British Rail Set : Current = 5.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Thinlizzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thinlizzy »

metalangel wrote:
Thinlizzy wrote:I know the person who owns "The Siding" please don't steal his material and bandwidth
OWNED!

:twisted:
What?
Cheers, Steve
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

TO: Steve,

"Owned" is slang... don't worry - i think he's recognising what you're saying...

TO: Everyone,

Screenshot attached of a 175 compared with other uk trains and my coupling combi tram....

Credits to Illegal Alien for doing the graphics 'cos he's so good, and I coded...

TO: My Boss,

I am working, honest!
Attachments
175, 180, 158, 220 (Voyager), a tram... which is the odd one out?
175, 180, 158, 220 (Voyager), a tram... which is the odd one out?
uk trains 1.gif (81.82 KiB) Viewed 11390 times
I really must have a word with the sprites laying the grass....  a 450 with a 175 and a double 450.
I really must have a word with the sprites laying the grass.... a 450 with a 175 and a double 450.
desiro 175.gif (129.14 KiB) Viewed 11373 times
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Thinlizzy: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=owned

In this case, definitions 1, 2, 8, but especially #7.

andel: 158 is the odd one out, as it doesn't have electric traction engines? Or am I wrong?
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

I would say that the tram is, because the tram is a tram, and not a train....and the tram is electric whereas all other vehicles there are diesel.
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

By the way, those desiros look great.....BUT, like all conversions they arent sitting on the track, is there a way to get them on the track? They are bit off centre.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

No that isnt possible; but please can you stop with complaining about the conversions? Its getting annoying.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

OK - last screen shot as compared to a loco and carriges from the BE pack...

Answer to the odd one out....

none - they've all been fiddled with or are not "original" Loco....
Attachments
and some 175's and 450's to show the coupling capabilties
and some 175's and 450's to show the coupling capabilties
175 450.gif (110.43 KiB) Viewed 11344 times
a selection of coupled trains...
a selection of coupled trains...
selection 1.gif (116.81 KiB) Viewed 11347 times
Andel
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

andel wrote:Answer to the odd one out....

none - they've all been fiddled with or are not "original" Loco....
That's not fair! That's like saying if Morpheus offered you the blue pill or the red pill, a valid (but not mentioned) option would be to punch him in his gap-toothed face, grab and swallow both pills and shout 'MUAHAHA! OWNAGED!!!' before cuffing Trinity in the stomach and leaping out the window, bellowing the theme song from Jim Davidson's BIG BREAK.
Last edited by metalangel on 22 Aug 2005 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

So true, so true... I apologise...

Anyway - opinion time... should I:
A) Release all three now
B) wait until MajorDuck is ready and co-incide
C) collaborate with MajorDuck if he is up for that
D) Run a UK pack with I/A, and MD if they so wish?

Credits for the trains are:
Illegal Alien for the Graphics
Andel for the Code
Sophie, my gf for the coffee which kept me going whilst coding...
Andel
[/size]
intercity125
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by intercity125 »

Illegal_Alien wrote:No that isnt possible; but please can you stop with complaining about the conversions? Its getting annoying.
It was a simple question.
It is my OPINION that they are off centre, i made an OBSERVATION and asked if it could be fixed. A no would have been ok, i was not complaining - some of us dont know about these things you have to understand, and i really do appreciate the work and effort involved by some people here.

I do not want to seem ungrateful, and i am not.

Hope that that clears everything up.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

OOOHHH!!! i had the 175 and 450 but i used the wrong palette and it made them weird. Have fixed the 175 and will post screenie and andel wanna pm ure msn if u have one.

I official declare this topic as me and andel's now as he has the same idea's as me i think and can concentrate more on the english side of things with me chipping in with some trains. i have a class 318 in spt livery but the middle carriage isnt aligned with the end carriages and make it look really weird.

Should i now call this the Britsh Set for Locomotion??

Oh, IA was it u that made the original class 170?? (well converted it)

and IA can involved as he is great :D
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

intercity125 wrote:
Illegal_Alien wrote:No that isnt possible; but please can you stop with complaining about the conversions? Its getting annoying.
It was a simple question.
It is my OPINION that they are off centre, i made an OBSERVATION and asked if it could be fixed. A no would have been ok, i was not complaining - some of us dont know about these things you have to understand, and i really do appreciate the work and effort involved by some people here.

I do not want to seem ungrateful, and i am not.

Hope that that clears everything up.
I know :), and i also know that MSTS conversions arent perfect; but without them Locomotion would be dead by now. But i hope you will understand also my sight on this :)

And to MajorDuck and Andel: I want to work with you two for a UK pack; and i need some coders for my own packs so we could help eachother :)

Andel: You can give my MSN to MajorDuck :)

I will Update the Class 180 and the Class 92 + MK4 + DVT and Voyager to fit to the pack.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

IA can i have your permission to edit your class 170 so they can couple with the 2 class 170's i have in teh pipeline?

Oh and ghostknife do you want to post you class 31 and 45 aswell so it is an actual british set?
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

To be honest: Wich class 170? I dont have converted a class 170 as i know; only a 180 ?

Btw: http://www.therailwaycentre.com/Pages%2 ... index.html Nice site over DMU`s from the UK.

Or am i totaly wrong? :? (Sorry, i am not familiar with UK trains :P)
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

i think its in your sandbox nad you've called it a class 160 turbostar, but i think its really a class 170
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Majorduck: Have PM'd accordingly... lemme know and we can swap appropriate dats etc...

Am also doing a 3-car 158 :) So - whats the prefix gonna be?!

'UK' or 'GB' or 'BR' or 'UKBR' or 'GBP' or....

ok - I ran out!
Andel
[/size]
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

good good andel, what i might do is have a conversation with you as to how we name the .dats and how it appears in-game, eg mines says JGM Class 320 (SPT) atm but we could change that to BR Class 320 (SPT) and change the .dat names accordingly.
Also IA i found out it was ChrisCF who done the 170, my bad :oops: hehe
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

I've opened up my own copy of the 170 but i've not passed it around... same goes for the combi tram...

I've got a 158 3car now, as well... was worth doing to match Central Trains/Wessex with their 3car chops....

I've PM'd MD with A and IA's MSN...
Andel
[/size]
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

AMI Trains;
Attachments
Fooling arround :P
Fooling arround :P
ami.gif (3.37 KiB) Viewed 11212 times
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Very nice... MD/IA - my msn booted me - trying to get back...
Andel
[/size]

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”