Some help with maglev tracks

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

madman2003
Engineer
Engineer

Some help with maglev tracks

Post by madman2003 »

Last edited by madman2003 on 25 Sep 2004 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

get rid of the ballast, it looks ridiculous with it!
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Also, there is no need for electrical wire above the tracks, as the maglev does not need it. It is propelled by the tracks.
madman2003
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman2003 »

I just had those on for a test train, i hadn't modified everything beyond the basics. I got rid of most graphical glitches, i hadn't done anything to the ballast, but i will remove it, once i figure out what to replace it with on bridges.

Madman2003.
Bart
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bart »

You should take a look at a real life MagLev... especially at the curves :p

No really... this looks like a paint.exe modification of the original railway tracks...
[url=CALLTO://Sgreehder]Image[/url]
madman2003
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman2003 »

It's my first ever modding to loco and i haven't modded tt either, so yes i did use the original track graphics.(not paint though :) ) If i can, then i'll at least disable the small curve(the big curve is probably too curved too, buti'll have to see if it's still useable without those) because that is not possible with maglev, but keep in mind that i'm not nearly finished and maglev will look ugly without a nice bridge and not that stone stuff.

Madman2003.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

you should leave it to Alakamanaia, his do look better.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

copy and paste is a function that you can use, i suggest you do so...
madman2003
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman2003 »

How on earth am i ever going to get some experience if i don't try anything. I found out how you can use just the s-bends and the 45 degree bends and up and down (but not bending while doing it)

<unknown name="field_0[2]" size="1">35</unknown>

In case anyone wants to know.

If you don't want to allow going up and down then:

<unknown name="field_0[2]" size="1">2</unknown>

I don't quite get what you mean by your copy and paste remark Akalamanaia.

If you feel i'm asking stupid questions, then say so, don't say leave it to someone else, because i know someone else can do a better job, i'm just trying to see what i can do myself.

Madman2003.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

i talked to Bornacorn...by the way, maglevs are propelled by magnets..i hope your gona have some kind of walls so ya can atleast pretend it got magnets like its supposed to.
madman2003
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman2003 »

The German system works differently and seems to be easier to make(i can pretend that this looks a bit like it :) ), so for the moment i'll leave it like this. I am not here to compete with you, you'll probably make a much better set, i just want to get some basic feel for modding loco.

Madman2003.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Transrapid is much diffrent. Mine is more like Japanese Shinkasen but not quite like it. Yours just looks like grey slab on the ground..
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

Akalamanaia wrote:Transrapid is much diffrent. Mine is more like Japanese Shinkasen but not quite like it. Yours just looks like grey slab on the ground..
Hey thats harsh and rude.
He's never done anything like this before and he's learning, and tbh its better than i or many of the casual users in here could do... hes asking for HELP, not insults, or unconstructive criticism.
There is no ?
madman2003
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madman2003 »

This was just something to get to understand loco modding, i understand the tracks are graphicly poor at best. If someone really wants to give some advice, then tell me how i could convert 3d models to loco graphics. Haven't made any models, but that seems the better way, since the huge amount of sprites.

Madman2003.
Johns_Volition
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Johns_Volition »

There is a knowledgebase in progress in steve's locomotiondepot... of course it's not full of knowledge yet, but a little's there.. http://wiki.locomotiondepot.net/

any help is appriciated
-
whatever

"The universe would disappear in a puff of logic!"
-Patchman MMIV A.D.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

jules wrote:
Akalamanaia wrote:Transrapid is much diffrent. Mine is more like Japanese Shinkasen but not quite like it. Yours just looks like grey slab on the ground..
Hey thats harsh and rude.
He's never done anything like this before and he's learning, and tbh its better than i or many of the casual users in here could do... hes asking for HELP, not insults, or unconstructive criticism.
Reality, always is harsh and rude.
-matt-
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -matt- »

We should welcome new additions to locomotion not criticise them. If you havent got anything good to say dont say anything at all.

cheers
Matt (formerly known as 250787)

For videos of uk railways visit http://www.ukrailvideos.uni.cc
For discussing UK railways visit
http://www.ukrailforums.uni.cc
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

True, reality is that, but that doesn'a mean you have to be an ass.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

DarkMatter wrote:True, reality is that, but that doesn'a mean you have to be an ass.
Apparently telling the truth is being like a ass novadays..its not like im gona lie to him "OMG ITS GOOD!"
DarkMatter
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DarkMatter »

No, telling the truth isn't "being like an ass." Saying, basically, that it sucks and he has no talent, is. If you look at his post, he was asking if anyone could give him hints/tips on how to do it. Constructive criticism is good, as it can help people identify what they're doing right/wrong, but plain criticism doesn't serve any real purpose.

And I never suggested that you should lie to him.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”