[Rel] Auto Industry! Release Version 2.5 - 06/21/07

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Howat123
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Rel] Auto Industry! Release Version 2.5 - 06/21/07

Post by Howat123 »

Hey... rar files.. I don't get them please, Give me instructions how how to make this work....
Oh locomotion, How could i have just LEFT you like that? D: I'm so sorry!

-----

Need to contact me?
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Howat123 wrote:Hey... rar files.. I don't get them please, Give me instructions how how to make this work....
If I'm not wrong, it's a selfextracting *.exe, if not You could search for a pack-tool like rar or 7zip (which is free).

As for possible changes I would suggest:
Make the translation international (for easiness just replace everything with english, that way players playing a non-english version don't need to edit the files.
I agree for all points, but point 3 the oil refinery could make petrol and goods. Perhaps you could add a few locos and tank waggons for a small independant mod, because you made so much stuff it's a bit of overkill sometimes and a lot of work to choose the right trains for a scenario. :wink:
For example, if you want to use loco wrappertool, because you have too much vehicles running it takes an eternity too converte the whole megapack.
There's also a problem if you want to create clean scenarios, scenarios always need the new products even if you don't choose the automobile industry, but I think this problem can't be solved.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Howat123 wrote:Hey... rar files.. I don't get them please, Give me instructions how how to make this work....
Download winrar, it's free. Use google to find it.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re:

Post by demontrain »

Plastikman wrote:TJ wow, good job on beating it... now i have to play it again!!!

Earlier cars... they are in my pile of virtual cars over here. I got sidetracked with 3D modeling. it is addictive.....

I am trying to get this mod back to at least 1950 i have some boxcars that date back to the 50's for parts and plastic pellets and a flatbed with autos on it. i would also LOVE if someone could build an autorack semi truck.

we also have ships that hold everything.
The semi trailer wouldn't be too hard to create... the problem I've had is getting the cars to look good in the trailer. look more like blobs than cars.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

One day. I would have to make it 100% from scratch. I made a beta once. I hated how lomo handles trailers.

I guess a pixelbomb is better then nothing?
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

I'll search the desktop for the MSTS file and reconvert it. Hope I still have all the files or at least the rough draft from ts modeler. It did have have the same problem all modded trailers have on hills.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Plastikman wrote:One day. I would have to make it 100% from scratch. I made a beta once. I hated how lomo handles trailers.

I guess a pixelbomb is better then nothing?
I believe there would be another problem with semitrucks, because the computer opponents don't recognize citybuildings. There's not much which could really be improved (beside of the graphics). The only alternative I could imagine would be a really simple one, for example an automobile industry only needing steel to produce cars without autoparts and scrap and plastic pellets, because the full mod as it is now need much attention. This seems to be rather boring at first look, but you could use the automobile trains in all normal scenarios and the basic concept of locomotions industries is to be simple and not complex because of missing stockpiling.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

That's a good point robo, however if someone were to be creative minded why even have steel needed. The majority of the autos built in the US are done in the midwest. One just needs to adapt an industry to accept another commodity in exchange for auto. The industry would be best looking like building complex that would found in most rail yards. An example would be the Pacific northwest and all the logging. Three loads of timber for 1 of autos. This game has many built in faults but also has built in ways to get around some of them thru modding
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

demontrain wrote: however if someone were to be creative minded why even have steel needed.
Basically, economy is nothing else than converting materials into things or money and I have a minor problem with an industry producing automobiles out of nothing. :wink:
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

Perhaps my example was a little vague. A train would pickup 3 loads of timber (from forest) and deliver them to a rail yard (which picked them up from an offsite auto plant. Granted they are produced from nothing but yet they are from a connecting line. All I was attempting to say is one doesn't need to use certain types cargoes to produce the obviously logical cargo, when regionally they aren't made there in the real world. Another example would be to a ship yard picking up import cars.

One could be so basic and have only forests as a cargo producer and the other 15 industries an import export industry for any other cargo type, food, goods, oil, chemical, etc. Alaska, and the Pacific Northwest would be prototype examples of this type of scenario, among many others.

Granted one could go over board and just have things created from air. But this would also have a prototype twin with bridge route railroads.
C3805.
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by C3805. »

demontrain wrote:Perhaps my example was a little vague. A train would pickup 3 loads of timber (from forest) and deliver them to a rail yard (which picked them up from an offsite auto plant. Granted they are produced from nothing but yet they are from a connecting line. All I was attempting to say is one doesn't need to use certain types cargoes to produce the obviously logical cargo, when regionally they aren't made there in the real world. Another example would be to a ship yard picking up import cars.

One could be so basic and have only forests as a cargo producer and the other 15 industries an import export industry for any other cargo type, food, goods, oil, chemical, etc. Alaska, and the Pacific Northwest would be prototype examples of this type of scenario, among many others.

Granted one could go over board and just have things created from air. But this would also have a prototype twin with bridge route railroads.
I see your point, but some one would have to put in a lot of effort to create a new industry for almost every new scenario. And, well, new industries take a while to code and build, you know, so it's kinda unlikely this will happen. It's a good idea, but they had a similar exchange industry which was a warehouse, not sure if they have released it.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

My intent was to show that there are many ways to explain how to get more out of the 16 industry limit. I'll show a few examples of what I do after I recover what data I can from my now dead laptop. Most of the warehouse industries I made and used were just a bit of recoding original industries and creating a few cargo types. I don't have the graphic skills to make original buildings that actually look good, but the dat file does work in the game which is the important thing
zc15-nyonker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zc15-nyonker »

I like this mod. It complicates everything in Locomotion. However, should plastic pellets and steel be required to make auto parts? Cars historically had no plastic, and in the future cars may be completely plastic, so would it make more sense to say: "requires steel or plastic pellets to produce auto parts" instead of "requires steel and plastic pellets to produce auto parts"?
A fan of OTTD, Transport Empire
My creations: World Across Scenario
Steam power & local factories are the answer to America's problems. Oh, yeah. Representatives that represent are needed too.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

zc15-nyonker wrote: Cars historically had no plastic,
Are you sure about that? I know the cars I grew up with did. The dash pieces are plastic along with the taillight lens', turn signal lens', parts of the door panels, the trim all around the doors, and the little knobs for various parts. I know parts under the hood had plastic also. So, actually, the mod is correct in needing plastic to make car parts.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
zc15-nyonker
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zc15-nyonker »

True, I guess I was thinking differently because North American Mega Pack does not have plastic cars until 1970, but that doesn't mean it wasn't on cars. But further back, cars did not have plastic, at least in the 1920's, so I don't think you have to have plastic to make car parts.
A fan of OTTD, Transport Empire
My creations: World Across Scenario
Steam power & local factories are the answer to America's problems. Oh, yeah. Representatives that represent are needed too.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

tattoo beat me to the punch.

Plastic's is more of a generic "item" to be needed.
It covers generic items like plastic, vinyl, leather, glass, rubber even wood if you go back far enough. it makes it a bit more of a challenge.

If I wanted to be really hard, we would need rubber and glass also.

The original mod was 1 or the other. It was way to easy and you had tons of "Auto Parts" everywhere.

There will be an update to this mod real soon.

Changes to be made.

Road vehicles.:
Trucks for Fluids, Auto Transporters, Auto Parts and scrap.

More industries:
Oil to petrol\gasoline and\or grain to ethanol.
Gas Stations in town as houses.

Updated Graphics.

But thanks for the input..
You can always edit your version by removing the "need all" switch.
Last edited by Plastikman on 13 Apr 2010 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

then you'd have. "requires Plastic pellets and steel to produce auto parts or Glass and timber to produce auto parts"

beacuse wooden car interiors are for cool cats.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

zc15-nyonker wrote:True, I guess I was thinking differently because North American Mega Pack does not have plastic cars until 1970, but that doesn't mean it wasn't on cars. But further back, cars did not have plastic, at least in the 1920's, so I don't think you have to have plastic to make car parts.
yeah I just noticed that. for some reason my Grain Boxcars carry plastic. the US set's do not. they carry food. ~shrucg~

I might patch those.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

That sounds really neat with oil going to gas stations and/or other generic places. Thats the thing with oil is that it is made up of all most everything. The posibilities are endless!

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”