How to couple Trams together?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

Okay, the XML for the WMC Railcar is attached...hopefully this'll be of use to you, please, tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'm being driven mad!
Tom
Attachments
WMC Railcar XML.txt
(16.45 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

Couple things I noticed -

One, you have the "anytrack" bit set to 1, whereas the other trams have it at 0.

Two, you forgot to allow it to use the neccessary tram track modifications. The field should look like this:

Code: Select all

<useobject desc="trackmod" class="19">RDEXCAT1</useobject>
Not sure atm what's causing your other trams to disappear.
blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

Right, i made those changes, and nothing's changed...they still show up under the tram listing (THe others don't), they can still only be placed on roads...something's not right somewhere, and i've probably missed something very basic...trouble is, until i can do this, i can't really go on to add freight abilities to trams, which is something i really would like to do.
Tom
malepilot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by malepilot »

blackfour wrote:Erm, well, i'm not exactly sure if i'm allowed to do that, after all, they're just the basic Ce 2/2, but modified...if i am allowed to do it, would you be prepared to wait a little while? I'm hoping to make a few more mods, to allow you to carry goods on the tramways as well, thus meaning you can replicate Interurban Railways...
Tom
Hi Tom aka blackfour,

Thanks for replying. However, I had a try on the modding and I think it works :)

Cheerios .....
Chris
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

blackfour wrote:Right, i made those changes, and nothing's changed...they still show up under the tram listing (THe others don't), they can still only be placed on roads...something's not right somewhere, and i've probably missed something very basic...trouble is, until i can do this, i can't really go on to add freight abilities to trams, which is something i really would like to do.
Tom
Hmm...when you began this, did you copy a tram file as a template or a bus file? That may have something to do with what's giving you problems. And as LocoTool is still in the beginning stages (c'mon Patchman, hurry up! :P), there's only so much of the file structure decoded.

And on the adding of freight ability to trams, that can be done with just a few keystrokes. The problems is that tram stops (by themselves) only accept passengers, so you'd either have to edit the stations file (which LocoTool can't do yet), or (much simpler), add a station type to that stop that accepts cargo.
blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

What i did is simply use the basic WMC bus files, and then modified them as appropriate...it seems it doesn't work, no?
Tom
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

No, no it doesn't. I'd suggest re-creating it, only this time work off a tram template. This might give you better results, as there's still a bunch of unknown variables and bit values.
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

After checking out the LocoWikki, you should try setting your 'nummods' var to 1 and see if that does anything. The other trams have it at 1, and for vehicles, it controls how many (or what) track modifcations are needed for it to run on. Not positive if that'll fix it, but it can't hurt.
blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

Right, i'll give that a try, hopefully it'll solve the problem...if not, i'll re-build using a tram file as a base, as you suggested.
Tom

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”