[REL] Semi Truck and Trailer Pack update: 28.3.2006

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

this hopper trailer caming next with half and full cargo coal/iron
Attachments
hopper trailer.jpg
hopper trailer.jpg (95.21 KiB) Viewed 5725 times
Visscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Visscher »

you might also want to add grain to the hopper trailer, or are you plannning a other trailer for this?
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

all good stuff av been having a play
not a proper game just a mess about to see the trucks in action but i will be using these in all my scenarios 8) :P
english trucker intrests transport games and driving cars...............i must be mad

LIFE the game................Because you have to play
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

Visscher wrote:you might also want to add grain to the hopper trailer, or are you plannning a other trailer for this?
yes i plannning a other trailer for this, why loco accepted so many do not sprite-sets from freight. than is the dat file to big with 3 cargo types and 7 sprite-sets
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

mayday wrote:
yes i plannning a other trailer for this, why loco accepted so many do not sprite-sets from freight. than is the dat file to big with 3 cargo types and 7 sprite-sets
i understand u would need
coal part load full load
iron ore part load full load
grain part load full load
plus empty trailer

and lomo cant do this
fair enough more trailers means more different vehicles and thats what i like about lomo with mods loads of different trucks trains busses trams boats all rushin about makin lots of money if only makin money in real life was this much fun 8) :lol:
english trucker intrests transport games and driving cars...............i must be mad

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Wasnt there a truck who does do all of them?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Visscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Visscher »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Wasnt there a truck who does do all of them?
I thought the hopper available from 1900 does that, the hopper available at 1990 does it as well, I am not sure about the other ones.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

And besides that; You all know the paper/steel/wood car for the trains?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

I understand not everything what was written now here my is English for that too bad, and translating programms do not help either so well.
I can only say where I built the maglev hopper trailer I wanted to build that one also with coal iron and grain, with full and semifull cargo. I had the xml correctly as well as also the whole sprite-sets had arranged placed correctly and it had not functioned. had indicated loco the wrong cargo always wrongly, thinks that it so at the hopper trailer also so would will be. but I will try once again to build the hopper trailer with coal iron and grain and with full and semifull cargo. seeing whether this time it works once
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

the hopper trailer is realeased with cargo coal/iron/grain full and semifull.
look in first post.
Visscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Visscher »

I think you have made a tiping error at your hopper stats, in locomotion it says that it is only capable of carrying 10 tonnes of coal/ironore/grain. I think this should be 100 tonnes like the other trailers.

(sorry about my bad english)
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

Visscher wrote:I think you have made a tiping error at your hopper stats, in locomotion it says that it is only capable of carrying 10 tonnes of coal/ironore/grain. I think this should be 100 tonnes like the other trailers.

thank you, have the hopper trailer yet updated to 150t
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Visscher wrote:I think you have made a tiping error at your hopper stats, in locomotion it says that it is only capable of carrying 10 tonnes of coal/ironore/grain. I think this should be 100 tonnes like the other trailers.

hrmmm 10 for a semi does seem low.

the games rail hopper only holds 40 and biggest truck holds 28, so 100 would be WAY to much. maybe 30-32 or so would be correct.

a truck can't hold as much as a rail car.

lol in beta i put 100 tons on a train hopper (it was a 100ton hopper in real life), with 9 cars, the engine bearly was able to pull it, I had to cut the cargo to 50. also it took 2 game years to load the train.

Edit while i was typing this you bumped it up to 150t. that is the same as 3.5 train cars. sorry the trucks look great but, i would like to keep some realisim in the game.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

Plastikman wrote:

hrmmm 10 for a semi does seem low.

the games rail hopper only holds 40 and biggest truck holds 28, so 100 would be WAY to much. maybe 30-32 or so would be correct.

a truck can't hold as much as a rail car.

lol in beta i put 100 tons on a train hopper (it was a 100ton hopper in real life), with 9 cars, the engine bearly was able to pull it, I had to cut the cargo to 50. also it took 2 game years to load the train.
i think when man playing from 1900 to 1990 than have the mines a big output 6000t-10000t pro month and than helping the trucks very good with so big tonnes volume. and when man playing from 1990 as start than is that natural not so good with so big t volume. but everyone must decide on that for itself. everyone can change itself it after like as mans wants to have.

question from me want their original t volume have into the trailers or increased t? your opinion would interest me. in Germany the ca rule is valid per axis supporter of 10 t. and Trucks may drive only 49 mph into Germany
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

I am a lorry driver and here the maximum weight of a full sized artic (semi truck) is 44 tons including load

I used to drive a tipper lorry carrying mostly scrap metal
and i have driven containers,refridgerated,tankers,flat beds,curtainsiders
almost all types of normal trucks available

Here are some stats (these are rough and from memory so close but not always perfect)

tipper.............empty 17 ton + 27 ton load (This one i remember well, my truck was 17.2 tons with full tank of diesel FH12 volvo globetrotter with trailer made of steel)

flat bed..........empty 13 ton + 31 ton load (I remember my old truck an FM12 weighed 12.8 tons empty)

Refrigerated...empty 18 ton + 26 ton load (this is a rough guess i know fridge trailers are heavy and weigh more than tippers so its close)

containers......empty 11 ton + container 4 ton + 29 ton load (i remember i could carry 29 tons with my Iveco Eurostar and worked out the rest from there

tanker..........empty 15 ton + 29 ton load (this is mostly a guess i cannot remember how heavy that truck was but this will be very close)

curtainsider..empty 14 ton + 30 ton load (this is again a guess but based on what i know from other truck types 14 ton sounds about right to me)

Horsepower
I will start with the best you can buy

volvo FH16..............610 BHP
Scania 416..............580 BHP
M.A.N.....................680 BHP (this is really for heavy haulege)

other companys do have a big power truck but i dont know exact figures

Not everybody drives high power truck so these are some of my recent truck with power output.

Scania 412....420 BHP
DAF XF ........430 BHP
Volvo FH12...460 BHP (this was my tipper lorry i loved it :lol: )
Volvo FM12...380 BHP
DAF XF ........480 BHP
DAF CF........320 BHP
DAF CF........430 BHP
M.A.N..........460 BHP (old shape)
M.A.N..........410 BHP (new shape)

No particular order i just put them in as i remembered them this gives an idea of a typical Truck in england

I drive for an agency so i drive lots of different trucks with lots of different loads. Corner speeds for tankers tend to be low, for other types it depends on the load.
speed limit is
56 mph (90kmh) on motorways
40 mph (66kph) on normal roads

I hope this helps i must admit i like the heavy load ones but i would use a vertion with correct weights too 8) depending on what type of game i was playing

mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

thanks hobgoblin i update than tomorrow evening the trailers and trucks for correctly.
and look on the pic the next truck is ready a Volvo Globetrotter FH12 her comming also tomorrow evening
Attachments
SFCAN137.jpg
SFCAN137.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 5360 times
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

:D Cool my favorite truck (although i had the old 1 not the new 1) I am really pleased to see this

I am glad my stats helped
5 minutes to type an answer is nothing compared to how much fun your mods have given me
Plus it will be nice to have trucks based on my stats
and also remembering my old trucks reminded me of some fun times
lots of good memorys 8)
I look forward to playing with the new volvo thanks mayday

3 day
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by 3 day »

How about a Kenworth.
Attachments
Nice bullnose Kenworth
Nice bullnose Kenworth
mackie_mover_kw_bullnose3.jpg (160.81 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
Windows is based on doors.
Please visit my favourite website!
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mayday »

the new Volvo is realesed, and have a 2tes pack with te originales dates realesed. see in first post
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

I have just downloaded the new pack with real stats 8)

I noticed when playing that the actross and trailers weighed 20tons each
or 40tons without load :lol:
maybe you have already corrected this but just in case a european truck is usually about 7-8 tons depending on make model and fuel load
and similar for trailers some lighter some heavier depending on type

for example
iveco eurostar 7 ton
container trailer 4 ton (skeleton trailer)
container box 4 ton
load 29ton
for total 44ton

or

volvo globetrotter (with hydraulic pump) 8 ton
steel body tipper 9 ton
load 27 ton
total 44ton

If you have already done this sorry please ignore me :lol:
i have done the stats in my game using frontend 2 (what a great program) i will now have slow heavy and light fast vertions in my games i think
so that i must choose different trucks for different jobs

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”