[REL]US SET : Current is MegaPack 1.1.2 May/19/11

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL]US SET : Current is MegaPack 1.1.2 May/19/11

Post by Plastikman »

L.A. Noire Fan wrote:LJS made the heritage units and has them on his pytalhost page. Go check it out! :D
Yeah. I shoved them into my save game to test them out. have been playing with them. good stuff.
hence why i am not making any more.
although for some reason i cant get the southern one to work in locomod.

EDIT:
Nice there actually is a page for it now. before it was download tool only.
http://locomotion.pytalhost.com/norfolksouthern.html

it looks like he has the LV Heritage 8104 in there twice.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

it looks like he has the LV Heritage 8104 in there twice.
Pre-repaint and post-repaint? :wink:
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Derp.. I guess I accidentally deleted my post..

Hit edit instead of reply.. No Idea what I said here.
Last edited by Plastikman on 20 Feb 2013 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

A few minor bug fixes. nothing major.

2 new Items...
I decided the those NS locos needs something unique to NS to pull.. TopGons..
Norfolk Southern's home built gondolas based on the Bethgon. They are made from rebuilding their old coal hoppers.
They have several thousand of these and are seen all over the NS rails..

Something i have tons of requests for and I have wanted for a long time myself...

Iron Ore Jennys

I have just made them generic for now, it is almost impossible to tell most of them apart in lomo.
They are still pretty experimental for now. I am still working out a good balance between realistic stats and game play.
they hold a bit more Ore then other hoppers at a trade off of speed.

feedback is always welcome..
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

Plastikman wrote:Not sure why, I thought we did have an RS2 or RS3 in older CP colors..
It could be that I'm missing a pack, but I've got Santa Fe, Southern RS2's and BC, PRR, and Soo RS3's which I believe I acquired through the mega pack, and I've got all the other Dekosoft packs.
Just to get an idea if I'm missing one;
mods.PNG
mods.PNG (39.7 KiB) Viewed 9753 times
Plastikman wrote:Iron Ore Jennys
These look great! I would definitely use them and personally, I would enjoy them with realistic stats, but that's just me.
And perhaps a black Ore Hopper along with the brown one, if you are going to keep it generic.

Looking good!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Opan wrote:
Plastikman wrote:Iron Ore Jennys
These look great! I would definitely use them and personally, I would enjoy them with realistic stats, but that's just me.
Looking good!
Yard limit speeds when full would be realistic.. As far as I can know, they usually are about 25-30MPH when loaded and normal line speed when empty..
I did not think they would be useful in lomo limited to 25MPH.
I also put a smaller load then they probably would hold... so faster.. holding less.. to try and make them fit into the game..

the other option would be Heavy load (that might never make it up a hill in lomo) and real slow.. they would then probably need there own line..
if you want to a set like that..

as I said, I'm still testing them while trying to keep them useful...

(reminds me of those transformers cars I made. lots of cargo capacity at horrid slow speed. no one uses them. myself included.)
Dexterslabortory
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dexterslabortory »

@Plastic, I used the web updater that came with the CLW packs and got nothing new that I noticed. Is the only way to update via your pytalhost page or did i do something wrong? BTW I have looked at the new goodies and I definitely wont mind going out of my way to download them. :D
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Dexterslabortory wrote:@Plastic, I used the web updater that came with the CLW packs and got nothing new that I noticed. Is the only way to update via your pytalhost page or did i do something wrong? BTW I have looked at the new goodies and I definitely wont mind going out of my way to download them. :D
Thats not much help...

I believe the public is on "CLW_US_Megapack_1.1.2_Patch_Tool.exe"

It should either run or give you an error.. The error will depend on several variables.. whats the error if you get one?
Dexterslabortory
Engineer
Engineer

I don't get an error message for most of the packs... I don't remember which packs gave me an error, it probably was the "We were not able to connect to the server. Either you are not connected to the internet or our crappy servers are down." The locos work but I'm having a problem with the Big boy and challenger locomotives. It gives me the error (BBsteam/some random number). Also I can select the stations and signals with the Provo Pack but they won't show up in game. I'll try to get a screen shot of the Big Boy error.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Dexterslabortory wrote:I don't get an error message for most of the packs... I don't remember which packs gave me an error, it probably was the "We were not able to connect to the server. Either you are not connected to the internet or our crappy servers are down." The locos work but I'm having a problem with the Big boy and challenger locomotives. It gives me the error (BBsteam/some random number). Also I can select the stations and signals with the Provo Pack but they won't show up in game. I'll try to get a screen shot of the Big Boy error.
BBsteam is the smoke file for the bigboy. that and the sound files are located in the same pack you found the bigboy itself in.. it sounds like you didnt install correctly.

the signal issue is your trakst.dat file that is messing those up.. you need to make your own or use the one from the Provo map..
Dexterslabortory
Engineer
Engineer

OK I'll try re-installing provo to see if that fixes it. AFAIK I have the trakst.dat from provo installed....

Edit: I got provo re-installed; it works, I have something messed up with the web installer.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman, I decided to play Lomo again and started from scratch. Installed lomo then downloaded all of your stuff from AMI. I got a few error messages when installing and am posting screenshots of the errors I got so you know what is going on with your installers and updaters.

I think I can only do 3 images in 1 post so I'll add them to others if needed.

I started with the mega pack and got an error from the web update. But it installed fine.
Megapack install error-1.jpg
Megapack install error-1.jpg (147.8 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
Then Pre-Amtrak stuff and got the popup that it crashes for some people.
Megapack install error-2.jpg
Megapack install error-2.jpg (14.39 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
Then it did crash for me. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Megapack install error-3.jpg
Megapack install error-3.jpg (157.85 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
I took a screenshot of the error window in case it helps ya at all.
Last edited by Tattoo on 01 Mar 2013 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

When installing the AutoMod, I got 2 error messages about the Web Update.
AutoMod.jpg
AutoMod.jpg (109.69 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
AutoMod-2.jpg
AutoMod-2.jpg (174.5 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
When installing the Chicago & Northwestern pack, I got an error message saying Hive Unreadable.
Chicago & Northwestern.jpg
Chicago & Northwestern.jpg (186.7 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
I also tried this 3 times and and got the same error each time.
Last edited by Tattoo on 01 Mar 2013 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

When installing LTD2, the buttons have no text on them and I got an error message for LTD3 for the Web Update.
LTD2.jpg
LTD2.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
LTD3.jpg
LTD3.jpg (117.32 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
Then when installing Provo, there was an error message for the Web Update.
Provo.jpg
Provo.jpg (192.95 KiB) Viewed 3748 times

I believe everything installed fine except for the Chicago & Northwestern stuff. I'll have to go thru the hive to see what didn't get installed tho, but that'll take some time b4 I know what's what with it.

Again, these are just the messages I got when installing from all new downloads from AMI.

Thanks again for all your hard work to make playing Locomotion more fun... :D

Tattoo
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Yup yup..

I know about all of those errors but thanks for the reminders. Glad to see you back and about. I was actually going to send you a PM last week to see if you were still about.

The megapack outdated bits.. yes. and actually there is an even newer version in beta. no point in fixing that just yet. The mega pack wil; be updated very soon. I am just working out a few new bits and some outstanding bugs. (I have hit a point that I can not put the new bug fixes as web updates)..

Pre amtrak crash.. that's actually not the installer. It is a windows library bug that crashes. It is a bug that gets worse as hardware gets faster. especially with I5/I7's and SSD's. I am making to many system calls to fast for file copies and folder creations. I get ahead of windows and kill it. I have to come up with a whole new solution.. easiest is to just have it dynamically generate a bat file (or a second copy script) that copies the files OR put a quarter second pause after each file transaction.. this crash happens in all the packs. but the Amtrak and Pre-Metro ones crash the most because I am creating to many folders at once. My I7-3770 64GB ram and dual Sata3 SSD's crashes constantly with the packs.. trust me i am feeling this bug hard.

for now. just keep re-running them till they take. they will eventually install. I have been looking into it ..

LTD2. I did fix it and then never published it. (was trying to sneak updates into it and got sidetracked)

LTD3. yeah it was never an official release.. it is beta. so no online support.. it cant find the update because i never made one..

Automod Also has no update.. i am 3 behind in releaseing Automod3. I guess I was ignoring the error hoping It would get finished before tattoo noticed.

I guess i should put up a dummy update (empty) file for the ones with no updates...

It has been slightly busy in my camp for lomo. my to-do list is huge but time is not on my side.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

No problem bro. I know ya been busy from what I've read but I just thought I'd show ya them in case ya didn't know about them.

Good to see you back and about as well... :D
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Forgot the CNW hive unreadable..

That error is a file location error. your dats for that pack are either not in the hive (folder).. "empty hive"., or you ran the EXE from a folder/location outside of where it belongs. try the full install again. if you still get the error. we can look at your log files and see where it is blowing up. it looks like you are missing the main CNW pack looking at what i can see in background window.

I just downloaded and installed the pack. no issues here.

EDIT:
LoL your bug searching made me find a bug in the DK transfer packs. it is minor and not worth an update. I just misses a few lines of data in the log files if you dont do a web check.. this bug only effects the log file creation. not the packs.. the logs are just for debugging install issues.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I did it all twice Plastik and got the same error. Let me try again and see what happens.

EDIT:
First I found all the .dat files in the hive and copied them to the ObjData folder and they were all there to overwrite but when using the tranfer utility to install them to the ObjData folder, I got the error again.

I reinstalled it from the download again and used the tranfer utility to install them to the ObjData folder again and I didn't get the error this time. So it IS working now so I guess all is good then.

Thanks bro...

EDIT2: BTW, when searching the .dat files, I noticed you have a locotool.exe in the EMD_GP15-1 folder of Chicago_and_North_Western hive folder.

I also found it in these as well so it's in there 3 times.

Dekosoft
Bonus\Rock_Island\Grain_Hopper_LO100
Burlington_Northern\Grain_Hopper_LO100
20thx1984
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 20thx1984 »

Can you make the 20th Century Limited 4-6-4 Hudson Dreyfuss along with its passenger cars?
http://www.dailyicon.net/magazine/wp-co ... lyicon.jpg

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”