[Request] Airplanes?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

bitsoffish
Engineer
Engineer

[Request] Airplanes?

Post by bitsoffish »

Could anyone be so kind to make new airplanes for loco? Such as the Airbus 340-600, Boeing 757 & 767? I find that the game lacks modern planes. there is a huge gap between the 777 and the A380
Last edited by bitsoffish on 17 Oct 2004 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
JTanczos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [Request] Airplanes?

Post by JTanczos »

Ide also love to see more planes. I miss the more advanced planes from TTDX. The futuristic replacement for the concorde and the like. I have to wonder what happened to his original 3d models that he couldnt just render higher res graphics for the new game. Atari does own rights to Transport Tycoon doesnt it?

We NEED a bigger cargo plane. An easy mod would be to make the Boeing C-18
Designation given to eight ex- airline Boeing 707-320Cs acquired by USAF in 1981.
or C-19.
Version of commercial Boeing 747 personnel cargo transport ordered for Air National Guard. Order cancelled before any could be acquired. One of my references has 19 examples being modified for Civil Reserve Air Force use in case of national emergencies. Planes remain in civilian service until called up by the Secretary of Defense.
Personally I want to see a Private jet that can hold 8 or so passengers. Would be virtually useless except for eyecandy. I have a heliport at select places on the map so I can fly my helicopter there when im bored. Sometimes when I hate the long flying time I send my helicopter to the airport ahead of me then get on my 737 at my private airport and head out to the nearest airport to my destination. Then take my copter the rest of the way. Replacing vehicals gets tedious so sometimes I pretend im in the game. :shock:

JT
Attachments
Me going nuts.JPG
Me going nuts.JPG (27.68 KiB) Viewed 7007 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Loco also needs cargo version of the A380.
bitsoffish
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bitsoffish »

There u have it A380F... Freighter version of A380
Attachments
A380.zip
A380F
(205.77 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

all the planes are refittable
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Born Acorn wrote:all the planes are refittable
I don't think all the planes can refit to all cargos though, you can't for example take livestock or grain by the Lockheed C-130.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Born Acorn wrote:all the planes are refittable
Two points:
1.) Not all are (ie, the C-130)
2.) And for those that are, refitting only allows the option of Mail, Goods, Food, or Grapes. In addition, the refitted capacity is only the passenger limit divided by 2.5.
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
- Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942
Paasky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Paasky »

Ofcourse the cargo capacities are 2½ less than the passengers. Remember that the cargos are measured in tonnes, which is a lot more than 1 person...
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Paasky wrote:Ofcourse the cargo capacities are 2½ less than the passengers. Remember that the cargos are measured in tonnes, which is a lot more than 1 person...
Aye, I'm quite aware of that, seeing as how last time I was weighed, there were only three numbers, not four. :)

What I was getting at is that refitted vehicles have a much smaller capacity than those with specific cargo carrying capabilities. Kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of deal.
"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
- Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Antonov AN-225

Post by maartena »

The game should have a Antonov AN-225, the largest freight airplane of the world! First introduced in the mid-80ties, with the intention of hauling the Russian version of the Space Shuttle which never took flight.
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

I could have sworn the Buran flew at least once (and completely automatic, and carries a lot more cargo than the US version, and all components of the launch vehicle are reused)

In fact, it was:
The first and only orbital launch of the shuttle Buran was at 3:00 GMT on November 15, 1988.
It's quite depressing, really, that the second and third were dismantled (and their factory put to new use building buses, diapers and syringes) in spite of the original performing a perfect flight (including surviving a 34kt crosswind when landing)

According to another article, though, the one existing shuttle is still ready to go, as it presently carries 5 times the cargo of the dodgy US shuttle (100 tons instead of 20) and could carry 200.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

You guys know the easy way to tell Airbuses from Boeings?

See the little 'dorsal fin' part on the top of the fuselage? Boeing has one, Airbus has two.

See the side windows of the cockpit? Airbus is straight, while Boeing has that little 'dip', to let the pilot look backwards.

Good places to start, at least, with your planespotting.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

What Loco does need is a heavy cargo helicopter, the CN-47D Chinook Would be best choice(also produced by Boeing)
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

Akalamanaia wrote:What Loco does need is a heavy cargo helicopter, the CN-47D Chinook Would be best choice(also produced by Boeing)
Agreed but we would need bigger helipads for this althogh I think someone is making a VTOL Station which it could use.
Paasky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Paasky »

Making new planes isn't that hard: 1) Get a model for one from, let's say Flightsim. 2) Render it from all directions. 3) Make the render's into png's. I could start making some planes sometime ;)
CyberBoy
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CyberBoy »

Hmm, the Sonic Cruiser and 7E7 aren't included in locomotion?

If not, a mod with them would be great!
[account deleted]
Paasky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Paasky »

Here's one nice futuristic plane (~2015)
Flying Wing:

Code: Select all

Wingspan 289 feet(88.1 meters)
Height 40.9 feet (12.5 meters)
Length 160.8 feet (49 meters) 
Engines three high-bypass-ratio jet engines
Passenger Capacity 800 
Range 7,000 miles (11,265 km) 
Cruising Speed 486 knots (560 mph / 900 kph)
http://travel.howstuffworks.com/flying-wing2.htm
cheng
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cheng »

CyberBoy wrote:Hmm, the Sonic Cruiser and 7E7 aren't included in locomotion?

If not, a mod with them would be great!
7E7?
Bring us the planning Airbus A350 for completing 7E7 then!

Actually, how to make a new planes or edit the existing for Locomotion?

P.S.: Hello! I'm new here!
Charles Cheng

http://www.kaitak.tk/ - freeware addons for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 and 2004
José Eduardo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by José Eduardo »

Paasky wrote:Making new planes isn't that hard: 1) Get a model for one from, let's say Flightsim. 2) Render it from all directions. 3) Make the render's into png's. I could start making some planes sometime ;)
to start, sorry to reopen this topic, but what tools i need to make this???

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”