[WIP]Industry Project

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

[WIP]Industry Project

Post by Villem »

Ok Here Are Industries/Mods to existing Industries i am planning to do:

Add new product type to Oil Refinery:Plastic
Add new Industry Type:Toy Factory(Produces Dolls(Requires Plastic), Toy Cars and Trains(Require Plastic). Model Is Done, needs a "skin" and few other tweaks via image editing program.
Add New Industry Type:Candy Factor,Produces Candy(Requires Sugar for the candy itself, plastic for wrapping).
Add New Industry Type:Sugar Farm(produces Sugar)
Add New Industry Type:Slate Quarry(Produces Slate, i will do this if i find any good pictures and if i can pull it off).
Add New Industry Where to take the slate..
Add New Industry Type:Gold Ore Mine(Done)
Add New Industry Type:Bank(Thinking of methods how to get it around cities only,well i do i know i could make it a city building and make it accept gold, but i dont know how to limit it per city >_<, and it needs new graphics desperately).
Add New Industry Type:Gold Smelting Works(working on this already)
Last edited by Villem on 30 Sep 2004 18:57, edited 5 times in total.
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

I would love to have the armored cars back.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

The Toy Factory Model...
Attachments
Inspired by Industry Giant 1 toy factory.
Inspired by Industry Giant 1 toy factory.
ToyFactory.png (55.17 KiB) Viewed 9039 times
Spader
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Spader »

How about make it like this with the gold:

Gold Mine (produces raw-gold) -> Mint (melts the gold to gold bars or coins) -> Bank

Or even more sophisticated:

Gold Mine + Chemicals Plant + Paper Mill -> Mint (melts gold, makes money *paper and coins*) -> Federal Bank or Gold Reserve or something

/Spader
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

the gold cycle is already Gold Mine>Smelter>Bank. Been for a while.
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

There's no such thing as "gold ore". Whereas iron is mined as haematite, and aluminium as bauxite, gold is always found in its elemental form, since it doesn't react with anything. Hence, it only has to go somewhere where it can be melted down reformed into "valuables" (coins, bullion, jewellery, etc.), whether that be a mint or a jewellery.

An interesting chain to model might be bauxite mine --bauxite-> aluminium plant --aluminium-> factory. You have the option of either producing goods, or combining with food input to create canned food.

The problem with slate is that it comes as you find it. You could take the output fo a slate quarry and stick it straight on your roof. Perhaps another job for the factory? Perhaps the generic factory can be altered in such a way that different factories have different functions.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

The Gold ore comes from straight translation of Finnish Word.
And only reason i thought of slate, is cause i see A LOT of pictures of UK Slate Wagons For NG(im also trying to obtain some British NG train models and wagons..)
Ravenone
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ravenone »

For Slate, how about:

Slate -> Home Improvement store -> Goods

some what similar to Iron Ore -> steel works -> goods
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

The second step would need to be a processing industry - retail is invisible. I suppose the best name we have for it is "slate works". It would be nice to ship Welsh slate out of the mines :)

So, slate mine --slate-> slate works --goods-> town ?
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Hmmm probably.
JTanczos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JTanczos »

Granite quarries and slate quarries -> Stone Processing plant -> Goods -> Town

I like the banking idea.

I do have one problem. Is it possible to increase the number of industies on a map?? 16 isnt very much when ya think about it.

JT
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

slate mill is what the industries are known as. Wierd though, the buildings for the mill are usually made from larger chunks of slate!
cornelius
Director
Director

Post by cornelius »

ChrisCF wrote:The second step would need to be a processing industry - retail is invisible. I suppose the best name we have for it is "slate works". It would be nice to ship Welsh slate out of the mines :)

So, slate mine --slate-> slate works --goods-> town ?
Would be good if you could make the slate mine eat away at a mountainside too!
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

How about this:

Make City buildings produce waste. Transport waste to a incinerator facility where it can be burned.

Then in 1980 a new industry will develop: A Recycling Center! The Recycling Center will convert 50% of the waste into Recycled Materials which in turn can be transported to a Factory so it can be used for Goods. The other 50% will be burned in the Rycycling Center just like an Incinarator. Eventually, the Incinarator will become obsolete (lets say in 2000, 20 years later) and only Recycling Centers will be allowed from then on.

City (Waste) --> Incinerator

and

City (Waste) --> Recycle Center (Recycled Materials) --> Factory (Goods) --> City.
The Fjonis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by The Fjonis »

Very cool ideas. Is it possible to implement them into a downloadable mod already - does one have the tools necessary to do so? I saw another thread where they are toying with similar things. Incredibly cool if it could be done - it would open up for an infinity of new opportunities.
Ravenone
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ravenone »

I really like the city waste idea. DUnno about the recycle center, but having a city produce passengers, mail and waste would be cool.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

The Waste thing i won't make, cause i don't think theres 3 slots for citybuildings to produce something, and i don't want to go to much trouble or replacing game buildings.
juniorsordi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juniorsordi »

I have some sugestions to make:

- Make Supermarkets grow in the citys. you take the food of the Food Processing and transport it to the supermarket

- Make Automobiles factory. First have to make the plastics factory, so take the plastics, iron ore, coal and oil(or fuel) to make automobiles.

- make harbor to produce fishes, transport the fishes to the Food Processing and make food.

I like the idea of Nuclear Power Plant. but the smoke have to be white, for more real...but if someone want have anithing fun, make the smoke green.

Sorry by my poor english.
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Nuclear power stations don't spew smoke, they put out steam, like every other power station. ;)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

ah maybe i did not make my intentions clear, i will do anything that i am intrested, not something somebody else suggests, i only take suggestions to my existing ideas(as long it does not relate to 1 or 2 more industries chained up to it). Any help with the gold smelter facility or bank or texturing the toyfactory would be appreciated.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”