[Released] Amtrak Pack w/NEC Done! VERSION 3.1.0 2/21/10

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

All the default US trains from 1819 to 1994 waiting to be replaced by your set. :wink:

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

tydev417 wrote:All the default US trains from 1819 to 1994 waiting to be replaced by your set. :wink:
WOW those are nice :shock:

Those are so much better then mine! I think I am going to just stop right now!

/Sarcasim off... right now i am on my 3rd time playing 1965 - 2010 i have made so many minor adjustments it is not funny.. hey that should be cheaper, omg that is to cheap! that has to much HP or not enough. umm is that train? i dont see any details on it.. lets repaint it add some glossy windwhshields ... ack too glossy! i cant make out the roof details... why is this coach lighter then a boxcar? the best was instead of 63 reliability on something i typoed 36 ... maybe i should hand the set to another playtester... working on the sets at 3 am is a bad idea... gremlins get into everything!!

1 item from the NEC set slipped in.. metroliner EMU!

It is not the best since i had to make it myself.. but i tried..

Ok so it is 1974 quick taste of my game.. picture time...
Attachments
a couple of F7a's
a couple of F7a's
Screenshot32.JPG (158.04 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
An E8 and a Computer bought Metroliner EMU
An E8 and a Computer bought Metroliner EMU
Screenshot33.JPG (157.05 KiB) Viewed 6708 times
An SDP40F
An SDP40F
Screenshot31.JPG (146.6 KiB) Viewed 6713 times
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Quick WIP Shot. The FP40H still needs a little touch up and still working on the superliner cars.
Attachments
Amtrak WIP.JPG
Amtrak WIP.JPG (176.95 KiB) Viewed 6697 times
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Man, i think i that am almost want to start modding again :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Man, i think i that am almost want to start modding again :P

LOL! Please do!

I asked you if you wanted to be appart of this set before i started :wink:
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Can I ask where you got the Metroliner EMU from, cos something about it (to my untrained eye) doesn't look quite right... I always imagined it as an Amfleet car with a pantograph, but the one in the shots looks really square.

Those Genesis units look GORGEOUS, by the way.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

I didn't know that it was Metroliner until plastikman said it. The Metroliner is just an multiple unit (EMU) version of the amfleets. It basically has regular amfleets in the middle and special Amfleets with cab cars at one ends.

Well I'm looking foward to the release of the pack and all of the addons, all we need now is GG1. :D
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

LOL yeah a metro liner EMU looks exacly like an amfleet1 car a panto on the trailling end and instead of a vesitbule on the front, it had a cab and sliding doors with no diaphrams to get from one car to next if there were 4 together. and that pic is square as anything and i dont like it i have made 3 differant versions. including one from a metrocar.

actually i saw one in a video for another game today without pantos. http://www.loco-mania.com/downloads/lm-trailer.mpg it is the white EMU they show crossing a road whitout the pantaraphs on the roof.

as i said there is nothing on the web for refferance that ia have found. and when i was on one last time i was on one, i was way to young to fully remember it. if someone can whip up a model go for it!
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Anyone fancy drawing 135 pantographs on 135 pictures of Plastikman's Amfleet cars?

No?

Oh well. A shame they've been forgotten, really, sorta like more interurbans.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

metalangel wrote:Anyone fancy drawing 135 pantographs on 135 pictures of Plastikman's Amfleet cars?

No?

Oh well. A shame they've been forgotten, really, sorta like more interurbans.

LoL smart ass ..

Well i got home now and pulled up my curent WIP of the metroliner. not quite so boxy
Attachments
Current metroliner WIP
Current metroliner WIP
metroliners.JPG (146.53 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
Refferance photo.
Refferance photo.
amtk826.jpg (187.99 KiB) Viewed 873 times
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Final WIP for the superliners, F40PH and MHC (Material Handling Car).

Altho you Might notice that one of the superliner cars has its door open. I toyed with having the doors open and close at the stations. it works only in perfect conditions. so, need less to say, we wont be loosing any passengers due to a mod gone bad. but hey, I had to try it as a proof of concept. It failed.
Attachments
amtrak3.JPG
amtrak3.JPG (141.7 KiB) Viewed 6603 times
President
President

Post by WWW »

heh, that photo almost looks like a door is open, reminds me of that film where a guy spills water on an automatic train control unit...
marcf
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by marcf »

i remember that film, it was so lame,

the electronic for their 'advanced computer system, covered by a metal plate with large vent holes in it. right next to the drivers seat
driver spilt water on it, train goes wacko
<Singaporekid> Hah! I don't get quoted!
16:00 <RPharazon> ROBOBOY
16:00 <RPharazon> YOUR ISP SUCKS
16:01 * Quits: RPharazon (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

Official TT-Bandwagon Fan Club
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

www wrote:heh, that photo almost looks like a door is open,
What did you think that picture was about? ?(
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Question, I am not completely familliar with the NEC. What is included in that?

Acela,
Acela HHP-8,
GG-1,
E60,
AEM-7,
E-44,
Metroliner EMU,
The turbos,
metroliner DMU,

lol and i had a request for the x2000 demo unit amtrak had.
Only the Acela has Custom cars? the rest are amfleet coaches?

West coast?
Tolga/Cascades
Surfliner
Amtrak California with Caltran superliners. with F59PH-I and P32-8
Also they have a cab control car? that is a converted metroliner DMU/EMU?
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

You've got the NEC about right, the Acela has the first class car, cafe car, business class car and the business class car with one door. The rest of the short-distance NEC trains use Amfleet I's which have more seats than the long-distance Amfleet IIs.

The West Coast has the Talgo, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, and Amtrak California which is like Pacific Surfliner cars except they also have P32s as well as F59s.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

tydev417 wrote:You've got the NEC about right, the Acela has the first class car, cafe car, business class car and the business class car with one door. The rest of the short-distance NEC trains use Amfleet I's which have more seats than the long-distance Amfleet IIs.

The West Coast has the Talgo, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, and Amtrak California which is like Pacific Surfliner cars except they also have P32s as well as F59s.
Ok then i have the west coast finnished, witha few minor details (like my tolga looks like @#$%@#$%). Do the amtrak california superliners have cab cars on the back and do push pull? do they have baggage cars?

I am not to picky between amfleet 1 and amfleet 2 cars right now. do to limtations in the game, I only made one generic single level coach that is a good game ballence between reallity and lomo. I did want to do the whole entire set. but thats a lot of clutter in your object directory for stuff that looks so close and and has almost the same stats. maybe after the US pack hits the streets we can revisit amtrak.

As far as the acela goes, I dont have to do that, we already have a good conversion of it. the rest of the NEC should not be to hard then. maybe i could hold off and just make 1 big pack?

Edit: another question, can/do the NEC electrics pull the mail/ MHC / refrigerated express boxcars?
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

Plastikman wrote:ss far as the acela goes, I dont have to do that, we already have a good conversion of it. the rest of the NEC should not be to hard then. maybe i could hold off and just make 1 big pack?

Edit: another question, can/do the NEC electrics pull the mail/ MHC / refrigerated express boxcars?
If you're done with the basic pack now, why not release it and make addons kind of like the BR set?

The NEC electrics can and did run MHCs/Express Boxcars/Refrigerated boxcars but they stopped it back in 2003. I think the Regional and Metroliner ran with MHCs (mail car), and/or express boxcars. Most of Amtrak's non-passenger cars can be found out west on the Southwest Chief (Los Angelos - Chicago) and Sunset Limited (Los Angelos - Orlando).
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

tydev417 wrote:If you're done with the basic pack now, why not release it and make addons kind of like the BR set?
Yeah! I would love to play around with these stuff :D
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

tydev417 wrote:If you're done with the basic pack now, why not release it and make addons kind of like the BR set?
lol because I am 3/4 done with the add on pack and i am would not mind beta testing it all together. or should i say, i am to lazy to beta test it again.
tydev417 wrote: The NEC electrics can and did run MHCs/Express Boxcars/Refrigerated boxcars but they stopped it back in 2003. I think the Regional and Metroliner ran with MHCs (mail car), and/or express boxcars. Most of Amtrak's non-passenger cars can be found out west on the Southwest Chief (Los Angelos - Chicago) and Sunset Limited (Los Angelos - Orlando).
I am in chicagos uinion station almost daily, it is a rare site to see the box cars on those trains these days. amtrak stopped hauling mail and express cars a few years ago. so they could "concentrate on passengers".

thanks, thats what i needed to know. i dont think i am going to "obsolite" the MHC's in lomo though. i might add the amfleet cars in the nec/acela scheme later today if i am in the mood to paint one up.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”