[RELEASE] Prague metro pack v5.5 - includes Moscow trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Omg :shock:

/me blames Andel :wink:

Looking good again
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

I think it was Andel too. He was offline for quite some time and didn't answer my PMs, so now i know what he was doing! :o
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

These ECS cars rule. They look a little bit like the original Philadelphia Broad Street subway cars. Great work. Thanks.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Wow, very nice quality work. This might be the first 3rd party train i use besides PikkaBirds stuff..
Keep up the good work, are you gona do any other trains? :D
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Why thank you! As for the design, I've heard the it was inspired by the old NYC subway, so there might be similarities.

I'm currently building a station and afterwards I'll have some rest. I don't know yet if I'll build anything new. The ECS is merely a byproduct of a commercial project of mine (music video) and I thought it would be cool to put it into Locomotion. Although I have to say, it's more fun than I thought watching the trains move around in the game! :wink:

I also have an old narrow tracks train in my archive from a different project. I'll try to find a picture and post it if you'd be interested in seeing it ingame. Now, back to the metro station. And thank you for the wonderful comments! Good to hear people like to play with them and that those long evenings adjusting colors so they look good in Loco-palette have a meaning! :wink:

-s
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

/EDIT

yeah well, nevermind. :) i just found out there is an exactly same train in Locomotion already. :?
Last edited by strongbow on 19 Mar 2006 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
Anessen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Anessen »

Has that thing been in a crash? : /
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

I've updated the first post with the Prague graffiti livery. It can be coupled with the "clean" Prague version for some realistic train combinations.

I also did some progress on the metro station. I finished the mesh and put it into the game for a test. It still needs colors and proper lighting/shadows, but first things first - I need help again. :wink:

If anyone has a clue about coding station XMLs, please PM me and I'd send you the DAT. What I'll need is:

1. Change the internal name - right now it replaces trstat1.dat. I hope there isn't a limit on the number of stations in the game. :? It should be called "Metro Station" and have a name like TRSTATM.DAT.

2. Remove all cargo types except passengers.

3. Change the appearance so that the station with roof is displayed underground, while the station without the roof is displayed above. Exactly the opposite of the default City Station. Build it on/under ground and you'll see what I mean...

And that should be about all for now. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. I'm not so good at coding and Vehicle Creator is not much use in this case. :(

Thanks in advance! I'm off to finishing the graphics. :wink:
-s
Attachments
metro station alpha version
metro station alpha version
station_test.png (44.25 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Roof is a bit heigh, and yes there is a station limit (16) :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

You're right, I actually modelled it after the city station proportion-wise, so that's why. Final version will have a lower roof, colors and proper shading.

16 stations is fine for now. :wink:
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

wow! looks great!

wird man ja neidisch :twisted:
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Cant you make stations wich you can build like lego? (So a straight roof, an angled roof etc? Wich you can use to create your own station model? That would be possible with 16 :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

and if you make them not so high, please keep the catenary in mind :wink:

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

@SQ

The catenary is on the level of the beginning of the dome. So when i squash/cut off a bit from it, it shouldn't affect the catenary - it's below the dome.

@IA

I don't think I understand what you mean. Of course I could build whatever I want - I could put a different roof, different pillars, etc. and export them to the DAT. As there's 16 slots for stations and only 5 are occupied yet, it leaves enough space for my single metro station.

Or what did you have in mind?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Difficult to explain ... I will make a picture of what i mean tomorrow :)
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

From experience, the height of the Metro Station roof is all right I must admit for Metro or suburban rail especially with double decker trains, electrified with Overhead Line Electrification (OHLE) in both tunnels and overground. (Reference: Paris RER tunnel stations and overground stations or Heathrow Express stations at Heathrow)

But I agree it is height is too high for Metro electrified with 3rd rail as they tend to have a smaller profile, even in tunnels.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Well the station I did is a "b******" version of this Prague station:

http://www.metroweb.cz/metro/stanice/linka_a/NM/NM.htm

This station (and most of the Line A stations) is built of 3 tubes basically. One for each train direction and one is the central part for passengers with elevators on one end.

Unfortunately, this setup won't work in Locomotion, stations are only built on top of rails. Also, building just tubes would be boring and wouldn't work because of visibility problems. So the only thing I can do, is something like this. If anyone has an idea on how to do such a station in Locomotion faithfuly, let me know - I have the model already.

Also, in the stations, the profile is quite high - higher than inside the actual tunnels. There is also something like a catenary if you look closely above the rails on the first picture. That's just above the trains. So the stations are quite high, contrary to the relatively claustrophobic London Underground. :wink:

I've modified the station model, the lower part of the roof dome is now cut off and the lights are just barely above the pillars.

Anyway, I'm still in need of coding those 3 above mentioned points...

Laterz,
-s
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I reject the blame of my tag appearing on a lomo train... :oops: :roll: :twisted:
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

strongbow, just sent you a pm :) but in german hehe

Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Wow. Someone has ever made anything in Moscow livery... Moscow Metro Train. Calm and blue and natural on the great green fields of Locomotion... Many thanks to the author.
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”