Bigger stations

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

JTanczos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JTanczos »

Sure they fill up.. Just not at the central station. See they bring iron ore. coal. livestock and grain all to one station in the middle of the map. And because I can only have short stations then I have to have MORE shorter trains which ends up cloggin things up but I seem to have fixed the majority of the hang ups in my current configuation. Its 1997. Have 65 trains running on these tracks and am about to run a few more. I attached a larger screenshot. Gotta be a hundred miles of track in that pic.

You can see the problem in the bottom right corner. Its the exit area of the main station running back onto the parallel tracks.

JT
Attachments
Screenshot8.JPG
Screenshot8.JPG (274.17 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

my larged station single lined is 18*1 :shock: I cant go further then that.. it then says *station to spread out* :(

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Vimp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vimp »

I suspect that you must have a bus stop or truck station or some other thing causing your station to actually spread byond the 18x1 that your train station is taking up and that that is why it won't let you expand it further.
Tyrell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tyrell »

Try this.

The "station to spread out" validation is linkt to the station-sign,
and not to the station-tiles/position.
(note the station-sign changing positions).

edit: max is 27 this way (juggling station tiles in one line)
Obsessed ... me ... no way, I just like! to count atoms ;)
Attachments
Station22tiles.jpg
Station how to (22x1)
(62 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
Last edited by Tyrell on 01 Oct 2004 12:06, edited 2 times in total.
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

you can also make the gap in the middle as long as you like, by extending the station every 2 tiles and then deleting all the extenders but leaving the furthest away ones, this way you can increase the station to its maximum catchment area without loads of station bits allover the place.
Attachments
extenders.jpg
extenders.jpg (312.35 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
There is no ?
Cheesechiu
Engineer
Engineer
Location: Peoples Republic of China,Hong Kong Special Administrative Region,La Salle College

Post by Cheesechiu »

jules wrote:you can also make the gap in the middle as long as you like, by extending the station every 2 tiles and then deleting all the extenders but leaving the furthest away ones, this way you can increase the station to its maximum catchment area without loads of station bits allover the place.
oh,that's how you connect all the farms

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”