[REL]US SET : Current is MegaPack 1.1.2 May/19/11

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Plastikman wrote: ....i realized i am a mess with stuff everywhere on my hard drive, i stopped converting yesterday and spent 12 hours (and counting) organising my drive and in execl. I need to come up with a formula and standards in the set. the worst right now is figguring when the diesel types phase out. also a naming standard like USGP4001.dat = US(set)GP40(what it is a GP40)01(roadname) 01=BNSF or USGB5001.dat = US(set)GB50(goods boxcar 50 foot)01(roadname)
I thank thee Lord most high that there are not as much variety in the UK, gl tho :wink:
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

awesome set this'll become, i'm sure. aren't you afraid the set alone'll reach Lomo's maximum vehicles limit though?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

astath wrote:awesome set this'll become, i'm sure. aren't you afraid the set alone'll reach Lomo's maximum vehicles limit though?
it already has, at least the beta. this way you can pick what you want to use. remember, you can unselect the default objects :twisted: :wink:
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
thompson_fan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by thompson_fan »

Yeah. Besdies most of the deafault trains are crappy anyway.
Raptor
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

thompson_fan wrote:Yeah. Besdies most of the deafault trains are crappy anyway.
funny you say that, so are mine!
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i play my games without any other vehicles but trains nowadays to get as much as possible. but damn, something's really got to fix that limit. illegal or not. :roll:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

This is a very impressive line-up. As a real life NYC transit motorman, I am looking forward to the subway cars. I can get the specs for you for both the NYC Subway cars and the Chicago El cars, if you like.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Sorry i have been a little quiet on this set. i have been so busy in life and just playing the game. her is what you should expect to see in the first release. it should be out ASAP. i just need to make a few cosmetic changes and "maybe" slip a few more items in.

<edit> updated picture, forgot a few items.
Attachments
Lots of EMD locos, some frieght. and a little steam.
Lots of EMD locos, some frieght. and a little steam.
wip us pack.JPG (177.62 KiB) Viewed 8995 times
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Man, I think I'll play lomo just for this set
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Sebastian Styrnol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sebastian Styrnol »

Wow,

this set looks AWESOME. Being an MSTS veteran, having most of Justin Cornell's (norfolk_southern) locos, I do recognise quite a bit in that set.

I cannot wait to run this set in my own locomotion! :D

Thanks for making this!
kazimierz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kazimierz »

Well Well.. Great work!

It great to see different liveries in the game with this US pack.. I would almost boldy ask you to create more split up packs.. Like BNSF, UP, ATSF etc..

Great work.. keep up!
=One death is a tragedy , a million deaths is a statistic==

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

thanks to this bloody vehicle limit, it's impossible to play with this entire set. damn, and it looks really cool.

and, aren't there any Santa Fe models available? :) i love those.

Steve-O
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steve-O »

aren't there any Santa Fe models available? i love those.
If you look closely at the middle of the 2nd row you will notice a navy blue and yellow Santa Fe livery! Also he made the SPSF livery too!! This livery was painted on thousands of engines before the govt. denied Santa Fe the rights to purchase Southern Pacific because they feared a monopoly. Funny thing is a few years down the road they let UP buy SP and SF buys BN..go figure! Besides shortlines... now there is just two railroads in the Western US...BNSF and UP.
norfolksouthern37
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by norfolksouthern37 »

hm, i see plenty of Santa Fe in there. but no GEVO, tho in locomotion scale you couldnt go toow rong by calling one fo the dash9s one. looks great.
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

goodbye N scale, Hello LOMO!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Nope no GEVO. it is a dash 9. I also have some GE AC4400's converted, waiting on permission. but as far as lomo goes, you probabbly could use a dash9 for a GEVO. :roll: i dont know if there is a GEVO for MSTS. the AC4400 or dash 9 is pretty close, i thik the GEVO has a longer inverter housing on side, and extra intake on the roof and a bigger radiator top that hangs off the rear like the AC6000, things you wont really notice in lomo size. lol, did you want me to reaname a dash9 just for you? :twisted:

Good eye on spotting Justins models, Most of the motive power in this pack are Justins. I think most his paint jobs plus a few repaints i did maybe one or two 3rd party paint jobs. i think just the GP35's and the SD40's are not his. Thanks again Justin you helped this project out more then you know..

Never tell me i dont have enough Santa fe :wink: !! cause i have a ton of Santa Fe and BNSF. I just did not want to flood the set in warbonnets. but, if you look closer i think there are 5 ATSF and 6 BNSF jobbers in the photo. Also one fictional SPSF post (failed) merger paintjob.

Single livery packs? i thought about it, you might see it. it is not so diffucult to whip out a fleet of a single livery in a day. This pack was almost entirely NS and BNSF, i was trying to go with a bit of variaty. this was supposed to be a teaser pack that just got bigger every day. I know I am getting requests for more west coast stuff and branchlines. just to get more liveries made, I whipped up some SOO, GT, SPSF kodachrome, Chessie, SP, and UP stuff with a little help from Justin with photos and mesh mappings. The SP and UP was Steve-O's request. i know i really really want some CNW and more east coast stuff out soon. Maybe some PRR, B&O, C&O, NYC. Etc... since it is not uncommon to lease motive power to another class1 railway, i think mixed engine consists are ok for lomo for now.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Plastikman wrote:but as far as lomo goes, you probabbly could use a dash9 for a GEVO. :roll: .
Dash-9 is a GEVO its just updated :) most important: dash 9 have 16 cylinder(4400hp) gevo have 12 cylinder(still 4400hp) and that decrease running costs(fuel useage, etc). There is some other changes, but those are to small. :)
Gevo made cuz there was change in U.S Environmental Protection Agency standars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_ES44AC

Sry bad english... :oops:
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

yup new emission/pollution laws

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”