How to modify scenarios to include some vehicles, rails etc?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

The Fjonis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

How to modify scenarios to include some vehicles, rails etc?

Post by The Fjonis »

Hi!

I thought I'd start playing LoMo again after long break. So I downloaded some nice scenarios that I wanted to edit and modify to include the vehicles, rails etc that I have downloaded already. However, in the long run, it gets quite tiresome to have to manually select all the vehicles etc in the scenario editor for each new game I start up.. Is there a way to make these auto select?

Also, sometimes when modifying scenarios (not landscapes, but scenarios with towns, roads etc already on them), it is impossible to un-toggle some types of road and bridges that interfere with the stuff that I want to put in my game in the scenario editor, because they already appear on the map.. Is there a way to cleanse the map of towns, roads etc?

Thanks! :)
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

You could try to delete all bridges and roads by hand with autopauze.
After you have removed them all, unthick them.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
The Fjonis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Fjonis »

chevyrider wrote:You could try to delete all bridges and roads by hand with autopauze.
After you have removed them all, unthick them.
So much work.. :( But the main question is the first one in the previous post; is it possible to avoid having to manually select (toggle) each vehicle you want in a game?
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

You have to select the vehicles ones in a scenario, an give that a specific name like "myvehicles" or something.
Every time you want to use that, load that landscape.
Now you can change the hills and water as much as you like, but you keep your selected vehicles.
Never remove one, only add.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
The Fjonis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Fjonis »

Thing is, I don't like the random generated landscapes -- I prefer to play those landscapes that people make based on real world maps, and then this trick doesn't work. :( Ah well, I suppose there is nothing to do about it then. Just thought I'd ask just in case there was an easier way. Thanks anyway! :)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”