site. (that site used almost a Terabyte last month)

Those are pretty impressive numbers. To maintain a web-host on this level is not cheap....
Lets keep this going...

Thanks,
John
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Plastikman wrote:Hey everyone.

I just looked at the Download Statistics on AMI.

there are currently 113 packs/files available for download on AMI totaling a file size of about 650MB.
There have been 22,153 downloads in the last 4 months. I am sure the bandwidth has been through the roof. all of that is not counting my updates hosted off site. (that site used almost a Terabyte last month)

Those are pretty impressive numbers. To maintain a web-host on this level is not cheap....
Lets keep this going...

Thanks,
John
And those are *some* stats.

So - I'm into my last 48 hrs. If we don't hit the target by Sunday, then I don't think I will keep this going. I've had one donation and I thank them for it - it might be enough to keep it going another month.

Andel
Andel
[/size]
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

i will try to get some in by monday night, at least 15 dollars, lets all pull together here AMI is a great recourse and it would suck if it went down

another possibility could be adding in adds (not ideal i know, but it would help)
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

rdrdrdrd wrote:i will try to get some in by monday night, at least 15 dollars, lets all pull together here AMI is a great recourse and it would suck if it went down

another possibility could be adding in adds (not ideal i know, but it would help)
we have google ads but they rely on genuine clicks and we prefer people actually purchase from our advertisers.

We also prefer our very clean look.
Andel
[/size]
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

This year i'll try to make a donation. I really want to help keeping the site up.
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

The Tram man wrote:This year i'll try to make a donation. I really want to help keeping the site up.
Okidoke

6 hrs left.
Andel
[/size]
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

well damn, i cant donate till tomorrow night, EST, well looks like the beginning of the end of AMI ;(

could we set up a private server and run off that?
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

andel wrote:
The Tram man wrote:This year i'll try to make a donation. I really want to help keeping the site up.
Okidoke

6 hrs left.
Only 4 hours left now!? I thought it lasted all year!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

rdrdrdrd wrote:well damn, i cant donate till tomorrow night, EST, well looks like the beginning of the end of AMI ;(

could we set up a private server and run off that?
We have the best deal we can and a lot of good will from Owen. I've had enough now and I want to make sure Owen is paid... I would suggest that unless we see some donations soon, I will keep the site offline.
Andel
[/size]
Adam64♂
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Adam64♂ »

Can't the deadline wait a little longer. I would love to donate but I can't for about the next to two days.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”