How to create a new vehicle?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

goody
Engineer
Engineer

How to create a new vehicle?

Post by goody »

How would i start to create a new vehicle?

I dont mind it looking like others just i want a new vehicle with different stuff as in speed, capacity etc

Any help will be appreciated :)

Cheers
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

There are some topics about it yet, try searching for how to's and read all messages about the LocoTool.
Quince99
Engineer
Engineer

Not showing up...

Post by Quince99 »

In relation to the above, I've begun simply by cloning the A3, relabelling its data as A3FS and naming it 'Flying Scotsman' with no obsolete date intending to use it as a preserved locomotive.

With the same graphics (will fiddle with those once the hard bits are done!) for the moment but with vehicle ID moved from A3 to A3FS and the file being A3FS.dat courtesy of LocoTool, there should be two distinct vehicles surely?

The A3FS does not show up in any relevant time periods in either new or saved games.

Can anyone shed light on why this is please?
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

If you post your xml file, we might be able to.
Jak
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Not showing up...

Post by Jak »

Quince99 wrote:In relation to the above, I've begun simply by cloning the A3, relabelling its data as A3FS and naming it 'Flying Scotsman' with no obsolete date intending to use it as a preserved locomotive.

With the same graphics (will fiddle with those once the hard bits are done!) for the moment but with vehicle ID moved from A3 to A3FS and the file being A3FS.dat courtesy of LocoTool, there should be two distinct vehicles surely?

The A3FS does not show up in any relevant time periods in either new or saved games.

Can anyone shed light on why this is please?
have you created a new scenario where your new vehicle is available?
There are only 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Quince99
Engineer
Engineer

Enlightenment courtesy of Jak

Post by Quince99 »

Aha!! Jak gets the prize - was still working off original scenarios and savegames and it hadn't occurred to me to actually enable the new loco in the editor... :oops:

Thanks a lot!!! :D

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”