Signals with a presignal-Function

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

chrischi_silly
Engineer
Engineer

Signals with a presignal-Function

Post by chrischi_silly »

I have a problem:
when you have a dual-track with two stations and each station with two platforms. But on the track there are 3 or more trains. I set a signal in front of the stations and one signal before the switch before the stations. But when 2 trains are in the station and the third train comes then the signal in fornt of the switch is yellow and he drive on the switch but theres no way to drive to the platforms.
So, can somebody create a signal that display the next signal function. F.e. If the stationsignal is red the signal before the switch musst be red to. Is it possible?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

That functionality is already in Locomotion; if you make the signals at the station platforms 2-way, and the signal into the junction 1-way, the signal into the junction will not clear until one of the station signals does.
chrischi_silly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrischi_silly »

oh thanks.
chrischi_silly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrischi_silly »

PikkaBird wrote:That functionality is already in Locomotion; if you make the signals at the station platforms 2-way, and the signal into the junction 1-way, the signal into the junction will not clear until one of the station signals does.
I have tested what you said but there was a second problem i forgot to discribe. There are f.e. a third and fourth station like the image. All i need is a method to connect the 2 signals in the direction of the one station with the signals of this station. Because i have ever an "error" on the switch line on the image. Can somebody do this?
Attachments
Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 5161 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

It's a bit hard to make out the screenshot (hint, because loco is 256 colours, screenshots in .png file are relatively small ;))... but I'd say to get it to work properly, you'd need an extra signal block between the main junction and the station. The layout you have there seems too convoluted.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The porblem in your screenshot has to do with the track lenght. The track between signal is too short, making it possible that an engine waits in front of the northern station and at the same time blocking you're crossing. But I recommend you to prevent level crossings like these, they easily become a train jam, even when you *think* you have the signalling right.
chrischi_silly
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chrischi_silly »

OK! Here is a better image. But it must be possible that all the trains drive to the Ost-station and they wait if the station is full with trains. It works if i cancel the tracks to Flurryborough. But why it doesn't work at this time?
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (173.6 KiB) Viewed 770 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Just as I said: you lack some signals to keep the crossing clear at all time. Look at the pics for guidance.
Attachments
Better.png
Better.png (59.77 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Look again.png
Look again.png (129.67 KiB) Viewed 743 times
JTanczos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JTanczos »

The way I do it is this....

1) connect the station directly to the junction. Sometimes the game will wait before entering the junction if it sees no open stations slots.

2) create a length of track able to hold the next incoming train and put the signals at either end.

3) if the stations get more traffic then the junction can handle you have more incoming tracks the length of the longest train and then have them go one way through the station and back to the main track further down the line. I know I posted a few times but this is the example. http://www.tt-forums.net/files/screenshot1_627.jpg

JT
Jango
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jango »

i like the train crash hyronymus :)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”