[REL]US SET : Current is MegaPack 1.1.2 May/19/11

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

SD89MAC
Director
Director

Re: [REL]US SET : Current is MegaPack 1.1.2 May/19/11

Post by SD89MAC »

20thx1984 wrote:Can you make the 20th Century Limited 4-6-4 Hudson Dreyfuss along with its passenger cars?
http://www.dailyicon.net/magazine/wp-co ... lyicon.jpg
The closest there is in the Megapack right now is the Empire State Express version. I believe there are a couple of coaches to go with it.
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

For passenger cars, I either use the early default North American carriages (in grey) or the cars that go with the USP NYC E7.

They go very nicely with the Empire State Express in particular.
Trainman888
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trainman888 »

20thx1984 wrote:Can you make the 20th Century Limited 4-6-4 Hudson Dreyfuss along with its passenger cars?
http://www.dailyicon.net/magazine/wp-co ... lyicon.jpg
There are two versions. The 1938 paint scheme and the the 1940 paint scheme.
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

LocoRoller wrote:For passenger cars, I either use the early default North American carriages (in grey) or the cars that go with the USP NYC E7.

They go very nicely with the Empire State Express in particular.
There are actual stainless steal cars to go with the engine.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman, while finding the .dats for a saved game of mine, I came across a couple .dats that have a different internal name than the filename.
These were a pain to figure out and figured you would probably want to know. Will let ya know if I find more.

US (4-6-2) K4 Pacific (Long Distance) Pennsylvania Railroad
USSEK421.dat - internal USSEK423

Food Refrigerated Boxcar 57ft UP
RB57UP01.dat - internal RB57RP01

Also, your web page that shows everything is showing doubles of most of the .dats and showing 3 of some of them.

Tattoo

EDIT: I forgot to say that your web page shows doubles when I sort it by date. AND it takes for ever to sort now. Just started to do that a couple days ago. It was fine before that.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
NotSoFast
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NotSoFast »

Back to lomo, gone for a while...

What happened to the Automax cars? There were a whole bunch but they're not on the pytalhost any more.
Oh, and THANK YOU for the ore cars! I've wanted those for like two years... I tried converting my own from the disgraced valuables-mod but couldn't get rid of the gold and silver loads. Might you make a green and a black version, too, to match CNW and Birmingham Southern cars? That would pretty much cover the bases, aside from PRR ore jennies. (what you have aren't quite ore jennies, they're just normal ore cars. ore jennies don't have a hopper bay at the bottom.)
CEOOFNYC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CEOOFNYC »

@Plastikman
I like your sets very much(probably because I like the rails) what I do not like about it is the very low reliability and short time from new to obsolete, can you please make a version where this is not an issue (no obsolete dates and no breakdowns) I would really like that
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

If you download a tool wich is called Locotool Wrapper you can do this yourself, if you drop the selected DAT.files into the wrapper, the program can create DAT.files with no obsolete dates and no breakdowns.

You can find the tool here:

http://www.wisim-community.net/index.ph ... tem&id=112
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

I thought that Plastikman protected some of his files to prevent it to be changed with the Wrapper tool.
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage
CEOOFNYC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CEOOFNYC »

Lighthouse wrote:I thought that Plastikman protected some of his files to prevent it to be changed with the Wrapper tool.
One does not simply decide to change ALL the trains.
but, anyway i got it to work and i eventually decided not to do all of them in the wrapper, so then i ask Plastikman to add more of the early steam, and my original request (which i must say that it will make the mod even better cause i like the mod very much :bow: ) of either a cab forward or a T1 Duplex
Trainman20
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trainman20 »

A Q2 Duplex would be sweet too. So many cool locos, so few people to put them in Locomotion.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

Trainman20 wrote:A Q2 Duplex would be sweet too. So many cool locos, so few people to put them in Locomotion.
Then follow the tutorials of Walter and learn to do conversions of items from other programs and the use of wally to render them, if half the gripes about the lack of a particular item were transferred into positive action to do something about it, then we'd have a surfeit of items to chose from

I'm happy that someone spent their time to convert or even create from scratch an item for this game so grumbling about the lack of a locomotive etc is something I fail to get, when it takes time to create them don't bergudge a creator their free time, not everything is Lomo related and a rl is appreciated
Last edited by Badger on 11 Jun 2013 09:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Text colour altered
CEOOFNYC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CEOOFNYC »

well I was thinking more of the Southern Pacific Alco Cab Forward in the easiest terms, the 4-4-4-4 duplex is not as easy to make as others, the 4-8-8-2 is articulated and that can be adjusted. if there was a place where i can find a MSTS version of the 4-8-8-2 i would be very happy.
blackstone13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackstone13 »

Any particular reason the ATSF 3751(steam) doesn't have an obsolete date, NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT, I was just wondering why
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

blackstone13 wrote:Any particular reason the ATSF 3751(steam) doesn't have an obsolete date, NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT, I was just wondering why
This is the secret of Plasticman. 1957 as obsolete date would be correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe_3751
http://www.walter1940.de
Vehicles for Locomotion

Tutorials in english
- From MSTS to Locomotion ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/msts2loco/
- Wally ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/wally/
- xml-modding ---> http://www.walter1940.de/tutorial/xml-modding/
CEOOFNYC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CEOOFNYC »

well i tried and if the dat will not give errors X( i just give up and i will wait for the articulated 4-8-8-2 Southern Pacific Cab Forward anyone with pictures of this train in Locomotion?
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

A long time ago, a man made of Plastik had created such a Cab Forward. Whatever happened to it, no one will ever know.
Perhaps you should make contact with the man made of Plastik. He would know where it is.

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I would leave him a PM, or try to find him on AMI.
SD89MAC
Director
Director

Post by SD89MAC »

If I recall correctly, the Cab-Forward is currently a private beta, therefore not for release.

Plastik has been MIA for awhile now, so PMs likely will not get a timely response.
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”